Joe Hates Fags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hahaha Ann Coulter is soooo messed up. I actually just joined a facebook group called "I support the 180th trimester abortion of Ann Coulter" :lol:

I'm still highly suspicious of the implied belief that she was born female, so I don't think we ever have to worry about her getting knocked up. Thank God.

I'm still highly suspicious of the implied belief that she was born female, so I don't think we ever have to worry about her getting knocked up. Thank God.

I sure hope so. God forbid she replicates :|

I honestly think she believes most of what she says but obviously exaggerates because she makes money from shock value... same with Rush Limbaugh, etc...

I used to be a strong libertarian, but after lots of thinking, research, talking to a lot of people, and so on... I would definitely now consider myself a secular progressive. Either way, I would still disagree with Joe- my biggest fear for America is the religious facism that some people in our country want. To call america a "Christian nation" is totally untrue, and to be guided by religion is the complete wrong track for our country to follow. I am so glad Obama won the election

....just my $.02

Just wait until 2012 or 2016 when the Republicans make a comeback that will make the Reagan Revolution look like Sunday School. I hope it never happens but I believe Prophecy points in that direction. Head for the hills if it happens!!!

Just wait until 2012 or 2016 when the Republicans make a comeback that will make the Reagan Revolution look like Sunday School. I hope it never happens but I believe Prophecy points in that direction. Head for the hills if it happens!!!

:huh:

um. well i dont think that will happen because I am pretty sure in the next 20 years the republican party will dissapear and the democratic party will split into 2.... that is if Obama saves the economy and saves our country from the problems caused by the Bush years.

i sure hope so!

I blame the Mormons

:huh:

um. well i dont think that will happen because I am pretty sure in the next 20 years the republican party will dissapear and the democratic party will split into 2.... that is if Obama saves the economy and saves our country from the problems caused by the Bush years.

i sure hope so!

And I'm pretty sure there is zero chance of anything in your post occurring.

And I'm pretty sure there is zero chance of anything in your post occurring.

I dont know about that.... we will have to wait and see. I do think the republican party is dying out though due to the takeover by the religious right. The moderate/ Liberal republicans are starting to become democrat and the fiscal conservatives seem to be totally confused and/or becoming Libertarian.

If, and I say that with a big IF, Obama fixes this mess, I think there is little chance of the republican party maintaining a strong force in politics. Therefore, within 30 years or so, if this happens, the democratic party might split into 2. this is where my post came from, and it is plausable if Obama makes the right choices... which I have faith that he will

I dont know about that.... we will have to wait and see. I do think the republican party is dying out though due to the takeover by the religious right.

I completely disagree. This might have had a slight chance of being an argument had Huckabee or Romney been our nominee. We had McCain. The party has been suffering because they are going to the center, not because they are too conservative. The moderate thing has been tried, and it has failed. Proud, articulated conservatism is what the Republican party needs. A two-party system works, not a one-and-a-half party system of Democrats and Democrats Lite, which is what people like Colin Powell and Arlen Specter don't seem to understand.

The moderate/ Liberal republicans are starting to become democrat

Give me an example besides Specter.

If, and I say that with a big IF, Obama fixes this mess, I think there is little chance of the republican party maintaining a strong force in politics. Therefore, within 30 years or so, if this happens, the democratic party might split into 2. this is where my post came from, and it is plausable if Obama makes the right choices... which I have faith that he will

People act like the Republican Party has never been this down before. It has been, multiple times. Look back at the 1964 election, and then remember what happened two years after that. Look back at the 1976 election, and them remember what happened four years after that. Look back at the 1992 election, and what happened two years after that. Even if Obama stays popular and even if he wins a second term, once people in their late teens and early twenties like myself realize in 6,8,10,12 years the incredible debt that they are in (that, by the way, they had absolutely nothing to do with), I think the Democratic Party is going to be in a much, much worse position than the GOP is in now.

75% of people in my graduating high school class are scared away from Republicans simply because of the religious aspect of the party. The rest are either religious or extremely fiscally conservative.

People act like the Republican Party has never been this down before. It has been, multiple times.

It doesnt matter how "down" it has been before- there has never been a worse president, probably in the history of this country, than George W. Bush... and that is something that will take a while for the republican party to get away from. and it think it is pretty obvious that the GOP is being taken over by the religious right... for the party to survive there needs to be more fiscal conservatives and less religious nutjobs.

The party has been suffering because they are going to the center, not because they are too conservative. The moderate thing has been tried, and it has failed. Proud, articulated conservatism is what the Republican party needs.

The only people that believe this are AM talk show host and those that listen to them. Look to the tea parties to realize the hard right is dying, especially any ARTICULATE ones.

The only people that believe this are AM talk show host and those that listen to them. Look to the tea parties to realize the hard right is dying, especially any ARTICULATE ones.

Amen BVS! :up:

those tea parties were filled with such blatant stupidity by people who have zero perspective of the world or anything about this country! If this is what is left of the republican party, then I dont think there is much chance of a future for them. I think we need more than just 2 parties though, and I would love some actual articulate conservatives who make sense every now and then. Even though I am definitely a liberal progressive, I love reading conservative books and articles that challenge my beliefs and make me see all sides. So far, I am sticking with my current political views...hopefully the GOP comes up with some new ideas, and ones that are not old, tired, and illogical.

This might have had a slight chance of being an argument had Huckabee or Romney been our nominee. We had McCain. The party has been suffering because they are going to the center, not because they are too conservative.
I agree that many are far too quick to predict (either) major party's demise based on its having blown a presidential election, or having been the minority in Congress for several terms. That kind of thinking ignores the impact of crises that happen while a party is in charge (self-inflicted or not), and it also credits the electorate with being far more ideologically consistent than they actually are.

I'm a little surprised to see you making this 'not conservative enough' argument, though. You supported Rudy initially, then seemed pleased when McCain became the nominee instead. I don't recall you ever expressing a wish that someone like Huckabee or Romney should be the nominee. Are you now saying you believe they would have been better choices?

Last edited:
The GOP are dead if they continued following the badly-defined mixture between the legacy of Ronald Reagan and OMG TEH GAYZ ARE TEH ANTICHRIST bigotry. I'm surprised they continue holding onto that path... the mess of McCain/Palin should have been served as a dire warning. There are a lot of really smart people in the GOP, and letting people like Joe the Plumber be their public voice is downright embarrassing... there really needs to be more for a progressive, intelligent, pro-trade, pro-world conservative, and fundamentally optimistic attitude taken in the GOP. Which is why, for their sake, I pray they trend more towards Jindal than Palin.

There are a lot of really smart people in the GOP, and letting people like Joe the Plumber be their public voice is downright embarrassing...

yep! during the last campaign, they took the average american or "joe six pack" as an idiot. The american people saw through it and it failed.

The mccain/palin was a horribly run campaign while the Obama campaign was probably the best run campaign in history. (im so glad I worked on it as a staff member for florida :wink: and I can personally attest to how brilliant and smoothly run the obama campaign was!)

For people to take 2861U2 as a representative of conservative opinion is really quite hilarious, as this dude, in his entire posting history on FYM has never given voice to a single genuine conservative opinion or thought process.:lol::lol:

Why does conservatism appeal to you as a Christian?

Conservatism is about the basic rights of individuals. God created us. As far as the government goes, the Founding Fathers based the Constitution off of Christian values. It goes hand-in-hand. As far as the Republican Party? I felt connected to it because individual freedom should not be legislated by the federal government.

I am not precisely sure which is the most stupid statement on the thread.

Personally, I think the above quote from 'Joe the Plumber' nails it, but it's a close call.

U2isthebest's post about the rest of the world hating on Murca 'cos of, ya know, Murca not lovin the fags enough, runs a close second. Presumably, the rest of the world hatin on Murca has nothing got to do with interventionist foreign policy, nah, let's park that particular elephant in the closet.

It's all about the gays!

The GOP are dead if they continued following the badly-defined mixture between the legacy of Ronald Reagan and OMG TEH GAYZ ARE TEH ANTICHRIST bigotry. I'm surprised they continue holding onto that path... the mess of McCain/Palin should have been served as a dire warning. There are a lot of really smart people in the GOP, and letting people like Joe the Plumber be their public voice is downright embarrassing... there really needs to be more for a progressive, intelligent, pro-trade, pro-world conservative, and fundamentally optimistic attitude taken in the GOP. Which is why, for their sake, I pray they trend more towards Jindal than Palin.

I have to say you are a very interesting individual, in the sense that if I'm not mistaken you once said Bono moved you to the right, you are young, and you live in Austin, correct? If this is someone else, then I apologize.

But this makes you a pretty rare person.

Now that being said, I agree with you about how the party has followed a wrong path... But then you say Palin/Jindal is the way to go?:huh:

This is the same Jindal that when allowed to be the right's spokesman against the stimulus plan talked to the country like we were all kindergarten students? The one that said he couldn't understand volcano research but his own state suffered from huge natural disaster, and then a week later Alaska suffered from volcanic issues? Palin? Enough said, the world saw her issues...

If the right is looking to these two, then the country will be voting D for a long time to come... :up:

I completely disagree. This might have had a slight chance of being an argument had Huckabee or Romney been our nominee. We had McCain. The party has been suffering because they are going to the center, not because they are too conservative. The moderate thing has been tried, and it has failed. Proud, articulated conservatism is what the Republican party needs. A two-party system works, not a one-and-a-half party system of Democrats and Democrats Lite, which is what people like Colin Powell and Arlen Specter don't seem to understand.

really? do you think Romney or Huckabee would have had a prayer against McCain? wasn't part of Obama's landslide victory due to McCain's picking a know-nothing like Palin? it seems to me, and if polls are anything to go by, that young people are profoundly against "articulated conservatism." people under 30 went 66% for Obama. they overwhelmingly support gay marriage. they overwhelmingly are liberal on social issues. it seems to me that conservatism as articulated by Romney or Huckabee is dead as a doornail.

Give me an example besides Specter.

the Republican ladies from Maine, for example, are distraught with their own party. and look at New England -- all of the old school, "Main Street Republicans" have been purged by the voters. the GOP is increasingly the party of white Christian southerners. Nancy Johnson, Chris Shays, Lincoln Chaffee ... all gone, and all generally good public servants as well. they were damned by association with the Palin win of the party.

People act like the Republican Party has never been this down before. It has been, multiple times. Look back at the 1964 election, and then remember what happened two years after that. Look back at the 1976 election, and them remember what happened four years after that. Look back at the 1992 election, and what happened two years after that. Even if Obama stays popular and even if he wins a second term, once people in their late teens and early twenties like myself realize in 6,8,10,12 years the incredible debt that they are in (that, by the way, they had absolutely nothing to do with), I think the Democratic Party is going to be in a much, much worse position than the GOP is in now.

but the debt was created by Bush. people in their 20s know this. the debt is Bush's fault -- cutting taxes, creating wars of choice over falsehoods, and increasing entitlement spending. and you're doomed, absolutely doomed, when it comes to social issues.

the GOP's future has never looked so bleak, imho.

I have to say you are a very interesting individual, in the sense that if I'm not mistaken you once said Bono moved you to the right, you are young, and you live in Austin, correct? If this is someone else, then I apologize.

But this makes you a pretty rare person.

I'm not sure why you enjoy stalking me, but yes, that is all correct. :wink:

And like Diemen alluded to, I think that something like Jindal/Palin would be an absolutely hilarious disaster of epic proportions... Jindal is a much, much better direction for the GOP at the moment. He's a smart, young, pragmatic conservative who doesn't focus his energy on hating gayz, although he is religiously conservative enough. And the fact that he's a minority doesn't hurt things, for better or for worse.

He's a smart, young, pragmatic conservative who doesn't focus his energy on hating gayz, although he is religiously conservative enough. And the fact that he's a minority doesn't hurt things, for better or for worse.

he also believes in exorcism, and castration.

and his response to the SOTU was historic, in a bad way.

Jindal seems a reasonable executive and manager, and i have no doubt that beneath all that manufactured down-homeness he's a smart guy. but he's not yet ready for prime time. 2016?

Back
Top Bottom