It's OK to shoot a hooker if she doesn't have sex...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw this elsewhere. It's crazy. You really have to wonder if the verdict would have been the same if the perceived breach of agreement was about, say, washing only ten of twenty windows or something. Also if any American ever would shoot another person over 150.00 about a subject other than sex.

I just saw this elsewhere. It's crazy. You really have to wonder if the verdict would have been the same if the perceived breach of agreement was about, say, washing only ten of twenty windows or something. Also if any American ever would shoot another person over 150.00 about a subject other than sex.

You're probably right on the second issue. On the first, in all honesty, the jury may very well have delivered a correct verdict, in the sense that they correctly interpreted an absolutely ridiculous law.

Also if any American ever would shoot another person over 150.00 about a subject other than sex.

Absolutely, do you read the news?

This story has everything to do with interpreting the awful "castle" laws that states like Texas and so many others have. They are called "castle" laws due to the phrase a man's home is his castle, and they allow a homeowner to basically shoot anyone in their own home as long as they can prove they were protecting their lives or their belongings. Well the problem with this law, as we can see in this case and in the Trayvon Martin case, is that these laws are so loosely defined is that a person can almost murder anyone as long as they build the right case. I can literally get drunk, have an argument with someone at a party I was throwing in my house, shoot them and claim self defense. Or there's been cases where people shot burglars that were in their yard and then they drug the dead body into the house so that they can claim self defense.

Or there's been cases where people shot burglars that were in their yard and then they drug the dead body into the house so that they can claim self defense.

Haha. That's the absolute effing craziest thing I've heard of in a long time. You watch way too much tv. Don't you think the burglar will tell the police he was in the yard when he was shot. You know only about one person in ten that are shot die. Don't you think the police can figure it out? Or if he happened to be killed it would be very obvious if the burglar were drug back into the home. Imagine the blood trail from the yard to the home. Effing crazy! Hilarious! Please tell me about the real life cases you described. Can't wait to read about them. Or were they imagined in you're mind. If so, you may want to see a psychologist for you're possible mental condition.

Ok, this has to be someone's (someone who really doesn't like bvs) alt.

Possible, but I would think alts to be more likely to make reappearances than for someone to show up and post out of the blue once every couple of years. I've always been under the impression trolls were short-lived. They get bored and move on rather than come back. It's tough to tell here, not really sure what to make of someone with 49 posts over the course of 7 or so years where half are trolling fym posts and the other half are "this is my email, send me that obscure U2 outtake." In that light, I'm leaning more toward someone who checks back every now and again for U2-related leaks and obscurities, and can't resist a few poorly-written insults while he's here.

Either way, I've put far too much thought into this and should probably just call it a night and go to bed.

Haha. That's the absolute effing craziest thing I've heard of in a long time. You watch way too much tv. Don't you think the burglar will tell the police he was in the yard when he was shot. You know only about one person in ten that are shot die. Don't you think the police can figure it out? Or if he happened to be killed it would be very obvious if the burglar were drug back into the home. Imagine the blood trail from the yard to the home. Effing crazy! Hilarious! Please tell me about the real life cases you described. Can't wait to read about them. Or were they imagined in you're mind. If so, you may want to see a psychologist for you're possible mental condition.

Tim, I live in Texas and yes there have been several cases, some proven and some only suspected. And some of them I may have heard about on the TV, it's called the local news.

Here's a link:

Google

Tim, I live in Texas and yes there have been several cases, some proven and some only suspected. And some of them I may have heard about on the TV, it's called the local news.

Here's a link:

Google

As a homicide detective i can not believe this happened once let alone twice. You do know that only one person dies from a gunshot wound in ten chances. Any detective could tell if soneone was shot in the yard and drug back in to the house. So theres only a ten percent chance of a burglar getting killed. And you say that theres been many cases where he's been dragged back inside. Ridiculous. Name one! Come on google it and let me know. Thanks.

As a homicide detective i can not believe this happened once let alone twice.
Congrats on the new job, just 7 months ago you told us in a thread that you were an unemployed lumberjack. Lumberjack to detective especially homicide in that short of time is indeed impressive!

You do know that only one person dies from a gunshot wound in ten chances. Any detective could tell if soneone was shot in the yard and drug back in to the house. So theres only a ten percent chance of a burglar getting killed.
You're going to piss off the NRA folks. :shh:

And you say that theres been many cases where he's been dragged back inside. Ridiculous. Name one! Come on google it and let me know. Thanks.
What exactly are you asking me for Tim? Are you asking for cases where this was tried but later discovered false, or are you asking about ones that got away with it? Because if you're asking about ones that got away that's going to be a little hard to prove; one if they truly got away with it then we would never know, and two if they were suspected of but didn't have enough evidence then it never made it to trial or a jury found them innocent so they are. As a homicide detective you know how this works.

There was a case here a few years ago where a woman shot a man in her house and she claim self defense castle laws even though it turned out it was someone she knew, the evidence of breaking in was iffy, and there was talk that she may have even been the one that invited him over. BUT it never went to trial, not enough evidence.

Google "murder under castle laws" or self defense laws. And then Google "shoot burglar drag back in house" and you'll see how many have been given this advice as to how to remain protected by the law.

Are you a detective in a "stand your ground" or castle state?

Bah, that was too easy.

He's a reddit detective. You know, not a real one.

Well the problem with this law, as we can see in this case and in the Trayvon Martin case, is that these laws are so loosely defined is that a person can almost murder anyone as long as they build the right case. I can literally get drunk, have an argument with someone at a party I was throwing in my house, shoot them and claim self defense. Or there's been cases where people shot burglars that were in their yard and then they drug the dead body into the house so that they can claim self defense.

Trayvon Martin was killed on the street not in a home so his case is irrelevant. And you can't shoot a friend at you're party and claim self defense. That is ridiculous. And there are no cases where a burglary victim shot an offender as he was in his backyard and then dragged his body into his home to claim self defense. Not one. Maybe it was tried once but certainly the detectives figured it out in sn hour. Maybe the victim shot him as he entered the home. Maybe the victim shot him as he fled the property which is wrong. You watch too much tv.

There was a case here a few years ago where a woman shot a man in her house and she claim self defense castle laws even though it turned out it was someone she knew, the evidence of breaking in was iffy, and there was talk that she may have even been the one that invited him over. BUT it never went to trial, not enough evidence.

That is totally different. She very well may have invited him over to kill him. That is up to the state to decide if she stands trial. But still name one case where a dead burglar was drug back into the house. None.
Had a case today where 19 yr old accidentally shot and killed his 16 yr old brother in the head in bathroom. He then fired gun again through the window to look like someone shot from outside into the bathroom window. Took a whole 15 mins for the dets to figure it out.

Trayvon Martin was killed on the street not in a home so his case is irrelevant. And you can't shoot a friend at you're party and claim self defense. That is ridiculous. And there are no cases where a burglary victim shot an offender as he was in his backyard and then dragged his body into his home to claim self defense. Not one. Maybe it was tried once but certainly the detectives figured it out in sn hour. Maybe the victim shot him as he entered the home. Maybe the victim shot him as he fled the property which is wrong. You watch too much tv.

The law pertinent to the Travon Martin case is Florida's Stand Your Ground law (a close cousin of other states Castle laws) which allows citizens to "meet force with force" when they are attacked so long they are engaged in lawful activity in a place that they have a right to be. It essentially expands the "castle" of the Castle Doctrine to include the body in public. Zimmerman to argue self-defense, won't seek stand-your-ground hearing - CNN.com

Also it seems like under some state laws someone who shot a burglar in the yard would have no need to drag the burglar back into the house- the mere fact that his property was in danger would justify the shooting. That is essentially the situation with the prostitute. The john was not in danger; she was just leaving with money that he felt she has not earned.

The law pertinent to the Trayvon Martin case is Florida's Stand Your Ground law (a close cousin of other states Castle laws) which allows citizens to "meet force with force" when they are attacked so long they are engaged in lawful activity in a place that they have a right to be. It essentially expands the "castle" of the Castle Doctrine to include the body in public. Zimmerman to argue self-defense, won't seek stand-your-ground hearing - CNN.com

Also it seems like under some state laws someone who shot a burglar in the yard would have no need to drag the burglar back into the house- the mere fact that his property was in danger would justify the shooting. That is essentially the situation with the prostitute. The john was not in danger; she was just leaving with money that he felt she has not earned.

Trayvon Martin was killed on the street not in a home so his case is irrelevant. And you can't shoot a friend at you're party and claim self defense. That is ridiculous.
You're really missing the point here. His case is relevant because it falls under the same loosely defined laws. If I throw a party and you and I are the only two left, you're drunk and piss me off and I'm a hothead with a gun, I can shoot you and claim self defense. It would be up to the state to prove otherwise, but the problem is, just like in the Martin case, there are no witnesses to claim you didn't start to attack me in my home.

And there are no cases where a burglary victim shot an offender as he was in his backyard and then dragged his body into his home to claim self defense. Not one. Maybe it was tried once but certainly the detectives figured it out in sn hour. Maybe the victim shot him as he entered the home. Maybe the victim shot him as he fled the property which is wrong. You watch too much tv.
You are too naive, this doesn't bode well for a detective. I guess you didn't bother with Google? That kind of thing is ENCOURAGED by gun rights groups, they always say that if you shoot a burglar, make sure 75% of their body is across the threshold, this has since changed in Texas and you can shoot anyone on your property.

You're really missing the point here. His case is relevant because it falls under the same loosely defined laws. If I throw a party and you and I are the only two left, you're drunk and piss me off and I'm a hothead with a gun, I can shoot you and claim self defense. It would be up to the state to prove otherwise, but the problem is, just like in the Martin case, there are no witnesses to claim you didn't start to attack me in my home.

You are too naive, this doesn't bode well for a detective. I guess you didn't bother with Google? That kind of thing is ENCOURAGED by gun rights groups, they always say that if you shoot a burglar, make sure 75% of their body is across the threshold, this has since changed in Texas and you can shoot anyone on your property.

You can not just shoot someone because you don't like him. You have to prove you're life was threatened. Granted Zimmerman was an idiot and probably a racist but once he was attacked he was allowed to defend himself according to Florida law.

Google me one case where a homeowner drug a burglar back into his home. Never happened. You are a typical liberal living in a dream world. Just like climate warming is an absolute fact. Prove both.

Back
Top Bottom