Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2880517689_40478c41ba.jpg

She thought Africa was a country.

Let me say that again:

LOL

My God........

Goodbye Sarah, we hardly knew ya.
:wave:

Wow... yeah somebody told me about this last night and... now that I've seen the news story.. WOW! What a catastrophe averted on Nov 4th!

Let it go.

It's not like we are beating a dead horse. New material and videos are coming up and we are commenting on those. And it's hard not to comment on something as crazy as the above!

That is epic win! right click-save.

i have to say, the woman is now a big star in a country that abhors intellectuals, science, knowledge, and other "elitist" things.

the fact that she thought Africa is a continent may well have been news to some of her supporters, or they might think that this doesn't really matter at all -- what matters is that she's "authentic," because that's all that matters.

"Elitist" to Palin supporter: 'can you believe she thought Africa was a country ?'

Palin Supporter - 'isn't it ?'

Maybe it's just me, but I would love to hear what was actually said and in what context. Is there a clip available? I have my doubts, because it's very easy for someone to not hear ONE word, and misunderstand what was said. Maybe Palin thought they were talking about South Africa, thought she heard the word "South", and then made her 'Africa is a country' statement. I could see how such a misunderstanding could take place. It's not like she thought Asia or Europe was a country, but a continent whose most developed country shares its name.

I just like to see or hear proof, rather than second-hand information from disgruntled McCain advisors or whoever, before making judgments.

Another thing mentioned on the morning news/shows this morning was the fact that McCain wanted to pick Lieberman as his running mate, but couldn't do it because Lieberman is pro-choice

Last edited:
Yes, and it's not like he made promises about putting country first or called himself a maverick. That's the only kind of person you'd expect to go ahead and pick someone like Lieberman.

Maybe it's just me, but I would love to hear what was actually said and in what context. Is there a clip available? I have my doubts, because it's very easy for someone to not hear ONE word, and misunderstand what was said. Maybe Palin thought they were talking about South Africa, thought she heard the word "South", and then made her 'Africa is a country' statement. I could see how such a misunderstanding could take place. It's not like she thought Asia or Europe was a country, but a continent whose most developed country shares its name.

I just like to see or hear proof, rather than second-hand information from disgruntled McCain advisors or whoever, before making judgments.

I can certainly see people in the McCain camp exaggerating a bit in their rush to distance themselves from Palin now that McCain has lost. I think Palin is appallingly ignorant for someone chosen to be a candidate for VP, but I have a hard time believing she could be THAT dumb.

I am baffled that such a staunch conservative is not aware of the concept of "American exceptionalism".

I think it's tacky, what the unnamed people in his campaign are doing to her now. I think it just reflects poorly on them. He picked her, it's his responsibility.

I think McCain's silence about it reflects poorly on him as well. He seems more than willing to let her take the heat, the blame-whatever you want to call it

I think McCain's silence about it reflects poorly on him as well. He seems more than willing to let her take the heat, the blame-whatever you want to call it

In his defense, he did take full responsibility for his loss in his concession speech. He at least "praised" Palin that night. While, I do agree that he made one of the most reckless and foolish choices I've ever seen in modern political history by picking her after 1 meeting and a phone call, she also agreed to the job knowing full well her lack of knowledge and preparedness. The "don't be critical, she's a woman" crap has to stop. (I'm not directing that comment towards you, MrsS, but to the people out there making excuses for her.) She knew full well that she wasn't ready for the job she was possibly about to assume and for her to get none of the blame for her own arrogance and ambition being put above the good of the country is wrong. She, McCain and their campaign all deserve equal blame for their failure.

Interesting

Former Romney staffers behind Palin trashing | The Palmetto Scoop

The sources said nearly 80 percent of Romney’s former staff was absorbed by McCain and these individuals were responsible for what amounts to a premeditated, last-minute sabotage of Palin.

FOX News Channel reported Wednesday that some staffers intentionally leaked negative information to the media about Palin in the final hours of the campaign that painted the Alaska governor as naive, incompetent, and needy. And my sources said that all of those leaks came from the Romney faction of the McCain campaign.

But why would they want to bury the person for whom they were working?

Because they reportedly realized that, regardless of a McCain win or loss, Palin would be a serious contender for the Republican nomination in 2012 or 2016. And that made her a threat to a possible second run by Romney. You do the math.

she also agreed to the job knowing full well her lack of knowledge and preparedness.
But did she really know she was unprepared?

Interesting

Former Romney staffers behind Palin trashing | The Palmetto Scoop
Because they reportedly realized that, regardless of a McCain win or loss, Palin would be a serious contender for the Republican nomination in 2012 or 2016. And that made her a threat to a possible second run by Romney. You do the math.[/i]

And is she seriously a contender? Right now, she's well-known but maintaining that for four more years will take some effort, intellectual effort she may not be able to manage.

But did she really know she was unprepared?

I honestly don't know. If she has even average intelligence, she should have known that she had no idea what she was getting herself into. Most of the country (except for the far right loons) knew that as soon as she was picked. From day one, even the moderates and/or undecided voters I knew, said she was completely unprepared and lacking in skill for the office. Most of them say this is the day they decided to support Obama. You'd think she'd know herself better than the average American did after watching her speak and/or doing some research on her. I can only conclude that she really is as dumb as most people think and maybe truly did think she could handle the job. Personally, I have a hard time figuring out how a month before she accepted the VP nomination, she was on TV proudly stating she had no idea what the job of the vice president is. Dear God, anybody who's taken a high school government class should know that. I guess it's a combination of arrogance, ignorance, and ambition that got the best of Palin.

Back
Top Bottom