January 20, 2009--Inauguration Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're saying that on CNN, now.

It really is not a big deal.

Except, I do expect some A M talk hosts to try and exploit it.

(they are a desperate, lot.)

You're talking about the group of people that turned Al Gore making the simple statement that he had as a Senator supported a bill that was vital to the creation of the internet into 'I invented the internet'. The people who months ago began referring to the Bush-created recession as 'The Obama Recession'. They are shameless.

I watched it on a big screen in one of the theaters here at school with about 500 other students and faculty...we stood up and applauded after he took the oath, and again at the end of his speech. Fan-freakin-tastic day!!!!

You're talking about the group of people that turned Al Gore making the simple statement that he had as a Senator supported a bill that was vital to the creation of the internet into 'I invented the internet'. The people who months ago began referring to the Bush-created recession as 'The Obama Recession'. They are shameless.

well, to be fair

you and yours

took a statement of fact from Palin, that her state shares two international boarders

and turned it into

" I can see Russia from my backyard."

'The Obama Recession'. They are shameless.

You didn't notice that it was not until September, when all the polls agreed that Obama had the election in the bag,
that the financial melt-down kicked in. :shrug:

Watched it with my colleagues on a huge screen TV. I'm a joyfulgirl today. :applaud:

I watched it on a big screen in one of the theaters here at school with about 500 other students and faculty...we stood up and applauded after he took the oath, and again at the end of his speech. Fan-freakin-tastic day!!!!

Yeah, I'm at school too - I had intended to watch online on my laptop in the school library, but the streaming was choppy and not working well, so I went down to a cafe area on the ground floor of the library where there was a big crowd of people watching it on TV. Glad I did. It was a nice experience, everyone applauding at the oath and the speech.

well, to be fair

you and yours

took a statement of fact from Palin, that her state shares two international boarders

and turned it into

" I can see Russia from my backyard."

She actually said some variation of 'I can see Russia from my house'(I don't remember the exact words) in that interview with Charles Gibson.

Wow. That was one of the greatest moments in my life. I love being able to say "President Obama".:heart: President Obama's speech will without a doubt go down as one of the best in inaugural history, on par with FDR's first and Kennedy's. I am so proud of my country right now. Fuck off Bush and Cheney! You're finally DONE!

The national nightmare that started with a sabotaged recount in Florida over eight years ago is now over.

Na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goo-ood byeee, na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goo-ood byeee, na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goo-ood byeee...

Its gonna take more than the inauguration of Obama to finally be rid of Bush. Its gonna be at least a term.

It's all so surreal!!!!!! Barack Obama is THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES....Joe Biden is VICE PRESIDENT. Not Senators...not -elect, just plain ol' POTUS and VPOTUS.

What a great day.

And if some of you want to poo on the parade take that to another thread, that is not what I wanted when I created this thread.

She actually said some variation of 'I can see Russia from my house'(I don't remember the exact words) in that interview with Charles Gibson.

no offense but a lot of the things you and some of the other young (and old people ) believe are facts, just are not

I noticed this quite a bit in the attacks on Hillary, and even Bill Clinton

"GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

Palin did not need to say that Alaska has a common boundary with Canada, most people get that.

Many people think that Russia is separated by an ocean, like the east coast is from Britain.

I had a phone shift that started at noon. I unplugged my phone, lol.

:D

I live in a very old-school, Republican, religious conservative area and work at a small, somewhat conservative private college and yet I think every class was watching today instead of having class. We got a gazillion support calls about how to get cable feed through the projectors in the classrooms. We have a 42" plasma display mounted on the wall in my office that usually has phone and server stats but we changed it to TV so we could watch.

tearsofjoy.gif
tearsofjoy.gif
tearsofjoy.gif
Proud of America again!
tearsofjoy.gif
tearsofjoy.gif
tearsofjoy.gif

What's next on the schedule today? I'm still recording it on CNN. Didn't know what was the best channel to watch, so I stuck with them

What school in Virginia?

This isn't an inauguration. This whole spectacle is the exact kind of thing the Revolutionary War was fought to eliminate.

It was fought to gain American independence of dictatorship-like monarchy and establish a democracy. Last I checked, Obama was still elected by the people, his term is still finite, and there are still checks and balances in place.

Back
Top Bottom