Joe Hates Fags - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #76
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
The party has been suffering because they are going to the center, not because they are too conservative. The moderate thing has been tried, and it has failed. Proud, articulated conservatism is what the Republican party needs.
The only people that believe this are AM talk show host and those that listen to them. Look to the tea parties to realize the hard right is dying, especially any ARTICULATE ones.
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #77
Refugee
 
zooropop40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Posts: 1,583
Local Time: 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
The only people that believe this are AM talk show host and those that listen to them. Look to the tea parties to realize the hard right is dying, especially any ARTICULATE ones.
Amen BVS!

those tea parties were filled with such blatant stupidity by people who have zero perspective of the world or anything about this country! If this is what is left of the republican party, then I dont think there is much chance of a future for them. I think we need more than just 2 parties though, and I would love some actual articulate conservatives who make sense every now and then. Even though I am definitely a liberal progressive, I love reading conservative books and articles that challenge my beliefs and make me see all sides. So far, I am sticking with my current political views...hopefully the GOP comes up with some new ideas, and ones that are not old, tired, and illogical.
__________________

__________________
zooropop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #78
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
This might have had a slight chance of being an argument had Huckabee or Romney been our nominee. We had McCain. The party has been suffering because they are going to the center, not because they are too conservative.
I agree that many are far too quick to predict (either) major party's demise based on its having blown a presidential election, or having been the minority in Congress for several terms. That kind of thinking ignores the impact of crises that happen while a party is in charge (self-inflicted or not), and it also credits the electorate with being far more ideologically consistent than they actually are.

I'm a little surprised to see you making this 'not conservative enough' argument, though. You supported Rudy initially, then seemed pleased when McCain became the nominee instead. I don't recall you ever expressing a wish that someone like Huckabee or Romney should be the nominee. Are you now saying you believe they would have been better choices?
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas and around the Texas Triangle
Posts: 13,962
Local Time: 02:44 AM
The GOP are dead if they continued following the badly-defined mixture between the legacy of Ronald Reagan and OMG TEH GAYZ ARE TEH ANTICHRIST bigotry. I'm surprised they continue holding onto that path... the mess of McCain/Palin should have been served as a dire warning. There are a lot of really smart people in the GOP, and letting people like Joe the Plumber be their public voice is downright embarrassing... there really needs to be more for a progressive, intelligent, pro-trade, pro-world conservative, and fundamentally optimistic attitude taken in the GOP. Which is why, for their sake, I pray they trend more towards Jindal than Palin.
__________________
digitize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #80
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,712
Local Time: 12:44 AM
I'm sure the fags don't think too highly of Joe, either.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #81
Refugee
 
zooropop40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Posts: 1,583
Local Time: 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
There are a lot of really smart people in the GOP, and letting people like Joe the Plumber be their public voice is downright embarrassing...
yep! during the last campaign, they took the average american or "joe six pack" as an idiot. The american people saw through it and it failed.

The mccain/palin was a horribly run campaign while the Obama campaign was probably the best run campaign in history. (im so glad I worked on it as a staff member for florida and I can personally attest to how brilliant and smoothly run the obama campaign was!)
__________________
zooropop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 09:44 AM
For people to take 2861U2 as a representative of conservative opinion is really quite hilarious, as this dude, in his entire posting history on FYM has never given voice to a single genuine conservative opinion or thought process.
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Why does conservatism appeal to you as a Christian?

Conservatism is about the basic rights of individuals. God created us. As far as the government goes, the Founding Fathers based the Constitution off of Christian values. It goes hand-in-hand. As far as the Republican Party? I felt connected to it because individual freedom should not be legislated by the federal government.

I am not precisely sure which is the most stupid statement on the thread.

Personally, I think the above quote from 'Joe the Plumber' nails it, but it's a close call.

U2isthebest's post about the rest of the world hating on Murca 'cos of, ya know, Murca not lovin the fags enough, runs a close second. Presumably, the rest of the world hatin on Murca has nothing got to do with interventionist foreign policy, nah, let's park that particular elephant in the closet.

It's all about the gays!
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #84
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
The GOP are dead if they continued following the badly-defined mixture between the legacy of Ronald Reagan and OMG TEH GAYZ ARE TEH ANTICHRIST bigotry. I'm surprised they continue holding onto that path... the mess of McCain/Palin should have been served as a dire warning. There are a lot of really smart people in the GOP, and letting people like Joe the Plumber be their public voice is downright embarrassing... there really needs to be more for a progressive, intelligent, pro-trade, pro-world conservative, and fundamentally optimistic attitude taken in the GOP. Which is why, for their sake, I pray they trend more towards Jindal than Palin.
I have to say you are a very interesting individual, in the sense that if I'm not mistaken you once said Bono moved you to the right, you are young, and you live in Austin, correct? If this is someone else, then I apologize.

But this makes you a pretty rare person.

Now that being said, I agree with you about how the party has followed a wrong path... But then you say Palin/Jindal is the way to go?

This is the same Jindal that when allowed to be the right's spokesman against the stimulus plan talked to the country like we were all kindergarten students? The one that said he couldn't understand volcano research but his own state suffered from huge natural disaster, and then a week later Alaska suffered from volcanic issues? Palin? Enough said, the world saw her issues...

If the right is looking to these two, then the country will be voting D for a long time to come...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #85
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I completely disagree. This might have had a slight chance of being an argument had Huckabee or Romney been our nominee. We had McCain. The party has been suffering because they are going to the center, not because they are too conservative. The moderate thing has been tried, and it has failed. Proud, articulated conservatism is what the Republican party needs. A two-party system works, not a one-and-a-half party system of Democrats and Democrats Lite, which is what people like Colin Powell and Arlen Specter don't seem to understand.

really? do you think Romney or Huckabee would have had a prayer against McCain? wasn't part of Obama's landslide victory due to McCain's picking a know-nothing like Palin? it seems to me, and if polls are anything to go by, that young people are profoundly against "articulated conservatism." people under 30 went 66% for Obama. they overwhelmingly support gay marriage. they overwhelmingly are liberal on social issues. it seems to me that conservatism as articulated by Romney or Huckabee is dead as a doornail.



Quote:
Give me an example besides Specter.
the Republican ladies from Maine, for example, are distraught with their own party. and look at New England -- all of the old school, "Main Street Republicans" have been purged by the voters. the GOP is increasingly the party of white Christian southerners. Nancy Johnson, Chris Shays, Lincoln Chaffee ... all gone, and all generally good public servants as well. they were damned by association with the Palin win of the party.



Quote:
People act like the Republican Party has never been this down before. It has been, multiple times. Look back at the 1964 election, and then remember what happened two years after that. Look back at the 1976 election, and them remember what happened four years after that. Look back at the 1992 election, and what happened two years after that. Even if Obama stays popular and even if he wins a second term, once people in their late teens and early twenties like myself realize in 6,8,10,12 years the incredible debt that they are in (that, by the way, they had absolutely nothing to do with), I think the Democratic Party is going to be in a much, much worse position than the GOP is in now.

but the debt was created by Bush. people in their 20s know this. the debt is Bush's fault -- cutting taxes, creating wars of choice over falsehoods, and increasing entitlement spending. and you're doomed, absolutely doomed, when it comes to social issues.

the GOP's future has never looked so bleak, imho.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Plenty of women have sex with chauvinistic douchebags-and just plain chauvinists, and just plain douchebags
Well, sometimes I get lucky.
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #87
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
But then you say Palin/Jindal is the way to go?
Actually, he didn't say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
the mess of McCain/Palin should have been served as a dire warning.

...

Which is why, for their sake, I pray they trend more towards Jindal than Palin.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:15 AM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas and around the Texas Triangle
Posts: 13,962
Local Time: 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I have to say you are a very interesting individual, in the sense that if I'm not mistaken you once said Bono moved you to the right, you are young, and you live in Austin, correct? If this is someone else, then I apologize.

But this makes you a pretty rare person.
I'm not sure why you enjoy stalking me, but yes, that is all correct.

And like Diemen alluded to, I think that something like Jindal/Palin would be an absolutely hilarious disaster of epic proportions... Jindal is a much, much better direction for the GOP at the moment. He's a smart, young, pragmatic conservative who doesn't focus his energy on hating gayz, although he is religiously conservative enough. And the fact that he's a minority doesn't hurt things, for better or for worse.
__________________
digitize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:16 AM   #89
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Actually, he didn't say that.
Oh, thank you I read it too fast and thought it said:

"I pray they trend more towards Jindal and Palin"

That's why I was a little confused.

Thanks Diemen, and sorry digitize.
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #90
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
He's a smart, young, pragmatic conservative who doesn't focus his energy on hating gayz, although he is religiously conservative enough. And the fact that he's a minority doesn't hurt things, for better or for worse.


he also believes in exorcism, and castration.

and his response to the SOTU was historic, in a bad way.

Jindal seems a reasonable executive and manager, and i have no doubt that beneath all that manufactured down-homeness he's a smart guy. but he's not yet ready for prime time. 2016?
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com