Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone knows she's already thinking about 2012. Maybe she could pick Pat Buchanan as her running mate since he seems to be such a big fan.

Palin/Buchanan '12! The most terrifying ticket in our nation's history!

Seriously though, she won't make it out of the primaries. She won't beat Romney and/or Huckabee.

I hope never to see or hear this woman again after November 5th. Be gone! What an insult she was.

Everyone knows she's already thinking about 2012. Maybe she could pick Pat Buchanan as her running mate since he seems to be such a big fan.

Palin/Buchanan '12! The most terrifying ticket in our nation's history!

Seriously though, she won't make it out of the primaries. She won't beat Romney and/or Huckabee.
Last time I checked Buchanan shared more in common with the stoppers in FYM than the neo-conservatives or this Republican ticket.

Somehow, I don't think Jane the engineer spends this much on makeup....

Palin’s Makeup Stylist Fetches Highest Salary in 2-Week Period - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

" Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October as it headed down the homestretch?

Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staff member. It was Amy Strozzi, who was identified by the Washington Post this week as Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

Ms. Strozzi, who was nominated for an Emmy award for her makeup work on the television show “So You Think You Can Dance?”, was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone, according to the records. The campaign categorized Ms. Strozzi’s payment as “PERSONNEL SVC/EQUIPMENT.”

The payment on Oct. 10 made Ms. Strozzi the single highest-paid individual in the campaign for that two-week period. (There were more than two dozen companies that got larger payments than Ms. Strozzi). She easily beat out Mr. Scheunemann, who received $12,500 in the first half of October, and Ms. Wallace, who got $12,000.

In September, Ms. Strozzi was also paid $13,200 for “communications consulting.” But several individuals were paid more by the McCain campaign that month, including Mike DuHaime, the political director, who received $25,000 for “GOTV CONSULTING,” and Mark Salter, one of Mr. McCain’s senior advisers, who got $13,224 in salary.

There has been much scrutiny this week, of course, over the $150,000 Republican National Committee spent outfitting Ms. Palin in September at high-end department stores like Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, as well as for makeup services.

The campaign finance reports filed on Thursday night, which showed the McCain campaign and the R.N.C. had about $84 million left in the bank on Oct. 15, did not immediately appear to show any similar payments in the first half of October."

I demand to see her original birth certificate, if it's not hand carried to my office in the next 30 minutes it must be fake and I hereby declare she is Canadian.

Perhaps, but she might end up on the VP ticket.

Just imagine Sarah as VP on every repub ticket for the next 20 years. :lol:

Maybe that was Palin's "price" for agreeing to run on this ticket. "Fine, ruin my political career by putting me on a ticket with McSame, but it's gonna cost you, you betcha!"

I predict that when she's finished with her term as Governor - maybe even before - she's going to get a plumb deal to host a talk show, so this won't be the last we hear of her...

She was probably actually born in Russia, and crawled over to Alaska. They're neighboring countries, you know.

Palin’s Makeup Stylist Fetches Highest Salary in 2-Week Period - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

" Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October as it headed down the homestretch?

Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staff member. It was Amy Strozzi, who was identified by the Washington Post this week as Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

I saw her on tv the other night, and thought to myself that her makeup was very heavy, and that she looked like she'd been tarted up to appeal to all those REAL AMERICAN men.

Maybe the woman is charging by volume of makeup used?

Calling Triumph the insult comic dog........

abc.com

Palin Saying Flap Because of Her Gender
She Hasn't Worn Most of the Clothes
By BRENDAN FARRINGTON

ORMOND BEACH, Fla. Oct. 24, 2008—

Sarah Palin is blaming gender bias for the controversy over $150,000 worth of designer clothes, hairstyling and accessories the Republican Party provided for her, a newspaper reported Thursday.

"I think Hillary Clinton was held to a different standard in her primary race," Palin said in an interview with the Chicago Tribune posted on the newspaper's Web site Thursday night. "Do you remember the conversations that took place about her, say superficial things that they don't talk about with men, her wardrobe and her hairstyles, all of that? That's a bit of that double standard."

Palin, who is John McCain's vice presidential running mate, said the clothes were not worth $150,000 and were bought for the Republican National Convention.

Most of the clothes have never left the campaign plane, she told the newspaper.

"It's kind of painful to be criticized for something when all the facts are not out there and are not reported," Palin said.

"That whole thing is just, bad!" she said. "Oh, if people only knew how frugal we are."

News of the purchases of designer clothes, largely from upscale Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, contrasts with the image Palin has crafted as a typical "hockey mom."

McCain was asked several questions on Thursday about the shopping spree -- and he answered each one more or less the same way: Palin needed clothes and they'll be donated to charity.

"She needed clothes at the time. They'll be donated at end of this campaign. They'll be donated to charity," McCain told reporters on his campaign bus between Florida rallies.

Asked for details on how they'll be donated, McCain said, "It works by her getting some clothes when she was made the nominee of the party and it will be donated back to charity."

Asked if he was surprised at the amount spent, McCain said, "It works that the clothes will be donated to charity. Nothing surprises me."

McCain offered no further comment, except to say that the Republican National Committee doesn't buy his clothes.

Also on Thursday, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics, a private watchdog group in Washington, filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission against Palin, the Republican National Committee and several political operatives alleging that the purchase of clothing for Palin and her family violates Federal Election Campaign Act.

The law prohibits a candidate for federal office from converting campaign funds to personal use. CREW notes that FEC regulations make clear the prohibition applies to clothing but also provide that donations by candidates to charity are not for personal use. CREW argued this exception might apply to Palin's clothes but doesn't appear to apply to clothes for her family.

Asked Wednesday who had paid for the suit he was wearing, Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden told WSLS-TV in Roanoke, Va.: "I pay for my suits. I pay for all of my own clothing."

While I will say that women candidates do get scutinized far more on the superficial level (and boo to that), it's a shame she's resorting to that to try and explain away this latest kerfuffle.

Yeah, I don't think anyone begrudges her new clothing. Let's face it, to put yourself on public display to that degree, you need to look your best, and of everyone running, I'm sure she's the least wealthy. But that $150,000 figure is just beyond comprehension to the typical citizen. Couldn't they have allotted a budget of $20,000, and shopped at less exclusive chains? 20 outfits at $1,000 each that can be mixed and matched is very do-able.

People are just sick of the hypocrisy, but the campaign needs to paint it as being unfair scrutiny.

1. Men don't get scrutinized for paying $150,000 for clothing in a shopping spree because they don't buy clothes for $150,000 in one shopping spree. :wink:
2. So they bought her all those clothes and she justifies that by saying "they didn't even leave the plane", meaning they were bought and not even used?
3. If they wanted to make a generous donation, those $150,000 would buy far more needed goods in far higher amounts than upscale gala clothing. And it doesn't really justify using so much money in donations for some personal clothing.
4. So the first the Governor of Alaska (as well as her family) needed after being nominated as future VP was clothing? Wow, I didn't know living conditions in Alaska were that bad that even the Governor doesn't already have, or could not afford herself, some nice clothing.

Very frugal, indeed.

The best part is McCain's lack of creativity and of coming up with answers when asked about it:

McCain was asked several questions on Thursday about the shopping spree -- and he answered each one more or less the same way: Palin needed clothes and they'll be donated to charity.

"She needed clothes at the time. They'll be donated at end of this campaign. They'll be donated to charity," McCain told reporters on his campaign bus between Florida rallies.

Asked for details on how they'll be donated, McCain said, "It works by her getting some clothes when she was made the nominee of the party and it will be donated back to charity."

Asked if he was surprised at the amount spent, McCain said, "It works that the clothes will be donated to charity. Nothing surprises me."

Just as McCain has tried to distance himself from Bush, it looks like Palin has realized that her only chance to come out of this with any sort of political future is to distance herself from McCain.

Palin's 'going rogue,' McCain aide says

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (CNN) -- With 10 days until Election Day, long-brewing tensions between GOP vice presidential candidate Gov. Sarah Palin and key aides to Sen. John McCain have become so intense, they are spilling out in public, sources say.

Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN that they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Palin "going rogue."

A Palin associate, however, said the candidate is simply trying to "bust free" of what she believes was a damaging and mismanaged roll-out.

McCain sources say Palin has gone off-message several times, and they privately wonder whether the incidents were deliberate. They cited an instance in which she labeled robocalls -- recorded messages often used to attack a candidate's opponent -- "irritating" even as the campaign defended their use. Also, they pointed to her telling reporters she disagreed with the campaign's decision to pull out of Michigan.

A second McCain source says she appears to be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

"She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone," said this McCain adviser. "She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else.

"Also, she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: Divas trust only unto themselves, as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom."

More...

I wonder if they're now sorry they went with her.

I wonder if they're now sorry they went with her.

It's about time they joined the rest of us in feeling that sentiment.:lol:

Here's a great article from Matt Taibbi's new blog on RollingStone.com I quoted my favorite part, but the whole thing is worth reading.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/23638607/the_death_of_a_red_state

This is why the makeover of someone like Marilyn Musgrave might be too little, too late. Racism and prejudice have festered at the core of the political identity of a generation of Republicans; you can't simply excise those qualities from them overnight. Back them into a corner and they always produce a Willie Horton or a Bill Ayers or some other contagious graduate of the "University of Negroes and Communists" (as Jesse Helms once called his home-state school, UNC) ready to infect that never-was paradise of white culture with "crime" or "irresponsibility" or whatever the code word happens to be this week. They're trying it even now, with the McCain campaign running ads showing Obama next to photos of a former Fannie Mae chairman who happens to be black but was never an adviser to Obama. "Shocking," says the ad, as shots of the two black men fade to a picture of an aggrieved elderly white woman.

These tactics almost always worked in the past and have carried more than one man into the most powerful office in the world. But they were a house of cards all along, with no substance behind them, and when they are at last put to a vote next month, they'll blow away forever. That's what happens with weak ideas: They don't die a slow, lingering death but lose their power all at once, like a broken spell.

Back
Top Bottom