John Edwards Love Child Scandal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John Edwards has never been anything but a slippery scumbag.

After he was VP candidate in 2004, he expected royal, ass kissing treatment from everyone he encountered. I met him once in person, and he was a total asshole.

John Kerry made a major mistake by picking him. This was his biggest regret re:the 2004 race. He should have picked Bob Graham, former Governor and Senator from Florida. Edwards was picked because of image and image only, he was horrible on the issues and was no better in 2008. He started out as a moderate Democrat and then tried to convince everyone he was an economic populist in 2008. How did he do this? He wore jeans. Great. That really helps.

Clinton was wrong and should have admitted it earlier, but at least he didn't impregnate anyone when he already had a child of his own, and at least Hillary was not terminally ill. The only place this should matter is in the court of public opinion, Clinton should not have been impeached. Edwards does alot worse than Clinton here, as he will never get elected to anything again, even dog catcher. Clinton would have been re elected had he been able to run in 2000.

You don't have an affair anyway, but you certainly don't do it when your wife is suffering through a terminal illness and still working her ass off for you. Scumbag.

At least this guy's career is over, and my conscience is clear as I never liked or voted for the guy in the first place.

Finally sends her husband packing

peoplecover_205x273.jpg

she looks like a "nice girl".

here's another pic

rielle-hunter03.jpg

A man's shirt?

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Edwards has long since gotten out of a small North Carolina town cerca 1983, i.e. the only place and time this woman would seem appealing! With all of the drop dead gorgeous young women in DC and every other hall of power Edwards has been in, he ruins his marriage and career over her??

Not defending adultery in any case, especially when one's spouse is terminally ill, but still, wouldn't he be able to have his pick of women?

I don't think her looks are the point or relevant at all to his cheating. It reminds me of all the comments about Tiger's mistresses (gee his wife is so beautiful and how could he-well she certainly is but that's not the point. Somehow there's an implication that less beautiful wives, well it's more understandable/acceptable) or that woman that Steve Phillips was involved with. As if cheating with a beautiful woman is somehow more understandable and/or acceptable.

Yes I used to think he was attractive-but now, with all that has been revealed about him I don't at all. Actually he's repulsive to me, including physically repulsive. Physical attractiveness is about character too-and to me his is severely lacking/nonexistent.

The pictures were taken by Mark Seliger-that's why they don't look like other photos of her. Plus airbrushing and all that.

She can't honestly think anyone would believe that she thought they would be headshots and that they somehow tricked her-when she was dressed like that? Why would they have her dressed like that and only show her face? She even posed with her daughter on a bed in one of them, with her stomach all exposed. Ugh.

I like how she is upset about these photos and acting like she had no idea these would be used! :der:

abcnews.com

The claim by John Edwards' mistress Rielle Hunter that she thought sexy, pantless photographs on a bed were going to simply be portraits of her face were met with disbelief today.

"Did she say she thought they would be headshots?" GQ reporter Lisa DePaulo asked incredulously on "Good Morning America."

"Rielle is a smart woman. She knows what she wore and what she was doing in the photo shoot," DePaulo said.

Hunter, a one-time videographer for Edwards' presidential campaign, posed for the pictures wearing only a man's button down white shirt, a string of pearls and panties. In some of the photos she is posed on a bed with stuffed animals piled around her. Her panties are peeking out in one frame.

A teary Hunter told ABC News' Barbara Walters she found the pictures "repulsive" and thought all but one would be headshots, Walters said.

But GQ released a video of the shoot to "GMA" today and at one point the videographer asks Hunter, "You want to take a look at this?"

The claim by John Edwards' mistress Rielle Hunter that she thought sexy, pantless photographs on a bed were going to simply be portraits of her face were met with disbelief today.

Translation: Her claims were met with a resounding cry of "bitch, please!"

Gosh, yeah, I hate it when I pose for sexy, pant-less pictures and they end up getting published :( I found a way to get around it, though. I don't pose for pant-less pictures :up:

Believe it or not, with the little I know about the situation, right now I suspect that she may have been set up by GQ. They want to sell magazines. They are experts at making women look good when they want to. Very good. I think they deliberately made her look bad. Very bad. They know people love to hate her, and I think they thought they could generate some really negative-hating buzz with these "outtake" photos.

I don't completely discount her version of the story as I understand it. I think she believes she was doing a legitimate story where she would come across very differently. It is not impossible that she really did think that the photos would be much more discreet. So why isn't she wearing pants? I don't know. But I do know that many people will do anything a photographer tells them to do. I can envision the photographer telling her that wearing pants won't let her sit the way she needs to, and will mess up the shirt, and that the photos won't depict that part of her body anyway. She may have trusted the professional photographer, but got ambushed later. If that is true, then the photos that she thought were being taken would have shown a rather conservative and matronly woman (wearing pearls, a conservative shirt, sitting among her child's toys).

Or, she might really be that crazy or calculating, and I might be very naiive. I'm going to regret sticking my neck out on this one.

Last edited:
I don't completely discount her version of the story as I understand it. I think she believes she was doing a legitimate story where she would come across very differently. It is not impossible that she really did think that the photos would be much more discreet. So why isn't she wearing pants? I don't know. But I do know that many people will do anything a photographer tells them to do. I can envision the photographer telling her that wearing pants won't let her sit the way she needs to, and will mess up the shirt, and that the photos won't depict that part of her body anyway. She may have trusted the professional photographer, but got ambushed later. If that is true, then the photos that she thought were being taken would have shown a rather conservative and matronly woman (wearing pearls, a conservative shirt, sitting among her child's toys).

Wait, what? She thought she'd be taking chaste, matronly pictures and somehow got conned into taking her pants off?

You're envisioning an awfully gullible (and frankly, not very bright) person, apparently.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom