Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got that. My sentiment was one of agreement. ;)

Speaking of which, can we make this ;) smiley now : palin :? That's on my list of smiley changes, as well as making :| called : bvs :.

He's known around these parts as Fake Plastic Romney.

GuySmiley.jpg

Palin would have no chance of winning. Zero.

My mother: "It would be like nominating me, someone who's never been in politics in her life."
Me: "They just had a poll, and it said 64% of Republicans would support her for the nomination in '12."
My mother: [jaw drops] "Holy crap."

My mother doesn't allow swearing in her household.

Like someone said earlier - it'll all depend on the mood and the state of the country in 2012. You never know what will happen in the next four years. If in fact Palin runs in 2012 they'll be more than your Mom's jaw dropping. Given the absolute hatred of her by the liberal media (ya ya, I'm liberal but I know hatred when I see it), the underhanded rumour mongering of the Romney factions and the pitiful attempts by country club Republicans to utterly destroy her will have the exact opposite effect. If we're not lucky she will make such a comeback in 2012 or 2016 that it will overshadow the victory of Ronald Reagan in 1980. Call it a gut feeling. Call it what you will. We have not, I repeat not, heard the last of this woman. Laugh all you want now, something is afoot here.

I don't think we've heard the last of her.

But I also don't think she's savvy enough politically or bright enough to compete in the Republican primary. More importantly, she isn't connected enough to the right people, and has no real access to wealth. And even more to the point, she will certainly be a vote splitter with Huckabee, who is as batshit crazy as she is when it comes to religion, but he is NOT a divisive figure AND the media loves him.

So if Mittens doesn't destroy her with his used car salesmanship and bury her with his wealth, and if Jindal doesn't run as Obama Part Deux, and if Huckabee doesn't eat away half her votes, and if Newt Gingrich doesn't decide to resurrect himself, then you will still have the problem that more than half the electorate thinks she's a bloody moron.

I just think she'll get eaten alive in the primary.

Although, if all she has to do is give speeches, no interviews without the questions first, and zero debates..... she has a shot.

Like someone said earlier - it'll all depend on the mood and the state of the country in 2012. You never know what will happen in the next four years. If in fact Palin runs in 2012 they'll be more than your Mom's jaw dropping. Given the absolute hatred of her by the liberal media (ya ya, I'm liberal but I know hatred when I see it), the underhanded rumour mongering of the Romney factions and the pitiful attempts by country club Republicans to utterly destroy her will have the exact opposite effect. If we're not lucky she will make such a comeback in 2012 or 2016 that it will overshadow the victory of Ronald Reagan in 1980. Call it a gut feeling. Call it what you will. We have not, I repeat not, heard the last of this woman. Laugh all you want now, something is afoot here.

What?

I do believe she has had her fifteen minutes

I don't think we've heard the last of her.

I go with Anitram's view here. Don't count her out yet. She may be in the spotlight again sooner than you think.

The Senate race for Alaska hasn't been decided yet. It's between Ted Stevens (R) and Mark Begich (D), with Stevens leading by 4,000 votes (and about 70,000 absentee ballots still to be counted). Why is this significant? Ted Stevens has been convicted a few weeks ago of corruption charges. If he wins, then he will be expelled from the Senate (and Republicans will probably vote against their own party member, Ouch!), resulting a new, special, election in Alaska to determine the new Senator. Who will probably be the new Republican nominee? How about a very popular Governor with the name Sarah Palin?

Tina Fey, don't throw away those props yet...

Oh, Sarah Palin will be a US Senator in two years' time.

We were talking about the likelihood of her taking Stevens' spot in my U.S. Campaigns and Elections class, and I'm almost positive the party will nominate her for the position. As for me, I can't wait to see the Senate take her down. Hopefully, she'll be seen as the joke that she is...

(CNN) — As Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin heads to Florida to attend the Republican Governors Association annual conference in Miami, she says she'd consider a run for the White House in 2012 or beyond.

Less than one week after the victory by Barack Obama and Joe Biden over the GOP ticket in the presidential election, John McCain's running mate is speaking out about her political future in national politics.

"Don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is and even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll just plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door. And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News Monday.

Palin will be with her fellow Republican governors on Wednesday and Thursday as they meet in Miami. In the crowd will be other possible contenders for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Palin also sits down Wednesday for a one on one interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. Tune into the Situation Room, starting at 4 pm ET Wednesday to see Wolf's candid conversation with Palin.

She's got 4 years to try and learn our history and the laws. Good luck, cause she is an idiot.

From The Daily Show last week:

"Sarah Palin is so dumb, she thinks that soy milk is Spanish for "I am milk!"

:lol: Sorry, I laughed a good minute or so at that one.

YES! I could not stop laughing at that one. Brilliant!:lol: I also loved "Sarah Palin is so dumb, she thinks Lincoln's vice president was named Town Car.:laugh:

By RICHARD PEREZ-PENA
New York Times, November 12, 2008

It was among the juicier post-election recriminations: Fox News Channel quoted an unnamed McCain campaign figure as saying that Sarah Palin did not know that Africa was a continent. Who would say such a thing? On Monday the answer popped up on a blog and popped out of the mouth of David Shuster, an MSNBC anchor. “Turns out it was Martin Eisenstadt, a McCain policy adviser, who has come forward today to identify himself as the source of the leaks,” Mr. Shuster said.

Trouble is, Martin Eisenstadt doesn’t exist. His blog does, but it’s a put-on. The think tank where he is a senior fellow—the Harding Institute for Freedom and Democracy—is just a Web site. The TV clips of him on YouTube are fakes.
And the claim of credit for the Africa anecdote is just the latest ruse by Eisenstadt, who turns out to be a very elaborate hoax that has been going on for months. MSNBC, which quickly corrected the mistake, has plenty of company in being taken in by an Eisenstadt hoax, including The New Republic and The Los Angeles Times.

Now a pair of obscure filmmakers say they created Martin Eisenstadt to help them pitch a TV show based on the character. But under the circumstances, why should anyone believe a word they say? “That’s a really good question,” one of the two, Eitan Gorlin, said with a laugh...They say the blame lies not with them but with shoddiness in the traditional news media and especially the blogosphere. “With the 24-hour news cycle they rush into anything they can find,” said Mr. Mirvish, 40. Mr. Gorlin, 39, argued that Eisenstadt was no more of a joke than half the bloggers or political commentators on the Internet or television.

An MSNBC spokesman, Jeremy Gaines, explained the network’s misstep by saying someone in the newsroom received the Palin item in an e-mail message from a colleague and assumed it had been checked out. “It had not been vetted,” he said. “It should not have made air.”

But most of Eisenstadt’s victims have been bloggers, a reflection of the sloppy speed at which any tidbit, no matter how specious, can bounce around the Internet. And they fell for the fake material despite ample warnings online about Eisenstadt, including the work of one blogger who spent months chasing the illusion around cyberspace, trying to debunk it.

The hoax began a year ago with short videos of a parking valet character, who Mr. Gorlin and Mr. Mirvish said was the original idea for a TV series. Soon there were videos showing him driving a car while spouting offensive, opinionated nonsense in praise of Rudolph W. Giuliani. Those videos attracted tens of thousands of Internet hits and a bit of news media attention. When Mr. Giuliani dropped out of the presidential race, the character morphed into Eisenstadt, a parody of a blowhard cable news commentator. Mr. Gorlin said they chose the name because “all the neocons in the Bush administration had Jewish last names and Christian first names.” Eisenstadt became an adviser to Senator John McCain and got a blog, updated occasionally with comments claiming insider knowledge, and other bloggers began quoting and linking to it. It mixed weird-but-true items with false ones that were plausible, if just barely. The inventors fabricated the Harding Institute, named for one of the most scorned presidents, and made Eisenstadt a senior fellow.

...In July, after the McCain campaign compared Senator Barack Obama to Paris Hilton, the Eisenstadt blog said “the phone was burning off the hook” at McCain headquarters, with angry calls from Ms. Hilton’s grandfather and others. A Los Angeles Times political blog, among others, retold the story, citing Eisenstadt by name and linking to his blog. Last month Eisenstadt blogged that Samuel J. Wurzelbacher, Joe the Plumber, was closely related to Charles Keating, the disgraced former savings and loan chief. It wasn’t true, but other bloggers ran with it. Among those taken in by Monday’s confession about the Palin Africa report was The New Republic’s political blog. Later the magazine posted this atop the entry: “Oy—this would appear to be a hoax. Apologies.”

But the truth was out for all to see long before the big-name take-downs. For months sourcewatch.org has identified Martin Eisenstadt as a hoax. When Mr. Stein was the victim, he blogged that “there was enough info on the Web that I should have sussed this thing out.”

And then there is William K. Wolfrum, a blogger who has played Javert to Eisenstadt’s Valjean, tracking the hoaxster across cyberspace and repeatedly debunking his claims. Mr. Gorlin and Mr. Mirvish praised his tenacity, adding that the news media could learn something from him. “As if there isn’t enough misinformation on this election, it was shocking to see so much time wasted on things that didn’t exist,” Mr. Wolfrum said in an interview.”

Why am I not surprised...

Fox's Carl Cameron should apologize. And then MSNBC's Chris Matthews should apologize. Matthews, in his glee, has run hack segments on the Palin/Africa thing for nights. Post-election, no less.

Fox's Carl Cameron should apologize. And then MSNBC's Chris Matthews should apologize. Matthews, in his glee, has run hack segments on the Palin/Africa thing for nights. Post-election, no less.

So far there is no need to apologize. The claim that this Mr Eisenstadt (Ironcity ;)) was the source got proven wrong, nothing about whether Palin really was clueless about that.

I hope she wasn't, nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom