Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And is she seriously a contender? Right now, she's well-known but maintaining that for four more years will take some effort, intellectual effort she may not be able to manage.

I think she's done enough damage to herself this election that she'll never be able to rebound from it, and the best she can hope for is continued support from the base. We all know that's not nearly enough.

they're laying the groundwork for Mittens in '12, no doubt. and they want to take her out early. Mittens seems to be the best Republican for the job right now, in the sense that he's socially conservative and at least well-schooled in economics.

granted, more than half the country finds him quite loathsome, and a good half of the Republican base thinks that Mormons are no better than Scientologists, but they've got 4 years to work on that i guess.

they're laying the groundwork for Mittens in '12, no doubt. and they want to take her out early. Mittens seems to be the best Republican for the job right now, in the sense that he's socially conservative and at least well-schooled in economics.

granted, more than half the country finds him quite loathsome, and a good half of the Republican base thinks that Mormons are no better than Scientologists, but they've got 4 years to work on that i guess.

The dittoheads are really on the Palin bandwagon, should be fun to watch them decide what they want to be, right now they're too focused on stabbing each other in the back.

Here's to Palin in 2012 !

And what of the irony of the Mormons getting the harsh end of the bigot-stick from "their own", that should be interesting to watch too in a twisted train-wreck kinda way.

And what of the irony of the Mormons getting the harsh end of the bigot-stick from "their own", that should be interesting to watch too in a twisted train-wreck kinda way.

this was part of the subtext of Proposition 8 in California.

the Mormon Church thinks it can win some credibility as being "real" Christians if the kick the shit out of gay people.

Interesting

Former Romney staffers behind Palin trashing | The Palmetto Scoop

The sources said nearly 80 percent of Romney’s former staff was absorbed by McCain and these individuals were responsible for what amounts to a premeditated, last-minute sabotage of Palin.

FOX News Channel reported Wednesday that some staffers intentionally leaked negative information to the media about Palin in the final hours of the campaign that painted the Alaska governor as naive, incompetent, and needy. And my sources said that all of those leaks came from the Romney faction of the McCain campaign.

But why would they want to bury the person for whom they were working?

Because they reportedly realized that, regardless of a McCain win or loss, Palin would be a serious contender for the Republican nomination in 2012 or 2016. And that made her a threat to a possible second run by Romney. You do the math.

I like these guys :up:

Romney's a douchebag, but I don't think he's nearly as dangerous as Palin is to society.

America is ready to elect a black man to the Presidency but the Republicans WILL NEVER ELECT A MORMON to lead the party. They just won't. Period.

But did she really know she was unprepared?

I would question that. Allegedly, she thought she would be prepared for doing the Couric interview. And after the interview she went on to blame the interviewer, not the interviewed. I think she is so convinced of herself she just blends out that she can't do the job.

I would question that. Allegedly, she thought she would be prepared for doing the Couric interview. And after the interview she went on to blame the interviewer, not the interviewed. I think she is so convinced of herself she just blends out that she can't do the job.

According to the campaign, she refused help in preparing for the Couric interview even though it was offered. She then blamed Katie Couric and her handlers and advisers for not preparing her.:doh:

According to the campaign, she refused help in preparing for the Couric interview even though it was offered. She then blamed Katie Couric and her handlers and advisers for not preparing her.:doh:

Exactly. I think that tells a whole lot of her self-conception.

You DO mean self-perception I hope.......

Ah shit, I knew something was wrong with that. I'm sorry.

The newspaper question, of course, was bad handled by her. She wasn't quick enough to come up with just naming some papers, no matter if she ever read them or not.

If she really wasn't aware of NAFTA and the countries involved or that Africa was a continent and South Africa a sovereign nation then I seriously question how anyone could view her of being even in the slightest worthy of becoming Vice President, no matter your party affiliation.

If she really wasn't aware of NAFTA and the countries involved or that Africa was a continent and South Africa a sovereign nation then I seriously question how anyone could view her of being even in the slightest worthy of becoming Vice President, no matter your party affiliation.

Unless the average Palin supporter doesn't know the answers either and feels a little self-conscious about it. :hmm: Then you might think she's just fine.

I guess in such cases I have to accept that some people think like that. On the other hand, you have people in this forum who know perfectly well about Nafta, the role of the Vice President or the world outside Alaska, and still wouldn't mind this clueless woman gaining such an important position. I just cannot understand that.

Even considering a person with such a lack of knowledge for a political position above town level is too much.

I guess in such cases I have to accept that some people think like that. On the other hand, you have people in this forum who know perfectly well about Nafta, the role of the Vice President or the world outside Alaska, and still wouldn't mind this clueless woman gaining such an important position. I just cannot understand that.

Me neither.

If Palin runs against Obama in 2012, we'll have a repeat of Reagan/Mondale with the winning and losing parties being reversed. 64% of Republicans might like Palin, but almost 100% of moderates, independents, and Democrats think she's too far right, unqualified, and ignorant. You can't win an election with just your base. You'd think the Repubs would've learned that this year.

She's on their minds right now; she's in the news.

Did 64% of Republicans vote for her?

I'm just hoping she's more successful than Dan Quayle if she runs.

Quayle never recovered from his stint as VP.

The GOP needs to choose its candidate wisely in 2012. They'll have a very good opportunity to win, I think. The next four years are certainly going to get worse before they get better, and plenty of people will blame Obama for that, despite it being the effects of Bush's policies. Which means the GOP will have a fighting chance next time around.

The GOP needs to choose its candidate wisely in 2012. They'll have a very good opportunity to win, I think. The next four years are certainly going to get worse before they get better, and plenty of people will blame Obama for that, despite it being the effects of Bush's policies. Which means the GOP will have a fighting chance next time around.

Then I support Palin in 2012. :wink: :up:

Palin would have no chance of winning. Zero.

My mother: "It would be like nominating me, someone who's never been in politics in her life."
Me: "They just had a poll, and it said 64% of Republicans would support her for the nomination in '12."
My mother: [jaw drops] "Holy crap."

My mother doesn't allow swearing in her household.

Back
Top Bottom