John Edwards Love Child Scandal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, exactly.

I'm not supposed to feel disgusted when a man cheats on his wife - his very ill wife?

:sigh:
How utterly disappointing. My heart goes out to Elizabeth and the kids.

I suggest you keep it.

There are some organs you can donate (or parts ) while still alive,
your heart is not one.

As for Liz and the kids. I am sure this is not news to them.

Perhaps a 'brain' or 'consciousness' donation to the blood thirsty hounds that have pursued this to this point would be of more benefit.

Our European cousins and the French in particular know how to deal with these rather boring stories.

As for Liz and the kids. I am sure this is not news to them.

Right. This isn't like the Spitzer story. The article says his family has known since 2006. Still, it's too bad to see yet another politician go down like this.

Calling him a pig?
Leads me to believe she is taking this personal. :shrug:

What's wrong with that?

Here is a man who has a wife with cancer, and he cheats on her? Doesn't that come across as incredibly selfish to you?
As a woman, I feel let down by men. I've heard its common for husbands to cheat on their wives who have cancer. All this year, there have been stories of men cheating (Spitzer, Lanza). It makes you wonder if men are capable of keeping their pants zipped and thinking with the head on their shoudlers.

Our European cousins and the French in particular know how to deal with these rather boring stories.

:eyebrow:

What's wrong with that?

Here is a man who has a wife with cancer, and he cheats on her? Doesn't that come across as incredibly selfish to you?
As a woman, I feel let down by men. I've heard its common for husbands to cheat on their wives who have cancer. All this year, there have been stories of men cheating (Spitzer, Lanza). It makes you wonder if men are capable of keeping their pants zipped and thinking with the head on their shoudlers.

Well, that's quite a stretch to make it a general thing about men only because there are some that get media attention for various reasons.

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me for having sympathy for a woman many of us admire. :|

I have tremendous sympathy for all parties involved.

But, lets get a reality check here

and not paint our own little story of when events happened and when people became aware of them, and how they feel, all based on own own projections and maybe even our own relationships, past and present.

Do you feel pleasure when he makes love to her?

Uh, no.

Why are you putting yourself into their relationship?

I am not. I was hoping this wasn't true. As I said, I am seriously annoyed that a man with an ill wife has done something so selfish. What is wrong to having normal reaction to that? I'm sorry if I am sensitive, but I am sure there are plenty of people are upset now. Sorry for some Americans not being like the French and other Europeans

What's wrong with that?

By your own writing you are projecting yourself into all these relationships?
and making it personal, now you wonder if men are capable?

A life lesson, I learned is that my romantic relationships have worked much better when I focused on two people only, myself and my girlfriend.

I can't speak for what Edwards did or be accountable for it.
I want to be accountable for my own behavior and am willing to answer for it.

Right. This isn't like the Spitzer story. The article says his family has known since 2006. Still, it's too bad to see yet another politician go down like this.

Although apparently she did not know that he went to visit this woman last week. I can't imagine finding out in the media is really pleasant.

You never really know what's going on in other people's marriages - and it probably isn't any of your business anyway. But I still feel bad, mostly for the kids, because they will have to live with the comments and whatever the longer this lingers in the public eye. And kids never quite process things the same way as adults do. So even if the family knew about it, the aftermath of it becoming public is nasty for all of them.

By your own writing you are projecting yourself into all these relationships?
and making it personal, now you wonder if men are capable?

A life lesson, I learned is that my romantic relationships have worked much better when I focused on two people only, myself and my girlfriend.

I can't speak for what Edwards did or be accountable for it.
I want to be accountable for my own behavior and am willing to answer for it.

Maybe you are the exception, but a lot of people are affected by other's behavior. It's the point of being part of the human race - everyone is connected, and with the media and Internet around, more get affected by other people's behavior. Since you claim you only focus on yourself and girlfriend, congratulations.

As for wondering of all men are capable of cheating on their wives, I can't think of a woman who doesn't think that way.

It's sad for everyone. That said, who is this film lady? An affair with Edwards and then an aid who maybe fathered the baby? Seriously?

To be generous about it, yes the severe illness of one spouse (or a child) is often a cause of marital trouble, which can include affairs leading up to the eventual breakup (or not). Romance-novel stereotypes about the tenderness of nursing someone back to health injecting new life into a relationship are wildly unrealistic, and I think most anyone who's been in a longterm relationship need only spend a few seconds imagining themselves in that situation to grasp that in reality they'd just as often feel isolated, needy, resentful, and afraid as they would concerned, guilty, devoted, and supportive. However, there's also something to be said for pointing out the extreme selfishness of even taking a chance on publically humiliating and privately hurting someone whose ability to hold their own is at its lowest ebb.

Like Sean said earlier--I'll bet he's glad he's not running for president right now. Professionally relevant or not, the publicity would have killed his candidacy immediately.

Yes I'd say extreme selfishness is a fair suggestion. I'm not going to say anything else, because well it's obvious why..given what has already gone on here

And a couple of days ago he was still saying it was tabloid nonsense :cute:

well i guess when you have someone vehemently deny something, and then finally come out and say 'oh actually its the truth' it does actually become news. Do i care that he had an affair? not really it seems to be super common these days :shrug: but it does annoy me when things are said, and then denied denied denied and THEN said 'ok yes' well, why continue the lie?

Also didn't he say that he had the affair BEFORE his wife had cancer? i think its even worse!

t1home.edwards.split.gi.jpg

Isn't that a flattering picture?

Back
Top Bottom