Jesus is stealing my thunder!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
Jesus is stealing my (Mia) thunder!!

Friends of FYM, I'm having a crisis.

This year my birthday on the Christian Easter Celebration. I was planning on getting trashed, either in NYC or TO that weekend to party with my posse. Now, instead, I have to friggin spend MY birthday in friggin VA with my PARENTS who are not exactly party people. They said I have to be there with them for Easter.

Thankfully, they are at least paying for the ticket, otherwise there's no way I'll be going there. I asked Mom if she was going to take me out to get shitfaced, because that's the Mia Birthday Norm. Her response was less than enthusiastic and supportive.

I'm so mad! Jesus could have any weekend he wanted to, and this year HE CHOSE MINE! This problem happens to me ever few years, because I guess it goes according to moons or something. Anyway, I'm not even really sure I'm Christian anymore. So WHY do I have to sacrifice MY super spectacular weekend? And believe me, it is usually super spectacular.

Anyway, I'm mad. Instead of partying, now I have to sit there and watch my family eat gross meat things in front of me. I can down a bottle of wine to numb the pain, but where's the fun in drinking by yourself? (My parents don't drink.) I can perhaps see about spiking the ham with rum or something, so my parents get a nice surprise when they indulge in it's meatynastiness. I'm running low on ideas here.

We need to keep the Mia-THUNDER! alive!

Thoughts?

Mia,

I'm extremely sorry that Jesus has stolen your thunder. Know that I have you in my prayers....uh, well, that may not work since, you know, uh...your thunder has been taken. Regardless, I sympathize with your situation.

:hug::hug:

BoMac

You are an adult, dear. Parents can't make you do anything anymore. They just can't unless you let them. The minute I turned 18 I started living my life by my rules. :yippie:

I'm sorry Mia, that they are taking your awesome special day in such an extremely rude way.

Just tell them you will celebrate this awesome special day in Berlin, and bring some friends. They will understand. We can even hold a fake mass and send pictures. ;)

I would in all seriousness consider to just tell them that you are not going to spend this Easter at home since you are having other plans, but you will be glad to visit them on any other weekend, for example the one after. I agree with joyfulgirl that your parents shouldn't take control over your plans anymore. They have to accept that you, and you alone plan your life.

We need to keep the Mia-THUNDER! alive!

Who says MiaTHUNDER only happens on your actual bday??

Last year I celebrated my bday over a 4 month period with major and minor parties in 5 different cities (Toronto, NYC, Rochester, Cleveland, Newport RI).

You can make your parents happy AND have a Mia super party! :yippie:

Jesus has stolen my thunder on occasion too. :angry: That's what happens when your birthday falls in March/April, and you get the "privilege" of having your birthday on Easter. Hasn't happened to me since I was 14, thankfully.

You have my condolences. :hug:

Mia, I feel the same way about terrorists. I would make a joke about it but I think it's a little soon for that!

Get shitfaced the night before you go to see them so you can look and feel your very best on your visit.

Do that often enough and they will stop inviting you home. :)

I've never had a problem with my Christmas birthday. But no one cares, anyways. :)

I would in all seriousness consider to just tell them that you are not going to spend this Easter at home since you are having other plans, but you will be glad to visit them on any other weekend, for example the one after. I agree with joyfulgirl that your parents shouldn't take control over your plans anymore. They have to accept that you, and you alone plan your life.

Jesus stole my thunder. All seriousness is thrown out the window!

Who says MiaTHUNDER only happens on your actual bday??

Last year I celebrated my bday over a 4 month period with major and minor parties in 5 different cities (Toronto, NYC, Rochester, Cleveland, Newport RI).

You can make your parents happy AND have a Mia super party! :yippie:

AliEnvy, we need to party together. Stat. I think we'd get along great.

You're pretty much drunk every night.

NOT THE POINT HERE!
So was I. Until I said no.

You're obviously a better daughter than me. :hug:

:lol: well, I don't know about that. I piss them off in plenty other ways.
Jesus has stolen my thunder on occasion too. :angry: That's what happens when your birthday falls in March/April, and you get the "privilege" of having your birthday on Easter. Hasn't happened to me since I was 14, thankfully.

You have my condolences. :hug:

SISTERS! :hug:

Mia, I feel the same way about terrorists. I would make a joke about it but I think it's a little soon for that!

OMG that's right!!!! Yours is Sept 11. Wow. :hug:

Get shitfaced the night before you go to see them so you can look and feel your very best on your visit.

Do that often enough and they will stop inviting you home. :)

YES! Also, you, Ali and I need to party.

I've never had a problem with my Christmas birthday. But no one cares, anyways. :)

We care! You got the best birthday cake ever!

You gotta love that rebel from Nazareth.

The thunder and light show?

"Until We Have Faces"
~C.S. Lewis

through the rain and fallen snow?

Yeah, that's right, the cake was mialicious and awesome! :D
Send your parents a piece of that and write you are minding your own business. The cake will sweaten them.
Kick Jesus in the butt and steal your thunder back.

if you can sneak out, come to DC and we can search for baby jesus in the trash cans behind the Brickskeller at 3am. the more you drink, the easier he is to find, so long as he doesn't pull that disappearing/fly-to-heaven B.S. trust me, i know.

also, make sure you drink to forget your parents with vegan wine.

Back
Top Bottom