Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neither should, neither rationally does. It could only stir up people who already tend towards hostile stereotypes. But why risk giving them the ammo? No one needs the attention-getter of hanging a candidate for national office in effigy on their lawn.

oh, i hear you.

i'm just weary of being "on notice."

And write really good piano pop music.

Never forget.

we just want to be loved by you.

elton-john.jpg

True story: I didn't realize that Elton was gay until I was 15.

On topic (I know this is not like me): Perhaps its because I'm getting older, but I have been really turned off by the polarizing rhetoric this campaign. More by supporters than by the candidates.

Those fucking republicans are so wrong, I wish we could send them to an island and bomb it. Idiots.

I never dated a girl with a big nose, but I once dated a girl who could swivel her head nearly all the way round.

She also had claws, but that goes without saying. Never took her for an owl though.

It's a good thing I ended up with Princess Leia though.
Even though she's kind of small. The plastic is malleable when you heat it.

Somebody dig up some past associations of Joe The Plumber. Maybe he's got some videotapes too.

BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (CNN) – Sarah Palin thrust Barack Obama’s relationship with a Palestinian academic into the national spotlight on Wednesday at a rally in Ohio — a tactic reminiscent of her repeated attempts to tie Obama to former radical William Ayers.

Palin kicked off her rally in Bowling Green by stressing, as she always does, that “it is not negative campaigning to call someone out on their record.” In recent weeks Palin has used that line to open up an attack on Obama’s tax plans. On Wednesday, she tried something different.

“It seems that there is yet another radical professor from the neighborhood who spent a lot of time with Barack Obama going back several years,” Palin said. “This is important because his associate, Rashid Khalidi, he, in addition to being a political ally of Barack Obama, he's a former spokesperson for the Paliestinian Liberation Organization.”

Khalidi — whose name Palin mispronounced — is currently a leading scholar of Middle Eastern Studies at Columbia University, and was a contemporary of Obama’s while on faculty at the University of Chicago.

Khalidi has been a stern critic of United States foreign policy towards Israel and has accused the country of “occupying” Palestinian territories, but he has denied acting as a spokesman for the PLO

No need to check on Joe, just check out McCain's past associations . . . to, um, some guy :whistle:

boston.com

Posted by Foon Rhee, deputy national political editor October 31, 2008 10:02 AM

Sarah Palin continues to draw enthusiastic crowds, usually bigger than her running mate's, but there are new signs that her selection as the Republican vice presidential nominee is backfiring.

A New York Times/CBS News poll published today found that increasing numbers of voters have doubts about Palin's readiness; 59 percent of voters said she was not qualified to be vice president, and nearly a third said the candidates' VP picks would be a major factor in their vote.

And former Secretary of State Lawrence Eagleburger, whose endorsement John McCain has brandished to rebut Colin Powell's support of Barack Obama, strayed way off message.

In an interview Thursday with National Public Radio, Eagleburger was asked whether Palin could assume the presidency during a crisis.

"It is a very good question," he said before pausing and adding with a chuckle: "I'm being facetious here. Look, of course not."

"I don't think at the moment she is prepared to take over the reigns of the presidency. I can name for you any number of other vice presidents who were not particularly up to it either. So the question, I think, is can she learn and would she be tough enough under the circumstances if she were asked to become president, heaven forbid that that ever takes place?

"Give her some time in the office and I think the answer would be, she will be [pause] adequate. I can't say that she would be a genius in the job. But I think she would be enough to get us through a four year... well I hope not... get us through whatever period of time was necessary. And I devoutly hope that it would never be tested."

ABC News, Oct. 31

In a conservative radio interview that aired in Washington, D.C. Friday morning, Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin said she fears her First Amendment rights may be threatened by "attacks" from reporters who suggest she is engaging in a negative campaign against Barack Obama.

Palin told WMAL-AM that her criticism of Obama's associations, like those with 1960s radical Bill Ayers and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, should not be considered negative attacks. Rather, for reporters or columnists to suggest that it is going negative may constitute an attack that threatens a candidate's free speech rights under the Constitution, Palin said.

"If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations," Palin told host Chris Plante, "then I don't know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media."

However she feels about the way her story has been told in the press, Palin told WMAL she is not discouraged.

"It's sort of perplexing to me, because I'm a practical person and plainspoken also, but just cutting to the chase and calling things like I see them, just like most Americans. But this has not left a bitter taste in my mouth, the bitter shots taken by the mainstream media and by some of the elitism there in Washington," Palin said.
Obviously the intended point had to do with media bias, but to frame it in terms of the First Amendment... :coocoo: .

I can't believe that McCain - Palin continue to rationalize their negative campaigning about tired issues that have been answered ages ago, while claiming that Obama is even more negative, when he and his campaign have failed to bring up the breach of ethics/abuse of power verdict against her, along with any of the other eleventy billion "-gates" that have become associated with her and her governorship.

She sometimes makes George look smart... The Republicans must be proud.

I think that was McCain's sole reason for choosing her. He figured since he was going to spend the next months of the campaign trashing W (at least 10% of the time), he'd at least throw Bush a bone by picking a person that could even make him look intelligent. Give poor Johnny some credit. It's not easy finding someone more dumb than Bush.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom