London's burning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been listening/watching to BBC News on their site. So, so crazy. When my friend linked that video and knowing that she lives somewhere near there it was just so scary to think what it would be like to be there in it. I hope they get it under control soon.

Watching that video, the police need rubber bullets, bean bag guns and tear gas.

With this on film, it would be easy to charge and get convictions on the rioters.

The thing is they wont arrest them and charge them. Because that would be racial discrimination. White police officers must not touch the black men. When will this country realise we are not the minority here.

It looks like pictures from the film 28 Days Later or something. So it started because police shot a drug dealer who belonged in a gang, who shot at them first? Morons, don't shoot at police and deal drugs if you don't want to get shot. Well hopefully when it's over all the gang members will be locked up for good and the streets will be cleaner than before.

Besides loss of life, so many people are going to be out of work since so many businesses are being destroyed. Have they sent in the military? With the Wall Street issues here in the US and the Somalia issues, that's been dominating our news. I've watched some BBC World though.

And to the earlier post, no Japan hasn't had riots. Japan is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, they rarely have major problems with violence, mostly small stuff.

The thing is, the rioters don't even have a proper reason to riot. It's not even rioting no more its looting and vandalism. They have no cause to riot.

The thing is they wont arrest them and charge them. Because that would be racial discrimination. White police officers must not touch the black men. When will this country realise we are not the minority here.

I am sure there are white thugs too.

I hate to say it. But looking at how English football fans behave at matches, there seems to be plenty of males in England that get drunk and will beat another to a bloody pulp.

I am sure there are white thugs too.

I hate to say it. But looking at how English football fans behave at matches, there seems to be plenty of males in England that get drunk and will beat another to a bloody pulp.

This is racial. I can tell you that now.

And it's not Hooligans either.

Guardian, Aug. 9
For three hours mayhem ruled in Hackney's Pembury Estate, the centre of the violence in east London. The police were there, but there was no doubt who set the law in the estate, comprised of local authority mansion-blocks of flats. Masked youths--both men and women--helped carry debris, bins, sticks and motorbikes, laying them across the roads to form a flaming boundary to the estate. The crowd in Hackney--numbering at least 300--appeared larger than any from previous nights of rioting.

In one of the most shocking incidents, a police officer in a solitary parked vehicle was attacked shortly before 9pm. His windscreen was entirely smashed as a young man scaled the roof and pounded down with a brick. Others attacked from the sides with sticks and bottles. Trapped, and unable to see out, the officer accelerated through the crowd, and a hail of missiles. "I've been wanting to see us do this to the Feds for years," said one man, in his 30s. "Kill the police," said another, both hands aloft and brandishing sticks as weapons.
The nature of the disturbances has shifted over the past 72 hours. In Tottenham on Saturday, the anger may have spilled over into looting, but there remained a sense of political purpose. The violence had grown from a protest against the police shooting of Mark Duggan, and even those stealing TVs and mobile phones yelled "police are murderers" as they did so. But 24 hours later, when young people took to the streets in boroughs across north London, and, in the south, in Brixton, they seemed intent on property theft rather than confrontations with police...In Pembury Estate last night, the opposite was true. There was no doubting their objective: they wanted to fight police.

...Crowds gathered there from 5pm, after having been moved on from Mare Street and London Fields, where there had been minor looting. All routes into the estate were blocked off with burning debris. A man with a Jamaican flag across his face sprayed in red across the entrance to one tower block: "Fuck Da Police." "Come and get us, man," shouted another, as he hurled a bottle at riot police gathered in the distance. A van was stolen, rammed into a wall and set on fire. A Suzuki motorbike was dragged from a side road, surrounded by boxes and plastic bags, and set on fire. Several other vehicles were set alight. Groups waited nearby, but at sufficient distance to avoid the shrapnel when the petrol tanks inevitably exploded. "We aint going nowhere," a man shouted. "This is our estate." His comments, and those of others, felt like attempted expressions of power, as the crowd tried to assert their independence.

Journalists and bystanders were not welcome. Several were approached with demands to know if they were "Feds". Regardless of the answer, phones were swiped from hands and smashed. At least three reporters were attacked--one photographer was dragged to the ground and beaten by four youths.

...At times, there was hand-to-hand combat between riot officers and young men with makeshift weapons. But generally the crowd aimed for vulnerable targets--solitary police vans, unguarded shops and bus shelters were smashed. On two occasions, when individual officers appeared isolated from their unit, the crowd surged forward with bricks and stones.

Iv heard that there are riots in Belfast right now. Dont know if this is true or not, maybe you could confirm.

I'm in Manchester at the moment, but i've heard nothing more than the usual really back home. Summer is always the rioting season in Belfast, no biggy really.

I was watching CNN International and they had a reporter walking around West London. Thugs kept circling the camera and the reporter, and they were both white and black.

And it's not Hooligans either.

I've never been to England.

But, one thing I do know.

Over the next few days a lot more information will come out, and your premise will be pretty much proven to be correct or not.

So I will just wait for more information.

This all kicked off because a young black male was shot dead by a police officer. Gangs then retaliated and started rioting. Things just escalated and now its kicked off into one big riot. Thing is the family of the young male that was shot say he was not connected to the gangs. So it's been one big excuse to cause mayhem basically. I no for a fact it's black orientated, because i know black people who are rioting this second. Stupid enough to invite on facebook to his mates. Like you said read into it in the next coming days, you will see. Like i said earlier this is just a remise of the riots 30 years agao, which was racial.

I did find this

Mark-Duggan-007.jpg

Mark Duggan: profile of Tottenham police shooting victim | UK news | The Guardian

I do know here in L A, California we had the Rodney King riots in 1992.
That began when a black man was beat by police.

When it was all over looting was done by people from all races.

I did find this

Mark Duggan: profile of Tottenham police shooting victim | UK news | The Guardian

I do know here in L A, California we had the Rodney King riots in 1992.
That began when a black man was beat by police.

When it was all over looting was done by people from all races.

There will be looting from all races, same as there will be spectators from all races. But the people doing the real violence and destruction are the blacks. Now am not a racist, i have many mixed race friends. Am just stating the truth here.

Apologies in advance for the offtopic post but: How do you get the iTunes card?

On Topic: This is definitely horrible and I hope people come to their senses sooner rather than later, before too much damage and too many lives are ruined/ended over all of this insanity. It would be great if the truth about the original situation comes out, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Now rioting in Bristol...I think just in general thugs being galvanised into action by the looting in London.

Looters and Rioters are the same.

A person throwing a brick through a store window and walking off with computers or TVs is no better than a person that throws a brick at a police car window.

No looters throw bricks through a store window and walk off with a tv for their own benefit. Rioters attack policemen and pedestrians to cause harm and injury/death, for the cause in which they believe in. Peaceful riots do not end up in injuries inflicted on one and other. These riot are intent on harm and destruction.

"Peaceful riots"? Surely that sounds as strange in British English as American?

Back
Top Bottom