Male-on-Male Sexual Harassment on the Rise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice title.:|

It's also possible that same-sex harassment is not on the rise, but that male victims feel more empowered about reporting abuse.

You think? Just like I'm sure sexual harassment didn't exist between men and women until it got reported.

Actually, this issue has as much to do with "the gays" as fraternity hazing does. That is, it doesn't. From the article:

In truth, sexual harassment of both genders has more to do with issues of control and abuses of power for the purpose of humiliation than with sexual attraction.

By exposing the men to taunts about their genitalia, sexually suggestive simulations, and lewd comments, the men perpetrating the harassment are seeking to embarrass and target the male victims—not sexually stimulate or "flirt" with them. "Sexual harassment is about using power in a way to hurt somebody," says Marcia McCormick, associate professor at Saint Louis University School of Law, who specializes in employment law and gender issues. In the Cheesecake Factory suit there were no allegations that supervisors were attracted to the other men—the sexual harassment was a form of intimidation, McCormick says.

I'm sure the thread title was meant to be "charming," so I hesitate to now come across as humourless, but really, I don't find it funny.

This is what I mean. With your charm and winsome personality, I imagine that you've got people beating down your door. You must be very disciplined to keep up your defense of the internet.

I just thought you might need a hug, virtual or not it seems like you may have not gotten enough in your lifetime.

Do we really want to open our lives up to speculation based on our posts? I'm thinking that would be a lose lose situation for you...:shrug:

I just thought you might need a hug, virtual or not it seems like you may have not gotten enough in your lifetime.

Do we really want to open our lives up to speculation based on our posts? I'm thinking that would be a lose lose situation for you...:shrug:

Ha. Sure. I'm devoid of love. My life is really miserable. That's why I spend so much time arguing on the internet. I hate myself and I hate what my life has become.

Irvine, don't lie. I would NEVER invite you to the Cheesecake Factory. I invited you to Applebees.

Melon, imagine my surprise when I read that you didn't find this funny.

I got harrassed by a Gay manager for years.
It went from groping to stalking to threats and intimidation.
They finally fired him.

<>

Melon, imagine my surprise when I read that you didn't find this funny.

I'm less concerned about you, as I know when you're joking, and more about some other people here who probably would like to think that gays are disgusting perverts preying on people at every opportunity.

But maybe this thread will be different. Who knows?

i've never had an experience with sexual harrassment in the workplace. with that said, i am married to a former co-worker.

I'm less concerned about you, as I know when you're joking, and more about some other people here who probably would like to think that gays are disgusting perverts preying on people at every opportunity.

But maybe this thread will be different. Who knows?

Of course it won't. This is an internet message board. I don't run out of a whore house complaining that I found no virtue within.

I got harrassed by a Gay manager for years.
It went from groping to stalking to threats and intimidation.
They finally fired him.

<>

An acquaintance of mine once had to barricade his door to avoid the unwanted attentions of a gay flatmate.

Edit: That said I thought he was slightly gay himself so I don't know the full story.

Dalton, inappropriate. This is FYM, where important world issues are being discussed and resolved. So you can just take yer humor and gggggiiiiiitt out

they%20took%20er%20jobs.jpg

Me, myself, and I, it seems.

I'm not sure I've been employing the use of profanity enough with my new username to allow people to recognize it's still me.

Back
Top Bottom