Jeans Are Destroying Society

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got NWOT Lucky's on eBay for $18, and they're $118 online.

I wish more men would wear suits. They are hot (when fitted correctly).

I wish more men would wear suits. They are hot (when fitted correctly).

I so totally concur...:combust:
normal_86147626_10.jpg

Irvine, I am soooooo jealous he plays for your team.

I agree about men wearing suits.

However, I'm afraid that I cannot go along with this modern trend of ladies wearing jeans.

forgive me, but i don't know who this is.

suits can be cool. however, i only wear them at weddings and funerals. such is my life. :shrug:

It's Adam Lambert. He's on American Idol, but he shouldn't be. He's way too talented. He's pretty openly gay, and he's the front-runner. Maybe we're making progress.

It's Adam Lambert. He's on American Idol, but he shouldn't be. He's way too talented. He's pretty openly gay, and he's the front-runner. Maybe we're making progress.

oh! right, right. i've heard about him but haven't tuned in yet this season. perhaps i will now.

he does seem to be quite talented.

tell me, do Seacrest (ha!) and Simon still do the gay panic routine?

oh! right, right. i've heard about him but haven't tuned in yet this season. perhaps i will now.

he does seem to be quite talented.

tell me, do Seacrest (ha!) and Simon still do the gay panic routine?

They still make subtle gay jokes to each other all the time. I'm pretty sure they're doing it.:lol: I should also point out that I've been heavily attracted to Ryan for about, oh, 7 years now. Go me.

I like it when a guy wears slacks, not jeans or even a suit.

The best outfit a guy could wear is a white button down shirt and black pants, :drool:

I can't really object to jeans, since I wear them, but the dismal combo of jeans, baseball cap, t-shirt and bit bloated white sneakers... now there I have a problem.

Or even worse, those weird-ass white leather men's shoes (slippers?) that slipped into fashion while I wasn't looking. No socks, mum!

I wear shorts in the summer months, because it can get nasty hot 'round here from May through September. Other than that, I wear jeans all the time. Everyday. I guess I suck at fashion. But I'm comfortable. And I look gooooooood.

The idea has hit me before, though. I've looked around when I'm in a crowded room or a party or a bar or a ball game or whatever and thought to myself "Damn. Everyone is wearing jeans. Weird. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?"

I'm sure affordability has a lot to do with it. Personally, I'm a recent college grad...so the money ain't exactly pouring in right now and I can't afford to own a ton of nice clothes.

If I were wealthy, though, I would totally dress like Chuck Bass. Chuck Bass don't mess with blue jeans.

You can come work with me, you'd see nearly 200 of them on a daily basis.

Some of the guys I work with wear them, but these guys are all old enough to be my dad, and they couldn't pick out a nice, well-fitting suit if it dropped from the sky in front of them.

they couldn't pick out a nice, well-fitting suit if it dropped from the sky in front of them.

i think this touches on the most important issue. George Will seems to think it's within the ability of your average dude to be able to pick out and wear and afford several nice, well-fitting suits. this isn't the case.

it would be ghastly. i mean, we're the country that invented jorts.

Back
Top Bottom