Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you're a woman and you agree with Palin that dinosaurs roamed the earth next to Adam and Eve and you also think that essentially every major genetic discovery which was done on the drosophila fly should be cut because ain't it hilarious that we're funding fruit fly research, and you also think the VP is in charge of the senate, and you also can't name a single paper or magazine that you read, and you also think that you have foreign policy experience because you can see the city of Saskatoon from your front porch, and you also happen to be conservative, then yes you are most certainly stupid. And nobody should make apologies for you.

And if you are a man and believe all those things, you're equally as stupid.

If you're a woman and you agree with Palin that dinosaurs roamed the earth next to Adam and Eve and you also think that essentially every major genetic discovery which was done on the drosophila fly should be cut because ain't it hilarious that we're funding fruit fly research, and you also think the VP is in charge of the senate, and you also can't name a single paper or magazine that you read, and you also think that you have foreign policy experience because you can see the city of Saskatoon from your front porch, and you also happen to be conservative, then yes you are most certainly stupid. And nobody should make apologies for you.

And if you are a man and believe all those things, you're equally as stupid.

The problem with this logic is that it can also be applied to the Democrat
party.

So, if for example you were a Democrat back in 2000 and you said: "Easy! We'll beat him, no sweat. Bush is the stupidest person in the universe ever!" and then, having lost in 2000, you came back in 2004 and you STILL said "Easy! We'll beat him, no sweat. Bush is the stupidest person in the universe ever!" - and , in spite of all that, you STILL think Bush is the stupidest person in the universe ever, well, what does that make you - and I don't mean this personally, of course, I am making the general point.

Three elections, and assuming Obama wins this, the Democrats will have one out of the last three.

One out of three is a fail, unfortunately.

Which ones, then?

Stupid is who does stupid things. :)

I don't call Palin stupid. I neither say being or acting stupid is something exclusive to conservative women (or men). Dim was a pretty fitting description so far.
Alternatively: intelligence-averse. ;)

I don't see what that has to do with anything.

I don't remember anybody really believing that Bush would be beaten, no sweat. I actually thought he'd win in 2000 (legitimately). And in 2004, I would think that most people thought he'd be beaten not because he was stupid (since that didn't prevent him getting elected in the first place) but because of the state of the war, the state of the US internationally and generally what he'd done to the country in the 4 years.

All that aside, I don't even understand why you'd bring up this example. I happen to think that Palin is absolutely stupid and I'm totally unapologetic about it. I am not saying she won't win because she's stupid, I'm just saying that anybody who agrees with those views she holds is by definition as stupid as she is in my eyes.

I full well believe that she can get elected in many places in the US regardless of her stupidity.

party.

So, if for example you were a Democrat back in 2000 and you said: "Easy! We'll beat him, no sweat. Bush is the stupidest person in the universe ever!" and then, having lost in 2000, you came back in 2004 and you STILL said "Easy! We'll beat him, no sweat. Bush is the stupidest person in the universe ever!" - and , in spite of all that, you STILL think Bush is the stupidest person in the universe ever, well, what does that make you - and I don't mean this personally, of course, I am making the general point.

Three elections, and assuming Obama wins this, the Democrats will have one out of the last three.

Well Bushie won because there are lots of stupid conservatives in the US. :)

Well Bushie won because there are lots of stupid conservatives in the US. :)

My dad is not stupid, but he voted for Bush both times. Out of a sense of religious obligation to the Pro-Life candidate. Did it serve his best overall interests to vote for Bush? Absolutely not. So I wouldn't necessarily say that stupid is the best description. Gullible seems more apt.

My dad is not stupid, but he voted for Bush both times. Out of a sense of religious obligation to the Pro-Life candidate. Did it serve his best overall interests to vote for Bush? Absolutely not. So I wouldn't necessarily say that stupid is the best description. Gullible seems more apt.

as some would say............

voting against their best interests.........

Palin is sort of stupid, it seems

she can come off as at ffierst as "together" because she has her training in beauty contest poise, and SPorts journalism......

so she's starts off as telegenic.....

party.

Three of the last Five isn't

You're right, it IS easy......

I was in the same situation with my Dad, God rest his soul.
Stupid? No way.
Set in his ways and unchangeable? Yep.

He didn't live to see the end of W's 2nd term; I like to tell myself that even he would've disapproved.

There's never one set reason why people vote for a certain candidate.

Some people will vote out of their best interests.

Some people will be stubborn over something and vote against their interests.

Some people will desire to have their "values" represented and vote accordingly.

Some people will vote to make a statement.

That goes for all candidates' voters.

It's over, but not how you'd think

McCain guarantees victory - Yahoo! News

That's a misleading headline. Reading the article the only mention of guarantee is here:

"I guarantee you that two weeks from now, you will see this has been a very close race, and I believe that I'm going to win it,” McCain told interim "Meet" moderator Tom Brokaw. “We're going to do well in this campaign, my friend. We're going to win it, and it's going to be tight, and we're going to be up late.”

He thinks he's going to win (I mean, would a presidential candidate ever publicly say otherwise?) and guarantees that it's going to be a close race.

I just can't believe people are still undecided. It's not like the two candidates are indistinguishable. :rolleyes:

Some people think neither candidate best represents them or will lead the country in a positive direction. :shrug:
I can understand that. 2009 is going to be an economically tumultuous year no matter who gets elected and a lot of people are disheartened about politicians and the things that they promise and will not deliver. It's safe to say that neither candidate is going to live up to many of the things they are talking about right now.

Back
Top Bottom