Israel attacks Gaza - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #91
The Fly
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Israel
Posts: 112
Local Time: 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I've answered you so I'm not sure what you're getting at.
sorry, it got posted twice for some reason.
__________________

__________________
sarit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #92
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
For example, my Jewish friends who were born and raised in North America were much more sympathetic to the settlers' cause, and they were also a lot more staunch in their support of all Israeli policies. So it was a bit eye opening to meet actual Israelis who were politically different, for lack of a better word.
I've had the same experience.
__________________

__________________
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #93
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 12:17 AM
That hasn't been my experience of the visiting Israelis I've met (mostly grad students, plus a few Russian-by-birth Jews who'd moved from Israel to our old neighborhood in New York). They seem to have more or less the same general range of views as American Jews do in my experience, the main difference being that naturally their perspectives tend to be more personalized--because they're talking about their own countrymen, because they've done mandatory military service themselves, etc. I'm always rather baffled when other Americans talk as if American Jews are a solid wall of neocons, and it makes me wonder how many Jews they actually know well and have discussed these issues with at length. If anything, older visiting Israelis especially seem to often comment on a noticeable generational shift whereby American Jews today aren't as knowledgeable about or preoccupied with Israel issues as they'd heard used to be the case.
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #94
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:17 PM
I'll just chime in and say that the Israeli Jews I've known and still know are extremely staunch supporters of current Israeli policies. I have a few distant relatives currently living in Tel Aviv, and they are equally supportive. I'm not saying that this represents the views of all Israelis living here in the US, or in Tel Aviv, just saying that my own experiences with friends and family tend to mirror Yolland's, not Anitram's.

I've had a few coworkers already come to me today and ask about the situation, as if by being Jewish I'm automatically a spokesman for Israel. Interesting.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 03:17 PM
can you give us some insight on the bernie madoff scandal, too ?
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #96
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
thank you for your point of view, sarit. it's been an interesting read in here.

i hope all FYMers in any threatened areas stay safe.
Agreed
__________________
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #97
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 459
Local Time: 11:17 PM
Really wonder what the Israeli excuses will be for two hits on UN run schools. The latest killing at least 40. BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Strike on Gaza school 'kills 40'
__________________
popshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #98
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I've had a few coworkers already come to me today and ask about the situation, as if by being Jewish I'm automatically a spokesman for Israel. Interesting.
and they shouldn't?
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #99
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popshopper View Post
Really wonder what the Israeli excuses will be for two hits on UN run schools. The latest killing at least 40. BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Strike on Gaza school 'kills 40'
absolutely inexcusable.
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #100
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 89
Local Time: 11:17 PM
Main reason for 911 was the fact that most of America's defense budget goes to Israel. Plus America gives Israel $10,000 per Israel citizen every year. 911 was America's Karma for the American defense contractors making money off of selling weapons to Israel to feed this conflict.
I think the whole conflict is crazy and both sides are full of bs. I support this group OneVoice Movement To End The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. One Movement it's composed of people from both sides that are tired of living in a war zone and they want peace. It's called One Movement and their motto is "Enough is Enough"!
__________________
watergate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #101
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by watergate View Post
Main reason for 911 was the fact that most of America's defense budget goes to Israel.


no, it wasn't.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by watergate View Post
"Enough is Enough"!
Yeah like that's going to work. Good luck with that.
__________________
purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #103
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
LJT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Belfast
Posts: 5,039
Local Time: 12:17 AM
^It's about as good as anything else people have come up with, at least it's a joint movement. Nobody has ever really presented anything more viable, at least what I can think of off-hand.
__________________
LJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #104
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popshopper View Post
Really wonder what the Israeli excuses will be for two hits on UN run schools. The latest killing at least 40. BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Strike on Gaza school 'kills 40'
Only a fool can now believe they are not deliberately targetting civilians.
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #105
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 03:17 PM
I am sure there were Hamas terrorists hiding in that school.

This is exacually the type of things they do, use children as human shields to make the Israeli Defense Forces look bad.

Why aren't these Hamas soldiers, (terrorists) out in the open identifying themselves,
if what they are doing is right, why are they hiding?
__________________

__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com