Keith Olbermann - Special Comment - Thursday 6/12 - Subject: "It's not too important" - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2008, 03:07 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:34 PM
Keith Olbermann - Special Comment - Thursday 6/12 - Subject: "It's not too important"

He said the following on today/yesterday's 'Countdown':

"Tomorrow night here on Countdown a special comment: rescuing our family and friends from Iraq. It's Not. That. Important. It's not that important if you are tone deaf to the will of this nation."

He's going to rip McCain a new one for responding to a question about if/when the troops should come home by saying "it's not too important".

Tune in tonight, 6/12. Should be good

Old 06-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Starts in 40 minutes...

Old 06-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:34 PM
Old 06-12-2008, 09:08 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Powerful as always, albeit somewhat toned down from the last couple.

That 'You sold them out' part in the middle was especially effective.

He made the right choice in making this more sorrowful than angry.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

I actually applauded when he was finished. Too bad that people who *should* hear that never will!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 09:34 PM
I think he should stick to sports.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

I guess he's in some sort of running "feud" with the NY Post. They wrote this about him in Page Six today. If this is true well he really is an ass

June 25, 2008 --

MSNBC blowhard Keith Olbermann couldn't even control his temper at a memorial reception for beloved Tim Russert.

Network sources told Page Six Olbermann was furious last week when MSNBC didn't get him a first-class ticket to Washington, DC, for a private service honoring the "Meet the Press" anchor's passing.

The source said Olbermann was screaming into the phone on Tuesday because there were no first-class train tickets available for that day, and he wanted to make sure he would ride first-class on Wednesday. According to the source, Olbermann berated a staffer who was coordinating Wednesday's Kennedy Center memorial by yelling, "You better hope to God there is a first-class train ticket tomorrow."

Our insider elaborated, "MSNBC was dealing with who could come to the private ceremony Tuesday and who couldn't, among the hundreds of people who worked with or for Russert - and Keith was ranting about not getting a first-class ticket."

We're told Olbermann didn't get to Tuesday's ceremony, and went to Washington by car to broadcast from outside the Kennedy Center the next day. An aghast witness there said, "As guests were making their way into the memorial, Keith went apoplectic because there were no ketchup packets at the Kennedy Center."

Olbermann was heard saying outside the service, "this place is going to hell," because his Washington staff couldn't find ketchup packets for lunch at the Center. An NBC insider claimed, however, "Keith did not have lunch at the Kennedy Center and was not eating on the set because he was anchoring a broadcast."

A rep for Olbermann snapped: "Since whatever you're going to print is an outright lie, you can go ahead and write whatever you want. That's on the record and applies to all future items you might make up."

He should do a special comment about ketchup packets
Old 06-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier

^ sounds like a diva, but i'm happy he took the train. Acela is the way to go.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

I've never been on an Acela, hopefully I can before I die. I will demand ketchup packets too, lots of them.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I've never been on an Acela, hopefully I can before I die. I will demand ketchup packets too, lots of them.

Acela is amazing. it's almost as good as an average French or German train.

truly a remarkable accomplishment for a country that can pour $100bn a year into Iraq for the next 100 years, but can't seem to find a way to fully connect the densely populated northeastern corridor nor find ways to put high speed trains between thuddingly obvious routes -- Seattle-Portland, Detroit-Chicago, Dallas-Houston -- that would provide real and appealing alternatives to driving or air travel. and right now, supply is so low that Acela prices are insane (over $200 to go roundtrip DC to NYC).

so that's my sermon for the day.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:34 PM
Almost as good as an average German train? Gosh, trains in the US must be horrible.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I guess he's in some sort of running "feud" with the NY Post. They wrote this about him in Page Six today. If this is true well he really is an ass

June 25, 2008 --

MSNBC blowhard Keith Olbermann couldn't even control his temper at a memorial reception for beloved Tim Russert.

Network sources told Page Six Olbermann was furious last week when MSNBC didn't get him a first-class ticket to Washington, DC, for a private service honoring the "Meet the Press" anchor's passing.

The source said Olbermann was screaming into the phone on Tuesday because there were no first-class train tickets available for that day, and he wanted to make sure he would ride first-class on Wednesday. According to the source, Olbermann berated a staffer who was coordinating Wednesday's Kennedy Center memorial by yelling, "You better hope to God there is a first-class train ticket tomorrow."

Our insider elaborated, "MSNBC was dealing with who could come to the private ceremony Tuesday and who couldn't, among the hundreds of people who worked with or for Russert - and Keith was ranting about not getting a first-class ticket."

We're told Olbermann didn't get to Tuesday's ceremony, and went to Washington by car to broadcast from outside the Kennedy Center the next day. An aghast witness there said, "As guests were making their way into the memorial, Keith went apoplectic because there were no ketchup packets at the Kennedy Center."

Olbermann was heard saying outside the service, "this place is going to hell," because his Washington staff couldn't find ketchup packets for lunch at the Center. An NBC insider claimed, however, "Keith did not have lunch at the Kennedy Center and was not eating on the set because he was anchoring a broadcast."

A rep for Olbermann snapped: "Since whatever you're going to print is an outright lie, you can go ahead and write whatever you want. That's on the record and applies to all future items you might make up."

He should do a special comment about ketchup packets

That guy is despicable. I don't even have words.

Here's video of Fox and Friends talking about him:

Olbermann Watch - MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann: links for 2008-06-25
Old 06-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
"Since whatever you're going to print is an outright lie, you can go ahead and write whatever you want. "
I'm pretty sure this is Olbermann's motto, actually.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:34 PM
There's no question Olbermann is a self-important blowhard.

Not sure having 3 people sitting around on air laughing at and gossiping about him is much better or preferable, though.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:29 PM   #15
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
There's no question Olbermann is a self-important blowhard.

Not sure having 3 people sitting around on air laughing at and gossiping about him is much better or preferable, though.