Mass Shooting at Connecticut Elementary School - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #841
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
Obviously, if he carried a pistol with him every time he went jogging then he could have defended himself.

-Wayne LaPierre
This is too sad of incident to get an LOL, but I did appreciate the sarcasm...
__________________

__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #842
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,659
Local Time: 08:14 PM
The ONLY thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Oh, wait...

Antoinette Tuff: Meet the Woman Who Prevented a Mass School Shooting Yesterday
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #843
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
The ONLY thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Oh, wait...

Antoinette Tuff: Meet the Woman Who Prevented a Mass School Shooting Yesterday
What an amazing woman. We would be talking about a very horrible tragedy if it wasn't for her wits, heart, and courage.

I'm not sure that hoping there is a gentle book keeper to talk a mass-shooter out of his spree is a real solution though. It's very scary to know that we almost had another Sandy Hook.
__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #844
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,659
Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
I'm not sure that hoping there is a gentle book keeper to talk a mass-shooter out of his spree is a real solution though. It's very scary to know that we almost had another Sandy Hook.
Definitely, but imagine if she or someone else had a gun and shot at him and missed. I know it's a hypothetical, but I'm sure that would have spooked the gunman enough to start firing back. That's the way I'm looking at this.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #845
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Definitely, but imagine if she or someone else had a gun and shot at him and missed. I know it's a hypothetical, but I'm sure that would have spooked the gunman enough to start firing back. That's the way I'm looking at this.
I've always feared since Columbine that there would be this evil competition of children body count. Evil knows what breaks our hearts the most - the death of children. We dodged a close one yesterday - but it seems likely another school mass shooting will occur.

Hopefully we will find out more about this guy (since he's alive) and learn what triggered his desire to slaughter children.
__________________

__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com