BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I agree with Joe.

Libertarian
The Rebel just weeped.

And yes, please stay away from my children.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #62
Refugee

Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Local Time: 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
I asked what woman.

hahaha Ann Coulter is soooo messed up. I actually just joined a facebook group called "I support the 180th trimester abortion of Ann Coulter"

Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #63
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooropop40 View Post
hahaha Ann Coulter is soooo messed up. I actually just joined a facebook group called "I support the 180th trimester abortion of Ann Coulter"
I'm still highly suspicious of the implied belief that she was born female, so I don't think we ever have to worry about her getting knocked up. Thank God.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #64
Refugee

Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
I'm still highly suspicious of the implied belief that she was born female, so I don't think we ever have to worry about her getting knocked up. Thank God.
I sure hope so. God forbid she replicates

I honestly think she believes most of what she says but obviously exaggerates because she makes money from shock value... same with Rush Limbaugh, etc...
Old 05-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #65
Refugee

Quote:
I used to be a strong libertarian, but after lots of thinking, research, talking to a lot of people, and so on... I would definitely now consider myself a secular progressive. Either way, I would still disagree with Joe- my biggest fear for America is the religious facism that some people in our country want. To call america a "Christian nation" is totally untrue, and to be guided by religion is the complete wrong track for our country to follow. I am so glad Obama won the election

....just my $.02
Just wait until 2012 or 2016 when the Republicans make a comeback that will make the Reagan Revolution look like Sunday School. I hope it never happens but I believe Prophecy points in that direction. Head for the hills if it happens!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #66
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
I hope it never happens but I believe Prophecy points in that direction.
Uh... what?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #67
Refugee

Local Time: 04:05 AM
^^ I'm also curious what the Prophecy is!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #68
Refugee

Quote:
Just wait until 2012 or 2016 when the Republicans make a comeback that will make the Reagan Revolution look like Sunday School. I hope it never happens but I believe Prophecy points in that direction. Head for the hills if it happens!!!

um. well i dont think that will happen because I am pretty sure in the next 20 years the republican party will dissapear and the democratic party will split into 2.... that is if Obama saves the economy and saves our country from the problems caused by the Bush years.

i sure hope so!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:05 PM
Quote:
I blame the Mormons
Old 05-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

um. well i dont think that will happen because I am pretty sure in the next 20 years the republican party will dissapear and the democratic party will split into 2.... that is if Obama saves the economy and saves our country from the problems caused by the Bush years.

i sure hope so!
And I'm pretty sure there is zero chance of anything in your post occurring.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #71
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
And I'm pretty sure there is zero chance of anything in your post occurring.
I dont know about that.... we will have to wait and see. I do think the republican party is dying out though due to the takeover by the religious right. The moderate/ Liberal republicans are starting to become democrat and the fiscal conservatives seem to be totally confused and/or becoming Libertarian.

If, and I say that with a big IF, Obama fixes this mess, I think there is little chance of the republican party maintaining a strong force in politics. Therefore, within 30 years or so, if this happens, the democratic party might split into 2. this is where my post came from, and it is plausable if Obama makes the right choices... which I have faith that he will
Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I dont know about that.... we will have to wait and see. I do think the republican party is dying out though due to the takeover by the religious right.
I completely disagree. This might have had a slight chance of being an argument had Huckabee or Romney been our nominee. We had McCain. The party has been suffering because they are going to the center, not because they are too conservative. The moderate thing has been tried, and it has failed. Proud, articulated conservatism is what the Republican party needs. A two-party system works, not a one-and-a-half party system of Democrats and Democrats Lite, which is what people like Colin Powell and Arlen Specter don't seem to understand.

Quote:
The moderate/ Liberal republicans are starting to become democrat
Give me an example besides Specter.

Quote:
If, and I say that with a big IF, Obama fixes this mess, I think there is little chance of the republican party maintaining a strong force in politics. Therefore, within 30 years or so, if this happens, the democratic party might split into 2. this is where my post came from, and it is plausable if Obama makes the right choices... which I have faith that he will
People act like the Republican Party has never been this down before. It has been, multiple times. Look back at the 1964 election, and then remember what happened two years after that. Look back at the 1976 election, and them remember what happened four years after that. Look back at the 1992 election, and what happened two years after that. Even if Obama stays popular and even if he wins a second term, once people in their late teens and early twenties like myself realize in 6,8,10,12 years the incredible debt that they are in (that, by the way, they had absolutely nothing to do with), I think the Democratic Party is going to be in a much, much worse position than the GOP is in now.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #73
Blue Crack Supplier

75% of people in my graduating high school class are scared away from Republicans simply because of the religious aspect of the party. The rest are either religious or extremely fiscally conservative.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #74
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post

People act like the Republican Party has never been this down before. It has been, multiple times.
It doesnt matter how "down" it has been before- there has never been a worse president, probably in the history of this country, than George W. Bush... and that is something that will take a while for the republican party to get away from. and it think it is pretty obvious that the GOP is being taken over by the religious right... for the party to survive there needs to be more fiscal conservatives and less religious nutjobs.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #75
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
75% of people in my graduating high school class are scared away from Republicans simply because of the religious aspect of the party. The rest are either religious or extremely fiscally conservative.
this is true.