John Edwards Love Child Scandal - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #181
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Wait, what? She thought she'd be taking chaste, matronly pictures and somehow got conned into taking her pants off?

You're envisioning an awfully gullible (and frankly, not very bright) person, apparently.
"Yes" to your first statement (not a strong yes, but not impossible). "Perhaps" to your second statement. Haven't you ever seen how otherwise normal people blindly do what a photographer tells them (trusting that they are the expert that knows how to make them look good)?

Again, I can't really believe I've taken this position and am trying to defend it. But, whatever. I think it's sleaze all around (Edwards, Hunter, and GQ).

Old 03-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #182
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post

Or, she might really be that crazy or calculating, and I might be very naiive.
Sorry, but she is and you are.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #183
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Sorry, but she is and you are.
Your statement is seemingly in conflict with the quote you chose for your personal tag line ("We can never judge...").
Old 03-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #184
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

So, you're changing the focus of this topic from Hunter to my sig?

Anyway, it is quite naive to think a grown woman would be forced to take her pants off for a photo shoot. Like Diemen said, you're envisioning a gullible and not very bright woman.

That's why I said "she is" for your "crazy or calculating" line.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:49 PM   #185
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Haven't you ever seen how otherwise normal people blindly do what a photographer tells them (trusting that they are the expert that knows how to make them look good)?
If she had said "You know, when we were doing the shoot I really didn't think these pictures would look this slutty" I could buy that. But no way am I buying her I-thought-they-were-just-taking-photos-of-my-face crap.

Of course in the grand scheme of things this stuff really doesn't matter. John Edwards and all this drama is not much more than a time waster for me, although I will say today it did provide a welcome giggle.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #186
Acrobat

I'm getting out of this discussion while I still can. No one likes being attacked or criticized (me especially). In fact I like your sig, and generally agree with that statement.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #187
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
I'm getting out of this discussion while I still can. No one likes being attacked or criticized (me especially). In fact I like your sig, and generally agree with that statement.
OK, maybe I was harsh by calling you naive. I was just taken aback by you suggesting that Hunter was taken advantage of when there's no way she was. Plus, sometimes I overreact to things, and clearly I did it again.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:56 PM   #188
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:20 PM
Quote:
Haven't you ever seen how otherwise normal people blindly do what a photographer tells them (trusting that they are the expert that knows how to make them look good)?
Oh, sure I have. Normally I won't tilt my head and then turn my chin back towards the camera, but I'll do that if a photographer tells me to. I'm sure as hell not going to go into a chaste portrait session and then take my pants off because the photog thinks it's a good idea, though. Again, you must take Hunter to be extremely gullible and not all that bright if you think that's what happened.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #189
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:20 PM
Really, my only reaction to this "scandal" is that it's none of our business. And, as such, who cares? Edwards did the right thing by dropping out the presidential race. Anything beyond that is the provenance of busybodies.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:09 AM   #190
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
Really, my only reaction to this "scandal" is that it's none of our business. And, as such, who cares? Edwards did the right thing by dropping out the presidential race. Anything beyond that is the provenance of busybodies.
Completely agree. Ditto for the Tiger Woods 'scandal'. Time to move on from puritanical obsessing over other peoples' sex lives. In France this would be a nothing.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:59 AM   #191
Refugee

Quote:
I don't think her looks are the point or relevant at all to his cheating. It reminds me of all the comments about Tiger's mistresses (gee his wife is so beautiful and how could he-well she certainly is but that's not the point. Somehow there's an implication that less beautiful wives, well it's more understandable/acceptable) or that woman that Steve Phillips was involved with. As if cheating with a beautiful woman is somehow more understandable and/or acceptable.
Quote:
Not defending adultery in any case, especially when one's spouse is terminally ill
I thought I made my views on the topic crystal clear in my original post.

Sorry.

I would never make the implication that it was somehow ok with a more attractive woman, far from it. Just made an observation, that with all the 18-25 yr olds who used to tell me "he's hot."

Quote:
Yes I used to think he was attractive-but now, with all that has been revealed about him I don't at all. Actually he's repulsive to me, including physically repulsive. Physical attractiveness is about character too-and to me his is severely lacking/nonexistent.
Agreed. If I know a girl to be lacking in character/not a nice person/manipulative/a liar or a selfish jerk, whatever, then to me, it does not matter how attractive they are. I have been put off my many an attractive girl's other traits.......

I have always thought John Edwards was severely lacking or non existent in the character department, so no love loss there!
Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 AM   #192
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Oh, sure I have. Normally I won't tilt my head and then turn my chin back towards the camera, but I'll do that if a photographer tells me to. I'm sure as hell not going to go into a chaste portrait session and then take my pants off because the photog thinks it's a good idea, though. Again, you must take Hunter to be extremely gullible and not all that bright if you think that's what happened.
Agreed!

And lets all remember, this is the same woman who had NO problem at all having a sexual relationship with John Edwards when she knew full well, along with the rest of the country that not only was he married, his wife is terminaly ill. She even speaks of the "wrath of Elizabeth" etc.

Edwards is no doubt a scumbag, I have never thought different. But she must be a total scumbag as well. It takes 2 after all, and she has not exactly been shy in talking to the tabloids and feeding them information. So the photos need to be taken in that context. All she is doing is drumming up publicity, and if she can, while in the spotlight, throw down the victim card, all the better. More publicity, more money, etc.

No way in hell she did not know what she was posing for, you don't just take off your pants for a photographer unless you expect some revealing photos to turn up somewhere.

Pearl is right, she is crazy, and no, that is not judging a person, it is judging their actions. Action after action has shown this to be true.

One thing's for sure, these 2 were made for eachother!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #193
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
OK, maybe I was harsh by calling you naive. I was just taken aback by you suggesting that Hunter was taken advantage of when there's no way she was. Plus, sometimes I overreact to things, and clearly I did it again.
Thanks. No problem. I knew what I was getting into. Your comments were fair. It was late last night, after a brutal day, when I posted that, and I was a little irritable.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #194
Blue Crack Addict

In the video provided to ABC by GQ the photographer's assistant showed her the photos on a laptop-so unless they showed her some and not others she knew exactly what they looked like. They would have had to add the pantless part somehow after that fact in order to "trick" her.

That Andrew Young guy claims that Rielle and "Johnny" still think he can have a political career-that other people have come out of affair scandals, such as Bill Clinton.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #195
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
In the video provided to ABC by GQ the photographer's assistant showed her the photos on a laptop-so unless they showed her some and not others she knew exactly what they looked like. They would have had to add the pantless part somehow after that fact in order to "trick" her.

That Andrew Young guy claims that Rielle and "Johnny" still think he can have a political career-that other people have come out of affair scandals, such as Bill Clinton.
Where can we see the video that GQ provided to ABC?