John Edwards Love Child Scandal - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #196
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:44 PM
This is probably part of it I guess. I still think there's a very fair chance that GQ burned her on this one, but she was playing with fire.

YouTube - Rielle Hunter Repulsed by GQ Photos: New Video

Old 05-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #197
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:44 PM
Looks like he's going to be indicted

Old 06-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #198
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:44 PM
Calling all cars. Calling all cars. Be on the lookout for a blond haired, 5' 11" weasel. Last known whereabouts his sprawling 6 million dollar mansion in "Two Americas" North Carolina.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #199
Blue Crack Supplier

this whole thing is so pathetic. i feel badly for his children.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:44 AM   #200
ONE
love, blood, life

Edwards will make a fine edition to the Rich Folks Minimum Security Facility rowing team.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

I guess his daughter was standing by his side because she can't fathom her young brother and sister possibly being without their mother and their father. I feel sorry for the kids too.

What a lying hypocrite.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #202
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
"I'm like, I don't believe this shit." That's the opening line of Jay McInerney's Story of My Life. The thought is coming from Alison Poole, the protagonist of the novel (if you can use that term). McInerney based the character of Alison Poole on a woman he dated in the ’80s. Her name back then was Lisa Druck. She later married a guy named Alexander Hunter III and changed her name to Rielle Hunter. Then she had an affair with presidential candidate John Edwards. The rest is tabloid history. This shit really is hard to believe.
With those first two words — "I'm like" — it is clear that this is not your classic life story. Compare, for instance, the first sentence of Hans Christian Andersen's The True Story of My Life. It goes, "My life is a lovely story, happy and full of incident." Or this from Helen Keller's Story of My Life: "The beginning of my life was simple and much like every other little life." The central difference here is that Andersen and Keller mean it literally — this is the story of my life. Alison Poole uses "story of my life" as a turn of phrase, as in "got caught out in the rain again, story of my life." It is an ironic distancing that is practically the opposite of the act of ownership that usually accompanies the telling of one's life story. Poole's life story is buffered by a constant cynicism. She is constantly trying to figure out the three greatest lies in life. The first two are "the check is in the mail" and "I won't come in your mouth." At the end of the novel she is reminded of the third: "I love you."

Quote:
Whatever name she goes by — Alison Poole, Lisa Druck, Rielle Hunter — she jumps out of McInerney's book and into the ages. After her stint as a New York party girl in the ’80s she drifted to Los Angeles where she became Mrs. Hunter. Her father-in-law, Alexander Munro Hunter, was the prosecutor in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case. The unbelievable shit just kept piling up. She divorced and then in 2007 she got pregnant with John Edwards’ child. He denied it for as long as he could, finally getting caught (by The National Enquirer) hiding in the bathroom of the Beverly Hilton during a secret rendezvous with Ms. Hunter. In her recently published memoir, Elizabeth Edwards (John's wife) calls Rielle "pathetic." But the charge doesn't stick. Somehow, through all the goofy plot twists, Rielle Hunter is the only one telling the truth. It is John Edwards who, in words Alison Poole would have used, is just another in a long line of cocks with hairdos. Poole/Druck/Hunter, by contrast, won't soon be forgotten. Story of her life. • 7 July 2009

The Smart Set: True Story - July 7, 2009
Old 03-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
MANHATTAN — A call girl working for alleged "Millionaire Madam" Anna Gristina told investigators she was paid to have sex with former U.S. Sen. John Edwards when he was in New York raising money for his failed presidential bid, DNAinfo has learned.
Edwards is the first big name to surface in connection to Gristina's alleged prostitution scheme run out of an Upper East Side apartment.
Edwards' lawyer declined to comment when reached Wednesday. On Thursday morning, his attorneys issued a statement to Politico and other news outlets saying their client "categorically" denied the allegation. Later Thursday morning, DNAinfo was contacted by Edwards' attorney, Abbe Lowell, demanding a retraction.
DNAinfo stands by its story.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #204
Blue Crack Addict

Looks like he was really, um, getting around
Old 05-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #205
ONE
love, blood, life

Ex-aide's wife details quirks of John Edwards' mistress, Rielle Hunter | Fox News
Old 05-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #206
Blue Crack Addict

I felt sorry for his daughter yesterday. He's the reason her mother and her mother's raw pain was brought into that trial, since he was so publicly sorry about that in front of the mics and cameras.

What a dirtbag.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #207
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:44 PM
I feel ashamed for once liking this guy... hopefully the fact that I was thirteen years old or so when I last liked him is a pass. He's the Democrats' version of Sarah Palin, but a lot nastier.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #208
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I felt sorry for his daughter yesterday. He's the reason her mother and her mother's raw pain was brought into that trial, since he was so publicly sorry about that in front of the mics and cameras.

What a dirtbag.
That's a very simplistic analysis.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #209
Blue Crack Addict

This whole trial is like a soap opera starring a bunch of kooky weirdos. And Edwards is a dirtbag.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy

That's a very simplistic analysis.
Thanks

I'm a simplistic person - a lying dirtbag is a lying dirtbag

He's a fraud