Kraft takeover of Cadbury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The British seem absolutely determined to give away all of their industry to foreigners.

Cadbury was always going to be taken over
after Mars took over Wrigley everyone in the industry was waiting for it to happen

now, more interesting is whether Hershey's inabality to act yet again will leave them open to a future Nestle takeover

It is more difficult for foriegn companies to take over German, American and French companies. But the UK government are too spineless to protect our industry. Does Gordan Brown want thousands to be made unemployed? More importantly Cadbury's is one of our last profit making manufacturers.

I hate Hersheys chocolate. It's too sweet.

what do you reckon will be different for Britain after this takeover?
besides a couple of finance jobs disappearing?

No, een! Kraft is shit. Did you SEE what they did to vegemite? They added CHEESE!! For fucks sake. And someone thinks they can manage chocolate??? Kraft are scary. Think of the chocolate, everyone.

you damn foreigners and your misguided views on vegemite!

whittakers is very nice. it used to be sold more freely here years ago, but i haven't seen it except in boxed chocs for a few years.

Kraft owning a chocolate company bothers me just as much as Keebler making saltines and Nestle making bottled water.

Toblerone, Milka and Côte d’Or are all owned by Kraft too
come to think of it, all 3 of those taste a hell of a lot better than Cadbury
then again, my feet taste better than Cadbury :drool:

Try it with garlic butter. It's a whole other, utterly glorious, experience.

Now why didn't they make THAT rather than the iSnack 2.0 shit or whatever it's called now.

Though Marmite will forever be a thousand times superior to Vegemite.

It is more difficult for foriegn companies to take over German, American and French companies. But the UK government are too spineless to protect our industry.

That is not true. First, English firms are all but innocent when it comes to takeovers of foreign companies. And second, within the EU there is no protection from the state, and in the case a state should act as such the company could always go before the European Court of Justice.
It comes with the EUs policy of open, free markets that some companies take over other companies, and if the merger is approved then we have to swallow the pill. Or we need to deviate from our policies.

Back
Top Bottom