Living in a mansion on €200 a month social welfare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel sorry for them. They lost their business and thought, they could sell other properties, so they could afford the one large estate.

I am in a better situation, than a lot of younger folks who are buying a home. My house is payed for. Has been, for several years now. I was laid off from my part time job in January, but my husband still has full time employment. And We have no credit card debt.

I was laid off from my part time job in January, but my husband still has full time employment. And We have no credit card debt.

That's hard but if you were "single" you'd have nothing to fall back on.
My son is divorced and unemployed and has recently lost his vehicle.
He's trying to hang on to his apartment because he's afraid if he looses it he won't be able to get another because of the hit to his credit from the vehicle.
It's so frightening to him and even though I'm there for him - he's a grown man (30) and doesn't want to move in with his Mom. That I can understand, but he has has 2 little girls and it's taking away from them because he can't pay the full child support.
I'm helping with all I can but it's a juggling act to keep up with what he has due with what I have. I'm the perfect example of the working poor now, I guess. He nor I have any credit card debt, even with everything that's going on, we refuse fall into that bottomless pit. So far, that is. We may have to go that route soon.
It just bascially suck's. :huh:

I agree, Sue.

I also worry, about my grown children, too. House, apartment payments. They fear. They are the next to be unemployed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom