Israel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably the most salient point about Apartheid era South Africa is that they were on the 'right' side of the Cold War. That was about the beginning and end of it (not discounting actual racism among a number of prominent Anglosphere politicians of the era).

The ironic thing is so was Rhodesia and SA pretty much threw them to the wolves to save their own butts.

hitler and the nazi party were also democratically elected. learn some history ffs. aren't you a school teacher?

Yes they were and actually part of it was the Great Depression which hit Europe. Germany was riding high on the hog till the crash and the same problems occurred....People with no hope etc. If the financial crash of Germany had not occurred Hitlers appeal would not have been their so much.

Check out a documentary from The History Channel called the rise and fall of the Third Reich. It has a lot of footage & archival stuff from people who lived in German during the time. A lot of Germans though Hitler was kind of a schmuck in the beginning.(1920's)

Israel straight up has Jewish only roads in the West Bank. Israel can't claim to be the only democracy in the Middle East when they have an apartheid system in place. It's not democracy if you only have freedom and liberty for some people.

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a mess. Both sides are guilty of many harmful actions. It's one of those issues that isn't cut and dry, however I tend to lean towards the Palestinian side simply because Israel straight up took land from people and is bulldozing homes and communities to make way for settlers. That isn't right.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

no no no (brit?) get your history book (lol wiki..) Israel was fashioned as a Nation by the World, lead by England to create a safe haven for the Jews (Zionists) who were escaping that HORRID and I do mean nasty Holocaust. they swam to shore off boats from (Crete?) and went right to work fighting off the swarm of arabs claiming they owned the land...Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - later to become "Israel" lived in Canaan way back and returned after Exodus! (read bible, 1st five books) and then flip to Matthew in the New Testament! Cheer, Debra S & John Cusack, lol here I get whipped :)

wait a sec, did you seriously just suggest using *the pentateuch and the book of matthew* as bona fide historical sources, in the exact same post where you laughed at someone for using wikipedia?

wow.

:lmao:

Last edited:
wait a sec, did you seriously just suggest using *the pentateuch and the book of matthew* as bona fide historical sources, in the exact same post where you laughed at someone for using wikipedia?

wow.

:lmao:

I honestly did not understand half of her post, it's not worth responding to.

I'm actually taking a class on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and we have to do a three week long negotiation session. We each get characters and of course I get the former head of the political bureau of Hamas...a man who believes the Holocaust never happened and supports attacks against Israel. I side with the Palestinians in the conflict, but my god Hamas is fucking terrible.

On this one question, what difference does it make? By omission, the US has accepted a one state solution for decades. If it was serious about a 'two state solution', it had ample opportunities, over the course of decades to hold Israel's feet to the fire. It never did. The reality, the future, is a single state with Palestinians as citizens in equal standing, or as a permanently oppressed underclass in city-prisons. What 'country' is even left for them? A patchwork of non-contiguous ghettos?

It really doesn't matter what anyone in the US government says, the ship sailed long ago.

Back
Top Bottom