Keith Olbermann - Special Comment - Thursday 6/12 - Subject: "It's not too important" - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-12-2008, 03:07 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,286
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Keith Olbermann - Special Comment - Thursday 6/12 - Subject: "It's not too important"

He said the following on today/yesterday's 'Countdown':

"Tomorrow night here on Countdown a special comment: rescuing our family and friends from Iraq. It's Not. That. Important. It's not that important if you are tone deaf to the will of this nation."

He's going to rip McCain a new one for responding to a question about if/when the troops should come home by saying "it's not too important".

Tune in tonight, 6/12. Should be good
__________________

__________________
namkcuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,286
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Starts in 40 minutes...
__________________

__________________
namkcuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 01:34 PM
39
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:08 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,286
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Powerful as always, albeit somewhat toned down from the last couple.

That 'You sold them out' part in the middle was especially effective.

He made the right choice in making this more sorrowful than angry.
__________________
namkcuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier
 
MsPurrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Heartland (Indiana, USA)
Posts: 42,640
Local Time: 04:34 PM
I actually applauded when he was finished. Too bad that people who *should* hear that never will!
__________________
MsPurrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 09:34 PM
I think he should stick to sports.
__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 04:34 PM
I guess he's in some sort of running "feud" with the NY Post. They wrote this about him in Page Six today. If this is true well he really is an ass

June 25, 2008 --

MSNBC blowhard Keith Olbermann couldn't even control his temper at a memorial reception for beloved Tim Russert.

Network sources told Page Six Olbermann was furious last week when MSNBC didn't get him a first-class ticket to Washington, DC, for a private service honoring the "Meet the Press" anchor's passing.

The source said Olbermann was screaming into the phone on Tuesday because there were no first-class train tickets available for that day, and he wanted to make sure he would ride first-class on Wednesday. According to the source, Olbermann berated a staffer who was coordinating Wednesday's Kennedy Center memorial by yelling, "You better hope to God there is a first-class train ticket tomorrow."

Our insider elaborated, "MSNBC was dealing with who could come to the private ceremony Tuesday and who couldn't, among the hundreds of people who worked with or for Russert - and Keith was ranting about not getting a first-class ticket."

We're told Olbermann didn't get to Tuesday's ceremony, and went to Washington by car to broadcast from outside the Kennedy Center the next day. An aghast witness there said, "As guests were making their way into the memorial, Keith went apoplectic because there were no ketchup packets at the Kennedy Center."

Olbermann was heard saying outside the service, "this place is going to hell," because his Washington staff couldn't find ketchup packets for lunch at the Center. An NBC insider claimed, however, "Keith did not have lunch at the Kennedy Center and was not eating on the set because he was anchoring a broadcast."

A rep for Olbermann snapped: "Since whatever you're going to print is an outright lie, you can go ahead and write whatever you want. That's on the record and applies to all future items you might make up."


He should do a special comment about ketchup packets
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,472
Local Time: 04:34 PM
^ sounds like a diva, but i'm happy he took the train. Acela is the way to go.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 04:34 PM
I've never been on an Acela, hopefully I can before I die. I will demand ketchup packets too, lots of them.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,472
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I've never been on an Acela, hopefully I can before I die. I will demand ketchup packets too, lots of them.


Acela is amazing. it's almost as good as an average French or German train.

truly a remarkable accomplishment for a country that can pour $100bn a year into Iraq for the next 100 years, but can't seem to find a way to fully connect the densely populated northeastern corridor nor find ways to put high speed trains between thuddingly obvious routes -- Seattle-Portland, Detroit-Chicago, Dallas-Houston -- that would provide real and appealing alternatives to driving or air travel. and right now, supply is so low that Acela prices are insane (over $200 to go roundtrip DC to NYC).

so that's my sermon for the day.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,615
Local Time: 10:34 PM
Almost as good as an average German train? Gosh, trains in the US must be horrible.
__________________
Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,249
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I guess he's in some sort of running "feud" with the NY Post. They wrote this about him in Page Six today. If this is true well he really is an ass

June 25, 2008 --

MSNBC blowhard Keith Olbermann couldn't even control his temper at a memorial reception for beloved Tim Russert.

Network sources told Page Six Olbermann was furious last week when MSNBC didn't get him a first-class ticket to Washington, DC, for a private service honoring the "Meet the Press" anchor's passing.

The source said Olbermann was screaming into the phone on Tuesday because there were no first-class train tickets available for that day, and he wanted to make sure he would ride first-class on Wednesday. According to the source, Olbermann berated a staffer who was coordinating Wednesday's Kennedy Center memorial by yelling, "You better hope to God there is a first-class train ticket tomorrow."

Our insider elaborated, "MSNBC was dealing with who could come to the private ceremony Tuesday and who couldn't, among the hundreds of people who worked with or for Russert - and Keith was ranting about not getting a first-class ticket."

We're told Olbermann didn't get to Tuesday's ceremony, and went to Washington by car to broadcast from outside the Kennedy Center the next day. An aghast witness there said, "As guests were making their way into the memorial, Keith went apoplectic because there were no ketchup packets at the Kennedy Center."

Olbermann was heard saying outside the service, "this place is going to hell," because his Washington staff couldn't find ketchup packets for lunch at the Center. An NBC insider claimed, however, "Keith did not have lunch at the Kennedy Center and was not eating on the set because he was anchoring a broadcast."

A rep for Olbermann snapped: "Since whatever you're going to print is an outright lie, you can go ahead and write whatever you want. That's on the record and applies to all future items you might make up."


He should do a special comment about ketchup packets

That guy is despicable. I don't even have words.

Here's video of Fox and Friends talking about him:

Olbermann Watch - MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann: links for 2008-06-25
__________________
2861U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,249
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
"Since whatever you're going to print is an outright lie, you can go ahead and write whatever you want. "
I'm pretty sure this is Olbermann's motto, actually.
__________________
2861U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 03:34 PM
There's no question Olbermann is a self-important blowhard.

Not sure having 3 people sitting around on air laughing at and gossiping about him is much better or preferable, though.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:29 PM   #15
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,649
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
There's no question Olbermann is a self-important blowhard.

Not sure having 3 people sitting around on air laughing at and gossiping about him is much better or preferable, though.

__________________

__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com