Keith Olbermann - Special Comment - Thursday 6/12 - Subject: "It's not too important"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Keith Olbermann - Special Comment - Thursday 6/12 - Subject: "It's not too important"

He said the following on today/yesterday's 'Countdown':

"Tomorrow night here on Countdown a special comment: rescuing our family and friends from Iraq. It's Not. That. Important. It's not that important if you are tone deaf to the will of this nation."

He's going to rip McCain a new one for responding to a question about if/when the troops should come home by saying "it's not too important".

Tune in tonight, 6/12. Should be good :wink:

Powerful as always, albeit somewhat toned down from the last couple.

That 'You sold them out' part in the middle was especially effective.

He made the right choice in making this more sorrowful than angry.

I guess he's in some sort of running "feud" with the NY Post. They wrote this about him in Page Six today. If this is true well he really is an ass :|

June 25, 2008 --

MSNBC blowhard Keith Olbermann couldn't even control his temper at a memorial reception for beloved Tim Russert.

Network sources told Page Six Olbermann was furious last week when MSNBC didn't get him a first-class ticket to Washington, DC, for a private service honoring the "Meet the Press" anchor's passing.

The source said Olbermann was screaming into the phone on Tuesday because there were no first-class train tickets available for that day, and he wanted to make sure he would ride first-class on Wednesday. According to the source, Olbermann berated a staffer who was coordinating Wednesday's Kennedy Center memorial by yelling, "You better hope to God there is a first-class train ticket tomorrow."

Our insider elaborated, "MSNBC was dealing with who could come to the private ceremony Tuesday and who couldn't, among the hundreds of people who worked with or for Russert - and Keith was ranting about not getting a first-class ticket."

We're told Olbermann didn't get to Tuesday's ceremony, and went to Washington by car to broadcast from outside the Kennedy Center the next day. An aghast witness there said, "As guests were making their way into the memorial, Keith went apoplectic because there were no ketchup packets at the Kennedy Center."

Olbermann was heard saying outside the service, "this place is going to hell," because his Washington staff couldn't find ketchup packets for lunch at the Center. An NBC insider claimed, however, "Keith did not have lunch at the Kennedy Center and was not eating on the set because he was anchoring a broadcast."

A rep for Olbermann snapped: "Since whatever you're going to print is an outright lie, you can go ahead and write whatever you want. That's on the record and applies to all future items you might make up."

He should do a special comment about ketchup packets :lol:

I've never been on an Acela, hopefully I can before I die. I will demand ketchup packets too, lots of them.

Acela is amazing. it's almost as good as an average French or German train.

truly a remarkable accomplishment for a country that can pour $100bn a year into Iraq for the next 100 years, but can't seem to find a way to fully connect the densely populated northeastern corridor nor find ways to put high speed trains between thuddingly obvious routes -- Seattle-Portland, Detroit-Chicago, Dallas-Houston -- that would provide real and appealing alternatives to driving or air travel. and right now, supply is so low that Acela prices are insane (over $200 to go roundtrip DC to NYC).

so that's my sermon for the day.

Almost as good as an average German train? Gosh, trains in the US must be horrible. :wink:

I guess he's in some sort of running "feud" with the NY Post. They wrote this about him in Page Six today. If this is true well he really is an ass :|

June 25, 2008 --

MSNBC blowhard Keith Olbermann couldn't even control his temper at a memorial reception for beloved Tim Russert.

Network sources told Page Six Olbermann was furious last week when MSNBC didn't get him a first-class ticket to Washington, DC, for a private service honoring the "Meet the Press" anchor's passing.

The source said Olbermann was screaming into the phone on Tuesday because there were no first-class train tickets available for that day, and he wanted to make sure he would ride first-class on Wednesday. According to the source, Olbermann berated a staffer who was coordinating Wednesday's Kennedy Center memorial by yelling, "You better hope to God there is a first-class train ticket tomorrow."

Our insider elaborated, "MSNBC was dealing with who could come to the private ceremony Tuesday and who couldn't, among the hundreds of people who worked with or for Russert - and Keith was ranting about not getting a first-class ticket."

We're told Olbermann didn't get to Tuesday's ceremony, and went to Washington by car to broadcast from outside the Kennedy Center the next day. An aghast witness there said, "As guests were making their way into the memorial, Keith went apoplectic because there were no ketchup packets at the Kennedy Center."

Olbermann was heard saying outside the service, "this place is going to hell," because his Washington staff couldn't find ketchup packets for lunch at the Center. An NBC insider claimed, however, "Keith did not have lunch at the Kennedy Center and was not eating on the set because he was anchoring a broadcast."

A rep for Olbermann snapped: "Since whatever you're going to print is an outright lie, you can go ahead and write whatever you want. That's on the record and applies to all future items you might make up."

He should do a special comment about ketchup packets :lol:

That guy is despicable. I don't even have words.

Here's video of Fox and Friends talking about him:

Olbermann Watch - MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann: links for 2008-06-25

There's no question Olbermann is a self-important blowhard.

Not sure having 3 people sitting around on air laughing at and gossiping about him is much better or preferable, though.

The only reason Fox is saying anything about him is the never ending Fox/NBC (MSNBC) on-air feud. It's pathetic the way O'Reilly and Olbermann go after each other on their shows. It's so childish and boring-and very strange.

Keith has disputed that New York Post item. The Murdock Empire is going to do everything in their power to destroy him.

Keith Olbermann speaks for me. He is the closest thing we have to an Edward R. Murrow, which we desperately need now.

Yeah, there are also the stories about Bono spending $7,000 to have a left-behind pair of sunglasses shipped to him. We all believe that to be true. :huh:

Have you seen his show? Have you seen the type of person he is and the type of person he thinks he is? I don't doubt for a second that it's true, especially considering even the Huffington Post is reporting it, which never says anything bad about liberals or NBC.

Have you seen his show? Have you seen the type of person he is and the type of person he thinks he is? I don't doubt for a second that it's true,

Be careful, if you use this kind of no doubt logic based on the type of person he is on TV you're gonna have to apply the same logic with some of your heroes...

especially considering even the Huffington Post is reporting it, which never says anything bad about liberals or NBC.

The Huffington Post just reported what Page Six said, which is nothing but a gossip page.

That being said, I could care less Olbermann and O'Reiley are cut of the same cloth, just different sides of the aisle.

Keith Olbermann speaks for me. He is the closest thing we have to an Edward R. Murrow, which we desperately need now.

Olbermann isn't an eighth the journalist Murrow was, and to mention Olbermann in the same breath as Murrow cheapens Murrow's legacy, but... you unfortunately may be right. Such is the state of tv journalism these days...

10/06/08

Disjointed even by Olbermann standards.

Something about a 90 year-old women (who has lived in the same modest house for 38 years and IS STILL PAYING OFF THE MORTGAGE), a witch and an Alaskan secessionist (who died in 1993).

Anyone have a clue?

No. Getting a clue would require me to watch said Olbermann clip, and I've had enough of blowhards who are far too pleased with themselves lately. ;)

I still think Keith Olbermann is terrific. He seems to be turning off a lot of people these days though, even people who basically share his political views.

Diemen, Murrow is a hero of mine, and I still think Keith is the closest thing we have to him these days.

Lord, why are there so many CONSERVATIVES on this website????

*runs back to Daily Kos*

Back
Top Bottom