Man Arrested for Kissing Daughter in Public

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's interesting to me, the whole issue of physical affection between kids and parents and especially with opposite gender parents. I don't know how much of it is how we are raised and how much physical affection there is with our parents and how much of it is the level of paranoia that can exist today about these issues. What he said about being gay and their relationship being different, I don't know if he meant that in terms of the physical affection.

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't read anything sinister into that. Just sounds to me like he may be comparing their himself and their overall relationship to other (straight) teen boys and their mothers.

I was raised in an affectionate family. My mom was more demonstrative than my dad, but I kissed them both on the lips. To this day, when I see my mom, I kiss her and tell her I love her when I leave. I've raised my daughter the same way, too.

Stephanie-Seymour-29.jpg

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't read anything sinister into that. Just sounds to me like he may be comparing their himself and their overall relationship to other (straight) teen boys and their mothers.

I don't mean "sinister" at all, and I think he did mean overall relationship

I knew deep would go there....some people really did seem to focus on that in their comments.

How Close Is Too Close Between Mother and Son?

i'm going to assume the boob gropage was just taken out of context/slip of the hand/whatever, but it's still really. fucking. creepy. it's like breastfeeding a five year old: some things are okay at a younger age but it's just creepy for a 17 year old boy to kiss his mother on the mouth.

While I see nothing wrong with Seymour and her son kissing each other, that pic deep posted is disturbing, at least for me.

While I see nothing wrong with Seymour and her son kissing each other, that pic deep posted is disturbing, at least for me.

Yeah, I saw all of the pics too and I agree they are kind of disturbing. The one that deep posted was probably the funniest because it looks like the kid has got a boner going on there and his mom is getting a good look. You could definitely insert a nice caption for it. But, the kid says he's gay so it's all good. It probably wasn't a boner. Maybe his bathing suit got all weird when it got wet. :wink:

I agree. I can see how the others are taken out of context. I have no problem with him kissing his mother on the lips and the hand could be an accident or just the angle of the photo. But I'm having a hard time trying to come up with a reason for the one Deep posted.

If that particular picture really is what it looks like, I'd say that most 17 yr old boys walk around in a near constant state of arousal. A breeze blowing in the wrong direction can cause it. So, he has a semi, and he's in wet, clingy swimming trunks. Looks like his mom is fiddling with the string or waistband or something. Maybe she should have gasped and ran away in shame to the other side of the beach, where she wouldn't have to see such horror. Or maybe she knows it's a normal bodily function, and isn't that hung up about it. Either way, I don't feel comfortable judging.

from her angle she probably wouldn't even notice anything, in that picture deep posted. plus, has anyone here ever tried to fix a knotted drawstring while wearing wet shorts? it's the most infuriating torture known to man.

although i'd question his timing, i wouldn't go about asking someone for help with the waistband while i've been enjoying the local scenery, so to speak.

If that particular picture really is what it looks like, I'd say that most 17 yr old boys walk around in a near constant state of arousal. A breeze blowing in the wrong direction can cause it. So, he has a semi, and he's in wet, clingy swimming trunks. Looks like his mom is fiddling with the string or waistband or something. Maybe she should have gasped and ran away in shame to the other side of the beach, where she wouldn't have to see such horror. Or maybe she knows it's a normal bodily function, and isn't that hung up about it. Either way, I don't feel comfortable judging.

It's not so much the appearance of a semi than it is that she's helping him with his waistband... I don't know seems odd to me. :shrug:

from her angle she probably wouldn't even notice anything, in that picture deep posted. plus, has anyone here ever tried to fix a knotted drawstring while wearing wet shorts? it's the most infuriating torture known to man.

although i'd question his timing, i wouldn't go about asking someone for help with the waistband while i've been enjoying the local scenery, so to speak.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Maybe he's a shower, not a grower. :wink:

Weird, but, whatever. Like I believe I said earlier, making accusations that someone is a pedo and/or abuser is pretty serious, not something I care to get into based on a few pap shots that are invasive and creepy regardless of the relationship between the two people. I have never been a very affectionate person, so I really have no idea what the "norm" is for other people/families. I love my mom and dad and we never fight (I never ran around slamming doors and screaming I hated them like some of my friends routinely got away with), I get along with and enjoy the company of both, but I just wasn't an "I love you" kiss/hug kind of kid, still not.

If that particular picture really is what it looks like, I'd say that most 17 yr old boys walk around in a near constant state of arousal.

I feel so weird discussing this but yeah, I would think so. It's just not all that controllable sometimes. So, um, yeah..:eek:

Let's go back to talking about snow penises :wink: I have twenty inches to use :D :shifty:

...that article raises the question in my mind: should a mother/child relationship be different because the child is homosexual? To me that seems more odd than the photos. Why should the sexual orientation of the child dictate the relationship between the mother and the child and how affectionate they are?

Back
Top Bottom