John Edwards Love Child Scandal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't see those two ever divorcing, even if they were the unhappiest people on the planet. I also don't care one bit about what they do in their private lives.

^Gee what a shock that Ann chimed in

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/john_edwards_hush_money_to_mistress/celebrity/65226

A NATIONAL ENQUIRER investigation has uncovered John Edwards’ mistress, Rielle Hunter – the mother of his “love child” – has been secretly receiving $15,000 a month as part of an elaborate cover-up orchestrated by the former presidential contender.

The money is being funneled to Hunter by a wealthy colleague who was closely tied to the Edwards’ campaign. This same man is also shoveling cash to Edwards’ pal and former aide Andrew Young – who tried to take the heat off the ex-Senator by claiming he is the father of Rielle’s baby.

And The ENQUIRER is also exclusively revealing that Rielle’s baby is a girl named Frances Quinn Hunter and was born at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital.

“A super-rich pal – who was closely involved with the campaign finances – is helping John. It’s likely this man doesn’t know all the dirty details of John’s extramarital affair, but is acting out of loyalty and is not asking a lot of questions – only writing the checks,” revealed a source very close to the situation.

As a former, and very vocal, Edwards supporter, I am sick over this. The Enquirer is all lawyered up and articles that have been denied in the past often turn out to be true.

Cheating on your wife when she's terminally ill. That is so very very wrong. Especially when that wife is one of THE greatest women on the planet...

It appears the people who thought Edwards was a slick phony were right, and I was wrong.

I don't know why you or anyone else is sick over this or anything else.

the only thing here that has failed?
, is expectations.

I have no idea what happened between John Edwards and this woman.

I do not believe he loves his dying wife one ioda less for any thing he may have done. How many of you have watched a loved one waste away?

I have.

If Edwards is guilty of anything, he is guilty of being human.

If you curse him, condemn him
you curse yourself, condemn yourself.

Contrary to what many people seem to believe
these peoples' behavior have nothing to do with us or our relationships,
(yes, that is amazing, isn't it)
because this may have happened - has no consequence on whether your partner will be faithful to you or if we should expect our partners to be faithful to us.

We should be faithful. And we should behave in a way that our partners have every opportunity and desire to be faithful to us.

Should any of us end up being human, and doing a "human thing" I hope that thing is less significant than our relationship.

If that "human thing" is more important than your relationship,
than we know how much value you give your relationship
and how much value you give a fuck.

He might not love his dying wife one iota less- but it could appear that he loves his appendage, and himself, more. Sure he's human, but so was Newt Gingrich when he served divorce papers on his wife when she lay dying of cancer.. I guess.

Some people value fidelity, doesn't make them wrong for doing so. Especially fidelity when your spouse is terminally ill. Somehow that just doesn't seem like it's just "a fuck". Especially when you father a child-if indeed he has.

I'm not sick over it but that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed in some way either. I'm disappointed but at the same time I'm not-and not surprised. Keep expectations low and you're never surprised. But at the same time I don't think it's too high of an expectation to expect a husband of a dying woman to keep it in his pants (or the wife of a dying man).

How fucked up are you people if you are questioning whether or not it is appropriate to 'be disappointed' with a man that (allegedly) had an affair and fathered a child while his wife struggled with a terminal illness?

"You people"? As far as I can tell the only one questioning that is deep

I said I keep expectations low and don't idealize/deify people, let alone politicians.. that's all-a survival technique I learned a long time ago. But for me personally, absolutely not-you should not have an affair on your terminally ill wife/husband.

I love that this story was ignored by the "right wing media" with such conservative outposts like the LA Times instructing its bloggers not to mention it.

I love that this story was ignored by the "right wing media" with such conservative outposts like the LA Times instructing its bloggers not to mention it.

It's a fair point - witness the way some leftie FYM'rs prefer to set aside or ignore allegations regarding Clinton's cheating and philandering, while allegations regarding Clarence Thomas's similar misdeameours are used as a stick to bash him with 15 years later.

BUT having said that it could be argued that right wingers who disgrace themselves in private family matters are hypocritical, liberals less so as they don't make such a big deal of 'family values', so the media may be correct in focussing more on the misdeeds of right wingers, as the public has a right to know if, for example, some Republican who builds a political career out of attacking gays is himself a promiscuous homosexual.

I don't know why you or anyone else is sick over this or anything else.

the only thing here that has failed?
, is expectations.

I have no idea what happened between John Edwards and this woman.

I do not believe he loves his dying wife one ioda less for any thing he may have done. How many of you have watched a loved one waste away?

I have.

If Edwards is guilty of anything, he is guilty of being human.

If you curse him, condemn him
you curse yourself, condemn yourself.

Contrary to what many people seem to believe
these peoples' behavior have nothing to do with us or our relationships,
(yes, that is amazing, isn't it)
because this may have happened - has no consequence on whether your partner will be faithful to you or if we should expect our partners to be faithful to us.

We should be faithful. And we should behave in a way that our partners have every opportunity and desire to be faithful to us.

Should any of us end up being human, and doing a "human thing" I hope that thing is less significant than our relationship.

If that "human thing" is more important than your relationship,
than we know how much value you give your relationship
and how much value you give a fuck.

Please....less of the nuance.

Judgemental condemnations are the FYM way.

It's a fair point - witness the way some leftie FYM'rs prefer to set aside or ignore allegations regarding Clinton's cheating and philandering, while allegations regarding Clarence Thomas's similar misdeameours are used as a stick to bash him with 15 years later.

Interesting, I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone bash Thomas in here, I'll have to look out for it...

It's a fair point - witness the way some leftie FYM'rs prefer to set aside or ignore allegations regarding Clinton's cheating and philandering

Please provide examples of this.

I'm getting tired of the "some people here on FYM" claims that are never backed up and usually end up being untrue. I don't ever remember anyone here ignoring "allegations" of Clinton's cheating - it seems that everyone has pretty much accepted them as fact.

In fact I don't even ever remember there being a discussion about it, although there have been several regarding Hillary and her response to it. I do remember a common thread then being that it is Hillary's business if she took him back. Some people disagreed, because they could never see themselves forgiving him. My personal view is that she may have very well done it for political expediency. Or she did it because as she herself stated in her book, "he's the only man who ever understood me." Or it was a huge deal the first time, but the 20th time didn't make much of a difference - if you have accepted that he is a philanderer and will never change, but you live knowing that he does at least come home to you (I have an aunt like this). Whichever of these cases is true, who cares? It's between them. That doesn't mean I "ignore" his philandering; I certainly wouldn't put up with it. But she did and that's none of our business.

So I may be wrong about FYMers here ignoring "allegations" - but please at least point out who you are talking about.

spy photo?

How did they get those photos- are they paying her?

<b>THE PHOTOS EVERYONE'S BEEN WAITING FOR!</b> - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

The NATIONAL ENQUIRER is releasing the photograph that the world has been waiting for – the first-ever picture of John Edwards and his love child!

The stunning “spy photo” shows the former presidential contender holding his infant daughter Frances Quinn Hunter at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Los Angeles – where the ENQUIRER caught him visiting the baby’s mother, his mistress Rielle Hunter.

Edwards is holding his love child while standing in front of a distinctive striped curtain.

The same window covering hangs in each one of the hotel’s guest rooms – and is clearly visible in photos of guest rooms on the hotel’s Web site.

“These photos are damning proof,” said a source close to the situation.

“He’s been caught lying about his affair with Rielle and their love child for many months – and now the proof against him is piling up.

“His elaborate coverup is unraveling at the seams.”

58768.jpg

Welcome to AnnCoulter.com

The mainstream media's reaction to the National Enquirer's reports on John Edwards' "love child" scandal has been reminiscent of the Soviet press. Edwards' name has simply been completely whitewashed out of the news. Say, why isn't anyone talking about John Edwards for vice president anymore?

I suspect that if I tried to look up coverage of the Democratic primaries in Nexis news archives, Edwards' name will have disappeared from the debates. By next week, Edwards won't have been John Kerry's running mate in 2004.

Do you know what this means? At this precise moment in time, I could call Edwards a name that would send me to rehab, and the media wouldn't be able to report it!

evil.gif

Could she come up with vast coverage of him being a possible vice-presidential candidate before?
After he left the primaries there was only mentioning of him being a possible pick for a week or so, since then, when this affair was completely not an issue, every other name was discussed, not his.

(abridged by Indy500)
By Mark Johnson | Charlotte Observer

With two weeks to go before their national convention, a number of Democrats are saying that Edwards needs to publicly address National Enquirer stories that have alleged he had an affair with a campaign worker and fathered her baby.

If Edwards fails to clear up the story in short order, he risks party officials deciding not to have him speak or, if they do, creating a distraction from a week focused on Barack Obama accepting the nomination.

"If there is not an explanation that’s satisfactory, acceptable and meets high moral standards, the answer is 'no,' he would not be a prime candidate to make a major address to the convention," said Don Fowler, a former Democratic National Committee chair.

"He absolutely does have to (resolve it). If it's not true, he has to issue a stronger denial," said Gary Pearce, the Democratic strategist who ran Edwards’ 1998 Senate race. "It's a very damaging thing. …

"The big media has tried to be responsible and handle this with kid gloves, but it's clearly getting ready to bust out. If it's not true, he's got to stand up and say, 'This is not true. That is not my child and I'm going to take legal action against the people who are spreading these lies.' It's not enough to say, 'That’s tabloid trash,' " Pearce said.

Edwards' political currency declines with each day the story goes unresolved, Fowler and other Democratic strategists said.

Wait, wait.

You mean to tell me that this media, who so SCRUPULOUSLY covered the build up to the Iraq War and so carefully examined Bush's agenda, is selectively reporting on another matter? And the right is suddenly all "oh noes the media is so delinquent and purposely hiding something!" Honestly.

I was always wondering why Edwards was really never seen as a serious VP candidate. Ann Coulter is out to pasture (not that this is unique) because he faded immediately. Whatever truth may be to this matter, if there is, I speculate that Obama's team was told or knew about it. Because Edwards was the one very conspicuously missing candidate for VP.

This just posted on CNN.com's Political Ticker:

Breaking: Edwards admits lying about affair
Posted: 03:05 PM ET
(CNN) – John Edwards said Friday he had lied about his affair with a film-maker throughout his presidential campaign, according to ABC News.

He also said he had not fathered the 5-month-old child of Rielle Hunter, 42, although he also said he had not taken a paternity test.

In a Nightline interview set to air tonight, Edwards said he knew he was not the father because of the timing of the birth. His former aide Andrew Young has claimed paternity.

Last month, he told reporters that he had not been lying during his presidential bid when he denied having a relationship with Hunter. "I have no idea what you are asking about I have responded to consistently to these tabloid allegations by saying I don't respond to these lies," said Edwards.

Back
Top Bottom