Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at the General Assembly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungBono

Refugee
There he stood.....the small man with the big mouth.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the madman of Tehran, stood at the podium of the general assembly and once again spouted his anti-Israel, anti-west, anti-Jewish, anti-human, venom.

Like Adolf Hitler in his day, his voice echoed through the assembly hall and his speech was full of rhetoric and hate and, like Hitler, he mesmorized most of his audience who responded with applause.

Like Hitler, he of course blamed all the world's troubles (particularly the present economic crisis) on the Jews who "control the world's economy".

Like Hitler, he stood there with no one to oppose him and no one telling him that he's going too far and that hatred will lead him nowhere, and not to blame other people for his own inadequacies.

Just like Hitler envisioned the destruction of all the Jewish population in Europe (eventually murdering 6 million), so the little man with the big mouth envisions the destruction of the state of Israel (population 7 million)

Just like Hitler had the SS and Gestapo to torture, maim and kill for him, so Ahmadinejad has Hezbollah to spread terror and destruction around the world, killing thousands of innocent people.

Just like Hitler had an unholy alliance with Benito Mussolini in fascist Italy, so Ahmadinejad has his good friend Hugo Chavez in Venezuela - another dictator who spares no words when it comes to bashing the west (and especially the U.S.A).

Just like Hitler, he is leading his country to ruin and isolation by his own actions.

.......however, UNLIKE in Hitler's time.....there is a state of Israel which can (and will) protect itself against any threat of destruction and his delusions of Israel's destruction will blow up right in his face.

Peace to all of you,
Elaine

sometimes one has to consider the person writing the post
when evaluating the remarks

AchtungBono is Israeli and has lived in Israel for several years.

I don't expect her to see eye to eye with my opinions.

And I do recall there were people saying Americans over reacted to 911
only 2700 people died.
Many believed the Afghanistan War was an over reaction when you evaluate innocent people killed.

I am not surprised that many Israelis compare Ahmedinejad to Hitler.

or am I surprised that many Muslims compare Bush for that matter.

and this vile little man has given more press conferences than the nominee for Vice President.

welcome to John McCain's America.

Whether it's true or not, hearing this guy say that the American Empire is nearing it's end is fucking depressing as hell! What the hell is going on? :sad:

Will youse start WW III on your own, 'cos if this article is correct it looks like the US has stopped being Israel's b**** for the moment.

Israel asked US for green light to bomb nuclear sites in Iran | World news | guardian.co.uk

How long do you think that will last. Really. It's going to happen one day...sooner or later. It could depend on who wins the election. If Obama wins I could easily see Cheney urging an attack before he takes office i.e. leaving a monstrous mess for the Democrats...And before you say Cheney doesn't run things take a good hard look at the last 8 years.

Harry, maybe its a false story put out by PNAC to make people suspect that Bush won't drop the bomb, giving the worlds dumbest evil genius the element of surprise.

Harry, maybe its a false story put out by PNAC to make people suspect that Bush won't drop the bomb, giving the worlds dumbest evil genius the element of surprise.

I assume you are being ironic, but the publicly declared aims of PNAC are entirely consistent with world domination and massacring millions of civilians.

One does not need to invent conspiracy theories - their insane objectives are entirely on the public record.

and this vile little man has given more press conferences than the nominee for Vice President.

welcome to John McCain's America.

Agreed! The protesters In New York were too civilized. I would have liked to have seen someone burn the Iranian flag for a change. Since, burning the American flag, seems to be Saturday Night entertainment, in this vile little man's country.

There are no homosexuals in Iran, because they are murdered.

Agreed! The protesters In New York were too civilized. I would have liked to have seen someone burn the Iranian flag for a change. Since, burning the American flag, seems to be Saturday Night entertainment, in this vile little man's country.

Somehow... I don't think that helps.

Maybe the informed people realize that Ahmadinejad has no actual power or authority within Iran's political and religious structure and that he's little more than the cartoon character he's designed to be.

Or do the Republicans think that Sarah Palin is also such a cartoon?

Maybe the informed people realize that Ahmadinejad has no actual power or authority within Iran's political and religious structure and that he's little more than the cartoon character he's designed to be.
Is there any reason to believe his public words do not echo the private words of the mullahs?

Is there any reason to believe his public words do not echo the private words of the mullahs?

I spoke about this briefly to my uncle who lived in Tehran for about a decade (he's an engineer). His take on it is that the mullahs are keenly aware of public opinion in Iran. Yes, the Iranians are weary of the Americans (and you would be too if you were in their shoes) but they are also uniquely well-educated for that part of the world and the younger generation, which is sizeable due to their birth rate demographics, is quite pro-Western. It is relative to an extent, but young people there are uninterested in warfare and in fact privately live much more liberalized lives than we may think. Capitalism has been embraced, and because of the value of commodities, they see themselves as well positioned to function in the global economy, at least for the time being.

The mullahs may hate Bush & America as much as Ahmadinejad does - I have no way of knowing that. But they also know that this isn't the 50s or the 70s, and pragmatism and practicality are holding them back from making equivalent caustic statements or behaving in equally belligerent ways as he does. They don't need to - they have him to serve that purpose, while they are more concerned with hanging on to power and doing so requires a position which is quite watered down.

The mullahs may hate Bush & America as much as Ahmadinejad does - I have no way of knowing that. But they also know that this isn't the 50s or the 70s, and pragmatism and practicality are holding them back from making equivalent caustic statements or behaving in equally belligerent ways as he does.
We don't know if the Ayatollah or how many of the mullahs share Ahmadinejad's apocalyptic wish to see the return of the Twelfth Imam.

As for laying low, only in that they set up Hezbollah, Hamas and Syrian groups to do their dirty work while giving Iran the cover of plausible deniability.

Iranians mock Holocaust on annual Jerusalem Day Sep 26

Iranians chanted "Death to Israel" on Friday as Islamist students unveiled a book mocking the Holocaust in an Al-Quds (Jerusalem) Day annual parade to show solidarity with the Palestinians.
And in Gaza City, the Islamist Hamas movement that has ruled the impoverished Palestinian territory since June 2007 marked the day by calling for more suicide attacks on Israel.

Iran does not recognise the Jewish state, and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has attracted international condemnation by repeatedly predicting Israel is doomed to disappear and branding the Holocaust a "myth."

On Friday, tens of thousands of Iranians marched in Tehran, chanting "Death to Israel," declaring solidarity with the Palestinians and calling for Jerusalem and Israel to be handed to the Palestinians.

Demonstrators carried placards bearing slogans including "Israel will be destroyed, Palestine is Victorious" and "Holy war until victory," and they also torched American and Israeli flags.

Friday's Iran protest follows a fresh verbal attack on Israel by Ahmadinejad.

In an address to the UN General Assembly in New York on Tuesday, he said "the Zionist regime is on a definite slope to collapse and there is no way for it to get out of the cesspool created by itself and its supporters."

The demonstration was held under an official slogan: "The Islamic world will not recognise the fake Zionist regime under any circumstances and believes that this cancerous tumour will one day be wiped off the face of the earth."
(edited by indy500)

^ awful.

what else do you want us to say? NO ONE likes the Iranian government. or do we have to moan like a Greek chorus at their every move?

Is Obama going to speak for you when he's elected?

He may not be speaking for me personally, anymore than Bush speaks for me personally, but in matters of foreign relations, when speaking to the U.N. General Assembly, he will be speaking for the United States of America.
Our president is not a figurehead.

But when one hears Bush speak they can assume his words reflect the private thoughts of ALL Americans... at least according to your logic.

Back
Top Bottom