KNIFE CRIME up in the U.K.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
6 per cent reported rise. :shrug:

probably a lower rate overall than most countries.

i'd rather give my wallet to a person with a knife, than a person with a gun.

In the UK, disproportionately Afro-Caribbean youths are both prepretators and victims of these crimes, but you won't find that information in the mainstream media, with the possible exception of the Daily Mail.

In the UK, disproportionately Afro-Caribbean youths are both prepretators and victims of these crimes, but you won't find that information in the mainstream media, with the possible exception of the Daily Mail.

Relevant how?

Are most male?

Are most poor?

Are most between a certain age?

You often fixate on race.

just proves my point that you cant stop crime by banning things. they ban knives then baseball bat crime will be up.

you got to go after what causes crime.

if "qualified" people, and you know what i mean by this, were permitted to carry firearms for self defense, these knife crimes wouldnt be going through the roof

and id rather not give my wallet to anyone :D

just proves my point that you cant stop crime by banning things. they ban knives then baseball bat crime will be up.

you got to go after what causes crime.

if "qualified" people, and you know what i mean by this, were permitted to carry firearms for self defense, these knife crimes wouldnt be going through the roof

and id rather not give my wallet to anyone :D

You can't stop crime, but you can lower the deadliness of it.

Certainly the priority should be going after what causes crime, but until you do that it's better to attack things that are the most violent (like guns). Guns have no place in the hands of normal citizens.

would you rather use your gun and shoot someone, perhaps kill them

or give them your wallet?

id only shoot if they were in the process of trying to stab me.

i think if i pulled my piece on a robber with a knife and aimed right at their face, they'd most likely shit themselves and run away.

guns tend to have that effect. you dont even have to pull the trigger and it can stop crime.

either that or id pull by switchblade and say "lets go motherfucker" :lol:

:D Comparing violent gun crime with someone going 10 over the speed limit :D

That's pretty much the type of society that New Labour have created. One where driving 1mph over the speed limit is a big deal but nothing is done about knife crime. I am Irish, not British, but we have the same kind of thing here.

I utterly despise New Labour. I mean that.

What is a normal citizen?

One who respects the law? The Constitution?

One who isn't trained and certified and has no reason to have a gun.

I personally believe guns should be restricted to cops and those with hunting licenses, and that there should be a system of requirements and training before one can obtain a hunting license. Strict limitations on gun ownership.

good thing they banned guns

That only proves that you take away the guns and people will always find some other way to kill you. It'll never stop. I've heard of people beaten to death with bricks, broom handles, hammers, whatever is handy.

edit, just saw this

Oh yeah, forgot the baseball bats! My aunt keeps one behind her door at all times.

One who isn't trained and certified and has no reason to have a gun.

I personally believe guns should be restricted to cops and those with hunting licenses, and that there should be a system of requirements and training before one can obtain a hunting license. Strict limitations on gun ownership.

How about Trap and Skeet? Can we have guns too?

That only proves that you take away the guns and people will always find some other way to kill you. It'll never stop. I've heard of people beaten to death with bricks, broom handles, hammers, whatever is handy.

yes, people in prison even find ways to kill people with plastic spoons.
but how successful are they?

what happens when a couple of prisoners get their hands some of the guard's guns.

how much is the murder rate changed when they get guns?

Back
Top Bottom