January 20, 2009--Inauguration Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no conspiracies

these are just old men in poor health

it was probably not a good idea for them to participate in so much pomp and ceremony.

I wonder how amused the copywriter who snuck this one through is...

ballshistoricalday.jpg

I'm afraid to click on it :yikes:

NBC's reporting that Ted Kennedy is "awake & alert", as well as that Senator Byrd's office is reporting that he is "OK". :pray: for both.

The parade seems fairly.... pointless? In a car, surrounded by other cars, with a 3 man deep line of police/military lining the whole parade route, between the cars and the public. If you're standing there, can you see anything other than police?

^Without her plastic surgeon, Cindy would probably look older than the Carters.

ETA: Brian Williams just gave a Mad Men shout-out. I think I'm in love:heart: Also, I'm fairly certain that Al Roker is high on cocaine.:lol:

Totally, they do!

Meanwhile, Cindy still looks like a bitchy barbie.

Oops. Was I supposed to be nice today? :shifty:

I'll pretend I didn't see/hear that. :whistle: :giggle:

I have been :hyper: all day over this. I am so deliriously happy that it's ridiculous. Maybe I should have watched this with other people (a theater near me hosted a viewing party) and enjoyed being near people who share my excitement. But I've really loved watching this all day (I took the day off from work).

I love how the family is dressed, how they look, BTW. Those girls are soooo darling, and Michelle is gorgeous!

Will Obama meet our sky-high expectations? It remains to be seen. But I have faith that he will try his hardest to help turn things around in this country, and in this world.

He goes, "If Sarah Palin were to ever run into Joe Biden, which, you know, is unlikely, she wouldn't be able to ask 'Can I call you Joe?' She'd have to ask, 'Can I call you Mr. Vice-President'? "

Brokaw's best line was this morning when he said some people will compare the sight of Dick Cheney in a wheelchair to Dr. Strangelove :lol:

Brokaw's best line was this morning when he said some people will compare the sight of Dick Cheney in a wheelchair to Dr. Strangelove :lol:

:lol:

Brian Williams and Tom Brokaw :heart: Love those guys.

Unfortunately here at school they had it on ABC so I had to endure Charlie Gibson but as soon as I got back to my apartment it was back on NBC.

I'm watching CNN and Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper were talking the whole time that the ex-presidents and everyone were being introduced. I was just like shut up the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom