Man holds hostages at Discovery TV building

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
after his protest in 2008, i think he was brought to court -- there was a restraining order on him where he had to stay 500 feet away from the building, but that expired in August.

Thanks-well obviously they should have gotten another one if they could have. I saw on the news last night that one of his "protests" involved throwing thousands of dollars in cash in the air in front of the building. They showed video, people were running to grab the cash. I wonder where he got that money.

Well there's one less destructive human out there. Words cannot describe the irony of his actions. :cute:

But really, I'm glad everyone is okay.

Probably not the best time for humor, but the stuff he says on his website cracked me up.

Saving the environment and the remaning species diversity of the planet is now your mindset. Nothing is more important than saving them. The Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, and, of course, the Squirrels.

:laugh:

It is amazing the things people will rant about when they get all paranoid/conspiracy theory on everyone.

Irvine, wow. That's one hell of a story, I can't imagine actually being close enough to that action. I'm so glad that everything turned out okay for all involved. Shaken up, though, I'm sure. And hat's off to the police and the Discovery people for handling the situation so professionally and calmly :up:. Good job, guys.

Also, I didn't know that you worked for TLC for a living. That's pretty cool :).

Angela

Saving the environment and the remaning species diversity of the planet is now your mindset. Nothing is more important than saving them. The Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, and, of course, the Squirrels.

So in other words, he's your average FYM poster.

Kidding, kidding.

TLC should really change their name. None of their programming is educational. Maybe the PT Barnum Channel would be more fitting

They should call it The Schadenfreude Network.
Of course then there would be a fight over the copyright between TLC and about 37 other network with their "reality" programs that capitalize on people with emotional/mental/physical problems. Makes me sick.

Lets not turn this thread into a political debate? :wave:

Come on, the media love mass death and destruction, absolutely love it. War violence, mass shootings, blood; they love it. There is nothing better for ratings than wars and people killing other people. Remember ZooTV and the theme of the dehumanisation of violence, well now it's even worse, ten times worse.

And you, and people like you, are the victims, Pac Mule, even if you haven't realised it yet.

In fairness, we all are. Not just you.

So how do ya like dem apples?

The Oklahoma bomber
I think he's trying to tell you that he's offended by your post... or something.... I dunno

Come on, the media love mass death and destruction, absolutely love it. War violence, mass shootings, blood; they love it. There is nothing better for ratings than wars and people killing other people. Remember ZooTV and the theme of the dehumanisation of violence, well now it's even worse, ten times worse.

And you, and people like you, are the victims, Pac Mule, even if you haven't realised it yet.

In fairness, we all are. Not just you.

So how do ya like dem apples?

The media doesn't cause these events. Even if their motives for putting these things on the news are for money rather than informing people. But I'd rather know what's going on than not know. I don't consider myself a victim.

Back
Top Bottom