Israel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Israel is good

because I said so

and you can't argue otherwise (even though I have presented nothing of value)

Fell off the Ben Gurion International Airport jetway again

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm just glad that I don't live in some of these hostile areas.
They have no food, they have no jobs....their heads are being chopped off!

A place where the blood flows like wine. Where women instinctively cover themselves like the turtles of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Afghanistan.

If you crossed a bulldog with a Shih-Tzu you'd get this thread.

It's pretty bad when Trump supporters are punching each other in the throat.

You are catching the 'dumb' conceptual humor in this thread?

It all began with Ferrus Equus's original riddle

The original statement question is so mind boggling in its intent, presentation, and execution.

It may go down in Blue Crack lore as a peculiar moment to be pondered over for years to come.

I think the argument IH is... attempting to make is that actually, Arabs in Israel have it great and therefore have no real reason to complain.

Tell that to the Arabs whose homes and towns are systematically bulldozed by the Jewish government to make room for Jewish settlements.

It's kind of akin to the argument that southern slaves got to live in America, so what was all the fuss about?

I'm not saying it's equating the two, but it is ignoring the real, tangible & systematic oppression the subjects endured/are enduring.

Israel straight up has Jewish only roads in the West Bank. Israel can't claim to be the only democracy in the Middle East when they have an apartheid system in place. It's not democracy if you only have freedom and liberty for some people.

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a mess. Both sides are guilty of many harmful actions. It's one of those issues that isn't cut and dry, however I tend to lean towards the Palestinian side simply because Israel straight up took land from people and is bulldozing homes and communities to make way for settlers. That isn't right.

Diemen is correct in his statement that my question was to point out that Arabs living is Israel do have it better than Arabs in neighboring countries.

The often heard accusation that Israeli Arabs are subjected to the apartheid system just does not align with reality.

The facts below from this site.

Middle-East-Info.org - Arabs and Muslims in Israel

It is a site advocating democracy, pluralism and mutual respect.

ARABS AND MUSLIMS IN ISRAEL

The freest Arabs, Christians, Jews and Muslims in Mideast are Israelis
Arabs in Israel have equal rights under the law
Arabs in Israel can vote for whoever they want
Arabs in Israel can worship freely
Arabs in Israel are entitled to the full same state education as all other Israelis
Arabs are members of the Israeli parliament and ministers in the government

Israeli society gives more opportunity to Arabs than do Arab states to their own citizens. Israeli Arabs and Muslims have the right to vote and to hold public office, like every other Israeli citizen. Nearly one-10th of the Knesset, Israel's parliament, is Arab; there is a mosque in the Knesset building for those who are Muslim. One of the justices of Israel's Supreme Court is an Arab Muslim; so is a minister in the Israeli cabinet. Arabs are active in Israeli commerce, media, education, and law.

That website is a joke, just read the About Us section and scroll to the bottom. It's specifically a pro-Israel anti-Arab and Iran website.

Back
Top Bottom