January 20, 2009--Inauguration Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we are on to a new and improved talking point now

we have got to lay the ground work,
so history will be taught correctly in the future.

??? What are you trying to say to me deep? I am trying to incorrectly state history?

Irvine511 said:
i thought it was the 1-2 combo of McCain's insane-old-man reaction to the financial crisis combined with the sinking in of the Palin pick.

Deep said that Obama's lead caused the crisis..

Originally Posted by deep View Post
You didn't notice that it was not until September, when all the polls agreed that Obama had the election in the bag, that the financial melt-down kicked in. :shrug:

I was pointing out that the financial crisis.. perhaps along with McCain's insane-old-man reaction is what solidified a lead for Obama. Yeah, the Palin pick most likely factored in as well.

Anyhow.. peace. Deep - I hope you end up being happy with President Obama's presidency.

some pics ...

where we were:

DSC_0895.jpg

the crush getting out when it was all over:

DSC_0972.jpg

and my new beach towel for 2009:

DSC_0966.jpg

I hope you remember to get pictures of yourself and Memphis with the crowds in the background

I have quite a few pictures of places and events I was at in my teens and 20s without myself in them for reference of me being there, they are kind of pointless now, there are much better pictures available on the internet or in magazinnes.

I hope you remember to get pictures of yourself and Memphis with the crowds in the background

I have quite a few pictures of places and events I was at in my teens and 20s without myself in them for reference of me being there, they are kind of pointless now, there are much better pictures available on the internet or in magazinnes.

I find this to be true as well.. getting the shots of yourself/friends/family into the scene makes the photos when you look back at them.

??? What are you trying to say to me deep? I am trying to incorrectly state history?

there are many falsehoods and lies

what gets boiled down, into need little stories, is called history

I was pointing out that the financial crisis.. perhaps along with McCain's insane-old-man reaction is what solidified a lead for Obama. Yeah, the Palin pick most likely factored in as well.

seeing this repeated by Obama supporters, is amazing to me.

Do you really believe this? if repeated enough, there will be a consensuses

so, lets imagine that McCain remained rock steady, like he was in the early 2000 campaign, that gives him a 3-4 point bump, and then let's say he picked a rock solid qualified V P, instead of failin' Palin, that adds a good 4+ point bump = McCains wins!!!!

So let history reflect that Obama's win was only because of two missteps by McCain

of course Obama could not won it on his own
this will be the history, these are the facts!

Anyhow.. peace. Deep - I hope you end up being happy with President Obama's presidency.

I am very happy with Obama, I decided several weeks before the election to vote FOR him, because his behavior and campaign merited my support. since the election, my decision seems to have been a correct conclusion.

Did anyone else think it was the icing on the cake to see Dick Cheney being "wheeled" out of the white house? I couldn't help but laugh. All the power he had in the last 8 years all comes down to this. Lovely.

If Obama's lead was not cemented at that time, I did not predict that McCain would have won.. I'm just saying that the presidential race was not as tight.

there are many falsehoods and lies

what gets boiled down, into need little stories, is called history

I am very happy with Obama, I decided several weeks before the election to vote FOR him

Posted by deep, 11-04-2008, 05:59 PM

It took me 1/2 an hour to vote this time.

Most times I am in and out in about 5 minutes.

It took me about 5 seconds
to decide to hit the touch screen for Obama.

He gets the benefit of my doubts this time.

In 2012 he must earn my vote.

I'm glad you are happy with your vote.

But this seems like a bit of a STORY.

usually I am in and out of my polling place in 5 minutes

but, this year, because of high turnout, it took 30 minutes. :shrug:

everytime I am not voting to re-elect,
the best I can can do is give my choice the benefit of the doubt, to vote for a re-election, is a more certain choice for me.

I was very confident in 96 to re-elect Clinton, based on his performance.

This is going to sound all weird and junk, but you know what part I really liked? And not in the same way as a lot of you? The handoff of power.

Yes, yes, I'm glad to see Bush gone as well, but all that aside, I liked the small ceremony of it. The walking out together, the handshakes, hugs and smiles, George and Laura climbing into the copter and flying away over the city.

It was just one of the ceremonial bits I enjoyed watching. A smaller bit of personal ceremony, not as full of pomp and circumstance as the rest.

That being said, this really made me laugh:

2hdr8cl.jpg

:lol:

and Jill in her sexy boots no less :sexywink:

Did anyone think that Dick Cheney in the wheelchair looked like Mr. Potter from It's a Wonderful Life?

"Merry Christmas to you .... in JAIL! Go on home, they're waiting for you!"

Great pics Irvine :up: We had friends that flew to DC for the event as well. Waiting to see her pics.

Just to clear up a point.

WH2008: General
USA Today/Gallup had McCain up by 10 (Sept 5th-7th)

McCain's last lead (among these polls on pollingreport) was Sept 15th

The shit hit the fan during the week of September 13-20
McCain never recovered.

ABC/Washington Post (Sep 5-7) had McCain with a 2 point lead.
ABC/Washington Post (Sep 19-22) had Obama with a 9 point lead.

I thought Michelle looked beautiful-she just had to keep moving the dress so he didn't step on it. The President can't dance, he could use some lessons. On the cheesy ABC show he was actually doing the bump when they were dancing with random people. Before that he did the same dance he did on Ellen. He should get the Dancing With The Stars DVDs :wink:

Sasha and Malia were so cute, I couldn't stand it. I love Malia with her camera too.

slide_865_15144_large.jpg

And how cute was this

slide_865_15139_large.jpg

And this

slide_865_15141_large.jpg

The end

slide_865_15149_large.jpg

I thought the speech was average for him-not his best, but certainly not the worst. I wish him all the best and good luck.

:heart: They are so adorable. Melia looks so much like Michelle and I know she'll be just like her when she grows up. Sasha when gave Barack the thumbs up melted my heart.

WASHINGTON — A new poll shows that by a 3-1 margin, the American people feel more optimistic about the country's future now that Barack Obama has been inaugurated president.

The Associated Press-Knowledge Networks poll found that 53 percent of those surveyed said they felt more optimistic, while just 15 percent said his ascendancy to the White House made them feel more pessimistic.

The poll also showed that even among Republicans, just 29 percent of those surveyed felt more pessimistic with Obama at the White House _ roughly the same number as the 30 percent of GOP people who said they felt more optimistic.

A smaller proportion of those who said they saw or heard his inaugural address _ 51 percent _ called it good.

The poll was conducted Tuesday and involved online interviews with 835 adults. It has a samling error of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points.

(This version CORRECTS APNewsNow. SUBS lead to correct that poll showed optimism toward Obama by 3-1 margin, not 3 out of 4 people surveyed; SUBS headlines to conform.)

Dear World:

We, the United States of America, your top-quality supplier of the ideals of liberty and democracy, would like to apologize for our 2001-2008 interruption in service. The technical fault that led to this eight-year service outage has been located, and the software responsible was replaced November 4. Early tests of the newly installed program indicate that we are now operating correctly, and we expect it to be fully functional after the events of January 20. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the outage. We look forward to resuming full service and hope to improve in years to come. We thank you for your patience and understanding,

Sincerely,
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Dear World:

We, the United States of America, your top-quality supplier of the ideals of liberty and democracy, would like to apologize for our 2001-2008 interruption in service. The technical fault that led to this eight-year service outage has been located, and the software responsible was replaced November 4. Early tests of the newly installed program indicate that we are now operating correctly, and we expect it to be fully functional after the events of January 20. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the outage. We look forward to resuming full service and hope to improve in years to come. We thank you for your patience and understanding,

Sincerely,
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Of course, if there was really a problem, Bush would have been removed in 2004. Instead, he was re-elected by the first majority in the popular vote since 1988. Only two Democratic Presidents, Andrew Jackson and Franklin Roosevelt, have been re-elected by 50% or more of the popular vote, as Bush was in 2004.

The fact is, Bush won EVERY national election he was in. When it comes to national elections, he his undefeated.

Well considering he's just getting to work in the office today is it any surprise that it's neat? Give him a week or two, it'll clutter ;)

My dad has a paperweight that says "A cluttered desk is a sign of genius" and it is usually covered in stuff...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom