John Allen Muhammad execution set for Nov. 10, should there be a Stay? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #16
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:00 PM
See, you aren't as black and white as you try to come off...

Murder is murder.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:16 AM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Yeah, just kill those that make it to death row. That's kind of black and white.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #18
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

But you said 1 death, so I was assuming every murder you want executed.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

so is there anyone here that believes in the death penalty and thinks this guy doesnt deserve it? Or is this a now a pro/anti death sentence conversation?
Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #20
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
But you said 1 death, so I was assuming every murder you want executed.
I was assuming you realized I meant based on their conviction. I don't want any murders executed though, or otherwise carried out.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #21
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i don't believe in the death penalty. so i suppose it's best that i stay out of this.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #22
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i don't believe in the death penalty. so i suppose it's best that i stay out of this.
Nonsense, we just need a death penalty thread.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

i see nothing to be gained by the death penalty. there is no use for it.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #24
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
I was assuming you realized I meant based on their conviction.
A pre-meditated murder is murder, that man who shot his daughter's rapist is not always going to get acquitted. I was assuming you realized that.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #25
War Child

Fine, give him probation, it's still not likely to be a capital case.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #26
Jesus Online

Local Time: 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
so is there anyone here that believes in the death penalty and thinks this guy doesnt deserve it? Or is this a now a pro/anti death sentence conversation?
How can it be anything but a death penalty discussion? You either support it or you don't. You either support every single individual's right to life, or you don't. Gaol is full of people who don't support every individual's right to life. Here is one more who doesn't adamantly support a fellow person's right to their life. And before any smartarse on here assumes this is implying there is a similarity or connection between supporters of the death penalty and those who commit murder, save your breath. You simply share a belief that sometimes it's OK for people to die from human choices. It's just applied in different circumstances. It's a view I find abhorrent. What is life if you do not endeavour to everything always to protect it? That's a rhetorical, by the way. I've got no sympathy for criminals. Their life and right to it will never be my choice to meddle in. It's a choice I severely doubt mankind's ability to make, generally.

Anyway, this is way off topic. I don't see how you can discuss the sentence of one man without it being about all men and women on death row.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:43 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
How can it be anything but a death penalty discussion? You either support it or you don't. You either support every single individual's right to life, or you don't. Gaol is full of people who don't support every individual's right to life. Here is one more who doesn't adamantly support a fellow person's right to their life. And before any smartarse on here assumes this is implying there is a similarity or connection between supporters of the death penalty and those who commit murder, save your breath. You simply share a belief that sometimes it's OK for people to die from human choices. It's just applied in different circumstances. It's a view I find abhorrent. What is life if you do not endeavour to everything always to protect it? That's a rhetorical, by the way. I've got no sympathy for criminals. Their life and right to it will never be my choice to meddle in. It's a choice I severely doubt mankind's ability to make, generally.

Anyway, this is way off topic. I don't see how you can discuss the sentence of one man without it being about all men and women on death row.
Well there was this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
I'm not sure if he deserves the death penalty. I'd like to see him serve a life sentence where he could live with the agony of his guilt. That is, if he has any.
It sort of implies that in this case perhaps the death sentence isnt appropriate. The first few posts in the thread implied that there might be others who shared this view. I was intrigued as to what their reasoning may be, but the conversation quickly turned to another direction. As a matter of fact, the thread title includes the question "should there be a stay?", further implying there could be reasons that this man in particular should not be executed . In that sense, I do see how we can discuss the sentence of one man without it being about all men and women on death row. I also think it would make for a more interesting conversation than the typical anti/pro death sentence arguments/soap box, masturbatory drivel that cant possibly go anywhere
Old 11-10-2009, 02:08 AM   #28
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:00 PM
The only thing I find unique about this execution, and the final appeal to the US Supreme Court, is the fact that each member of the Court has a level of personal experience in the case. That is, in most cases the members of the Court are hearing cases in a detached almost abstract manner. Not here. Since they all live, work, and have family in the metro DC area, each of them surely experienced the personal terror of simply being outside, in a public space, while this savage was on the loose killing people at random for weeks. I'm not surprised to hear that they were not sympathetic to his appeal.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:13 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Fuck him.

Ask the victim's relatives how they feel about him.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocksU2 View Post
Fuck him.

Ask the victim's relatives how they feel about him.

with all due respect, justice isn't about making the families of victims feel better, or about allowing them to exact whatever revenge they see fit.