Liberal Arts Education.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do what you love, Collapse. If you major in math of finance or engineering or something like that but don't have a passion or aptitude for it, you will probably have trouble getting/keeping a job in that field anyway, and even if you do, you will be miserable.

Well, frankly in my experience anyone with half-decent numerical ability can do a finance job, but really the only jobs (IMO) in finance worth bothering with for anyone with an IQ over 120 and any spark of creativity are trading or fund management. And, not surprisingly, they're the toughest to get into. My degree wasn't even that great (I mean, compared to a Harvard MBA programme, say) and yet most of the stuff I learned I've never had the chance to apply, and I've worked in everything from small to Big 4 accounting practices to banking to public sector.

Can't speak for engineering, but I've read plenty of forums posts elsewhere from dissatisfied and undervalued engineers that want out of their career.

“Actually, all education is self-education. A teacher is only a guide, to point out the way, and no school, no matter how excellent, can give you education. What you receive is like the outlines in a child’s coloring book. You must fill in the colors yourself.”

~Louis L'Amour

Back
Top Bottom