John Edwards Love Child Scandal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can tell someone is full of shit the first time you see them? Even before they speak?

well i just got one of those gut feelings by looking at his phony smiles. and the fact that he is a politician. :lol:

my gut feeling was confirmed when i saw pictures of his mansion/warehouse/bigger than the st thomas airport home, and also when this scandal came out

well i just got one of those gut feelings by looking at his phony smiles. and the fact that he is a politician. :lol:

my gut feeling was confirmed when i saw pictures of his mansion/warehouse/bigger than the st thomas airport home, and also when this scandal came out

Well I guess you won't be checking out the John Edwards hot pic thread.. (let's just pretend that never existed :shifty:)

Yeah he wasn't exactly living like Justice Souter..but I also don't think the size of his house precludes him from honestly caring about poverty. Besides, the Edge makes him look like a pauper..he pwns Edwards' house.

Well it appears he might admit to the paternity

That Andrew Young has a book proposal in which he says that Edwards knew all along that he was the baby's father (which was rather obvious) and he also claims that Edwards told Hunter he would marry her after Elizabeth died-in a rooftop ceremony in NYC w/ the Dave Matthews band providing the entertainment. Personally if someone cheated on me while I had cancer and then fathered a baby-well that's bad enough. But if I found out that he said something like that, well that would definitely make me head off as fast as possible to the divorce lawyer. There's just something about that statement that cuts like a knife. Would hurt me to the deepest depths of possible hurt.

RALEIGH, N.C. -Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards finally admitted Thursday he fathered a child during an affair before his second White House bid, dropping long-standing denials just ahead of a book by a former campaign aide who initially took the fall.
Edwards released a statement admitting paternity of the girl, Frances Quinn Hunter, who was born in 2008 to videographer Rielle Hunter as the result of an affair Edwards has already confessed to.
"It was wrong for me to ever deny she was my daughter," Edwards said, adding he was providing financial support for the child and mother. "I am Quinn's father."
Edwards adamantly denied during an interview with ABC News last summer that he had fathered a child with Hunter, and he welcomed a paternity test. He said then that the affair had ended in 2006. That year, Edwards' political action committee had paid Hunter's video production firm $100,000 for work.
Exactly how could Sarah Palin be a bigger train wreck than this guy who was on the 2004 Democratic ticket?

John Edwards: Okay, I fathered that child.

Everybody Else: Yeah, tell us something we don't know.

I don't know why you're comparing him to Palin. Just because Palin is a train wreck doesn't mean that nobody else can be a train wreck, too.

Exactly how could Sarah Palin be a bigger train wreck than this guy who was on the 2004 Democratic ticket?

because she's a deluded, pathological liar with a 5th grader's grasp on history and a keen sense of how to whip up white anger at shadowy "not real Americans" and was selected to be the heir to the presidency by a 70-something cancer survivor?

and she's making a shit ton of money off you folks.

And you many of you don't see the difference form Edwards being morally bankrupt and flat out lying to the American people

and Sarah being not just smart enough for some, was her Govenorship of Alaska a complete disaster? are they bankrupt?

The common denominator may be lies about paternity.

Edwards told flat out lies about his baby

And flat out lies were told about Palin's baby, not by her, but her detractors, she was the victim.

And you many of you don't see the difference form Edwards being morally bankrupt and flat out lying to the American people

and Sarah being not just smart enough for some, was her Govenorship of Alaska a complete disaster? are they bankrupt?

And flat out lies were told about Palin's baby, not by her, but her detractors, she was the victim.

Edwards is a morally bankrupt scumbag who has done deplorable things in his personal life (and this is coming from someone who generally doesn't think that the extracurricular sex lives of politicians should be of any concern to the public - although I do find it mockworthy when they're politicians of the family values ilk), but one who knows and understand politics, history, world geopolitics, etc.

On the other hand, Sarah Palin is just an idiot, manipulative, vengeful and divisive, for the many reasons stated already.

I'm not responsible for the speculations of bloggers, or what they say about her, much of which quickly died down, I might add, except for the most conspiracy theory-minded among them, and of those, who is even listening to them, anyway?

If forced to choose, IMO, she's far more offensive politically than he is.

I think more presidential candidates should be lifelong bachelors and/or spinsters (no, not the nicest appelation, but my meaning should be clear).

That would clear up a lot of the fuss.

Who really has time for family anyway, in that job. There really ought to be a co-presidency like they did with the rule of ancient Rome... anything up to four, maybe five office holders dedicated to varying aspects ceremonial, military and domestic.

I'm not responsible for the speculations of bloggers, or what they say about her, much of which quickly died down, I might add, except for the most conspiracy theory-minded among them, and of those, who is even listening to them, anyway?

and the Right would have us believe that Poor Sarah was "attacked" by EVERYONE ON THE LEFT when it was an anonymous post at Daily Kos and Andrew Sullivan.

i guess that's EVERYONE ON THE LEFT.

because if there's one thing that Republicans can't stand, it's a victim mentality.

well said deep.

hey who was that girl that used to always post here about john edwards? u2democrat, or something?

man she was creepy. flat out obsessed with this guy.

John Edwards Sex Tape with Rielle Hunter Alleged in Andrew Young Book
Emily Miller

Let's face it, Young has lied before: He previously claimed paternity of Edwards' daughter with Hunter, and if we believe him now, was willing to drive his own life over a cliff to cover up for his boss. But he now insists that he became disillusioned when he discovered the sex tape in 2007...in his friend Hunter's home. (Gee, was it hidden on the coffee table, along with an open box of chocolates?) Doubtless the motivation of a book contract had nothing to do with Young's disillusionment...but he's threatening to reveal more gory details of Edwards and Hunter's affair in his new book, The Politician, which will be released February 2. Oh, and those who do not want to hear another word about the contents of the (purported?) sex tape should NOT tune in for his interview Friday on ABC's 20/20.

Hunter was paid by the Edwards presidential campaign to make videos of the candidate, but no one suspected she was making one of them having sex. The tape reportedly shows Hunter "behind the camera at first" and then the two of them engaging in "several sex acts." The New York Daily News reported last June that Young's book proposal mentioned a sex tape, as did the National Enquirer in July.

One of Gawker's sources said Young saw the sex tape as "kind of the last straw for people who had sacrificed savings and jobs to lie for John."
Not gonna be on my Netflix queue but I imagine some of you might enjoy seeing the one-time-star of the Democratic party in action.

I think more presidential candidates should be lifelong bachelors and/or spinsters (no, not the nicest appelation, but my meaning should be clear).

That would clear up a lot of the fuss.

Yes, but in this accursed age such candidates would automatically be tarred with speculation about whether they were gay or not and it would become the big story. A candidate who genuinely had no interest in marrying, and was not gay either, would probably have to invent a string of affairs to make themselves more attractive to the media spin doctors.

Significantly, it was only after Ted Heath (former UK PM) died that it was implied that he was a homosexual - no-one was particularly troubled by the fact that he never married when he actually was the Prime Minister back in the 1970s.

I was just thinking of Ted Heath when you said that.

It's true, the tutt-tutters and the chin-strokers would have a field day. Gotta have the waving couple up on stage, even if it's only for show.

I'm going to be a lifelong bachelor, but I'm hardly the political type. No one wants to vote for someone who thinks we're all fucked.

As far as Edwards is concerned, everyone dislikes him now that the word is out on him. But with Palin, the word is out on her, and Republicans still think she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. So, score one for the Democrats. And I hate the Democrats.

Back
Top Bottom