Let's Destroy A Myth About Obama.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I hadn't watched that video you posted, Headache, of the interview from Opening Day. Pretty embarrassing that he pronounced it Cominskey, and also unfortunate the way he answered the favorite White Sox players question. It's clear the man didn't follow the team when he was a kid. I'm guessing he became a fan during the early 90s Ventura/Big Hurt/McDowell era. Which is cool, because those teams were awesome but, yeah, he stumbled badly on that question.

I cringed last year, as well, in a big press conference after Buehrle's perfect game when he mispronounced DeWayne Wise's name. Ouch.

But it did put a smile on my face when he came out at the All-Star game last year rockin a Sox jacket, and when he put on the cap last week. I admire the public displays of affection. I mean, has there been a President in the past so publicly open about their love of a specific team? Wearing caps around all the time, and wearing their stuff when throwing out first pitches, etc.? I honestly don't know, I just don't recall Bush walking out with a Rangers cap on when he threw out first pitches at neutral ballparks.

Anyway, he might not be the most knowledgeable fan in the world but at least he picked the right team to be a kinda fake fan of.

come off it... you know full well that the big O claims to be the hip cool white sox fan for one reason and one reason alone...

hillary-cubs.jpg

I mean, has there been a President in the past so publicly open about their love of a specific team? Wearing caps around all the time, and wearing their stuff when throwing out first pitches, etc.? I honestly don't know, I just don't recall Bush walking out with a Rangers cap on when he threw out first pitches at neutral ballparks.

Well, that's because Bush was a gigantic baseball fan, and there wasn't anyone who didn't know that. Obama has now flubbed multiple baseball moments as you point out, so he needs to do whatever he can, i.e. wear a hat, when and wherever the opportunity arises to avoid looking 100% out of his league, (pardon the pun) which he's near approaching anyway.

More badass Putin.

Putin attaches satellite tag to Arctic polar bear - Environment - Canoe.ca

Wearing a bright red coat and cap, the 57-year-old premier kneeled at the head of a tranquilized polar bear to attach a satellite-tracking collar, then helped elevate the beast for weighing. The images were broadcast nationally.

Putin helped measure the bear and roll it onto its side.

On his departure, he shook its paw and uttered the words: “Be well.”

Back
Top Bottom