MARTIAL LAW DECLARED??? Watch and you tell me!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=l784lax1E70

What does this guy say at approx 1:18 in the clip. This was from the debate on the 700 Billion dollar bailout. Something really fishy is happening with this bailout and talk of the "next great depression". It doesn't take a genius to see that. What if this is the great surprise that some in the darker corners of the conspiracy theory movement have been talking about for years. That the elections of 2008 would be suspended and Bush and Cheney would have total control of the U.S.??? My God, this may be happening as we speak!!!!!

****NOTE: As I always do I checked to see if this video worked - for some reason it says "no longer available". I'd suggest you go to youtube and press in "martial law declared" or something of that sort. WOULD SOMEONE WHO KNOWS MORE ABOUT COMPUTERS PLEASE POST THE VIDEO!!! I WENT BACK TO YOUTUBE AND THERE ARE SEVERAL CLIPS AVAILABLE. THE CLIP IS ABOUT 1:20 AND INVOLVES A REPUBLICAN GETTING UP AND SPEAKING. IN IT HE SAYS THAT MARTIAL LAW WAS DECLARED OVERNIGHT. MAYBE I'M NOT SEEING THE WHOLE PICTURE HERE BUT NEVERTHELESS IT'S WORTH FURTHER INVESTIGATION - IS IT NOT???

The link you just posted is from July of 2006.

The clip in question is from less than 24 hours ago. Not 2006.
Needless to say as the article above states, this was NOT "Martial Law" for the country (although by the looks of things that may not be that far off) but rather "Martial Law" for the House Of Representitives. Whew. For now.

time to switch to decaf, Harry.

You don't find the trigger finger on caps lock and excessive use of punctuation somewhat endearing? I certainly do. Imagine if he typed with the bluntness of STING before he decided to include random wink smileys.

:wink:

And here I thought you were the new political Nostradamus, Harry. I thought you surely would have seen this coming.

I don't know which way is up anymore. :(

OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the librul media??????????????????????????????????

tinfoil-hat.jpg

^ Why do you always have to be so rude?

Surely a more interesting question to address is why do so many people believe in conspiracy theories in these times?

A little bit of reality:

From what I understand this isn't martial law as in "police state". This so called “martial law rule” is an internal rule of the Congress that allows the members to vote to suspend the regular rules so that legislation can be adopted more expeditiously.

Committee on Rules - Republicans

These conspiracy theorists know how to use YouTube, but can't work Google to look up something? :huh:

Surely a more interesting question to address is why do so many people believe in conspiracy theories in these times?
Because simple all encompassing answers give more comfort than a world where bad things happen for innumerable uncontrollable reasons.

I'm sorry was this thread suppose to be taken seriously? This poster constantly YELLS at people and tells them they are "completely wrong" all the time while not ever checking the facts.

FEAR

A little bit of reality:

From what I understand this isn't martial law as in "police state". This so called “martial law rule” is an internal rule of the Congress that allows the members to vote to suspend the regular rules so that legislation can be adopted more expeditiously.

Committee on Rules - Republicans

These conspiracy theorists know how to use YouTube, but can't work Google to look up something? :huh:

If you had actually read my second post - minutes after the first - you'd know that I indeed did do research and found that this was a term that is used in Congress. I corrected myself almost immediatley. Anyways, for someone who has little knowledge of the inside workings of Congress, to have watched that youtube clip and not been alarmed by the term "Martial Law" especially during the "greatest finincial crisis since the great depression" would have been irresponsible.

Anyways, for someone who has little knowledge of the inside workings of Congress, to have watched that youtube clip and not been alarmed by the term "Martial Law" especially during the "greatest finincial crisis since the great depression" would have been irresponsible.

If by 'irresponsible' you mean 'not prone to jumping to hysterical conclusions,' then sure.

If by 'irresponsible' you mean 'not prone to jumping to hysterical conclusions,' then sure.

Again, what is so "hysterical" about being worried when you watch a member of congress in what is being described as the "worst finincial crisis since the great depression" say that "martial law" has been declared overnight????

If being worried is being "hysterical" then I'm glad I'm a hysterical nutcase. When it does eventually come crashing to the ground at least I'll have a slight inkling as to how I'll feel and maybe, just maybe, be able to do something positive during it.

Again, what is so "hysterical" about being worried when you watch a member of congress in what is being described as the "worst finincial crisis since the great depression" say that "martial law" has been declared overnight????

Or you know, you could just do the research BEFORE jumping into "MARTIAL LAW DECLARED????" overreaction mode.

Back
Top Bottom