Liberal or Conservative?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Better Describes You?

• Liberal

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Conservative

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
Of COURSE demand creates jobs. Does supply create jobs? Yes, of course. But putting money on the demand side is far, far more efficient. Every economist who isn't imprisoned by his political ideology knows this.

Putting money on the demand side is far, far more efficient at creating inflation if strategies aren't in place to of encourage new business and economic growth via new capital investment.

That is supply-side economics and it doesn't sound all that crazy to me but maybe I'm imprisoned by political ideology.

Please remember that even President Obama's Debt Commission recommended the following:

I believe the purpose of a tax code is to raise revenue for the constitutional functions of the state without stifling economic growth. Not to pick winners or losers (loopholes, subsidizes). Not for income redistribution or "economic justice."

And that is a clear distinction between conservatives and liberals.

For the record, I never said I was against raising tax rates to achieve pre-recession revenues once the economy and joblessness had greatly improved and the federal budget was close to being balanced. With the sole purpose of paying down the national debt. I am against any tax increases to fund further spending recklessness.
Real wages in the U.S. have been largely stagnant since the 1970s and there is a widening income gap. Bad times ahead unless we can stop equating a progressive tax system with social engineering.

Back
Top Bottom