Is Offensive Political Violence Ever Justified?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have no idea what fascism is. Hint: it's not synonymous with something you don't like.

To a degree, yes. I don't think destruction is particularly necessary, but things can get out of control based on other factors in these situations.
In this situation, though, as Cori pointed out, there is a known group of people in this specific geographic area known to, on occasion, use these sorts of opportunities to incite violence, and not because they care about the actual situation. It's hard to think of any way to be happy about this, IMO.

You have no idea what fascism is. Hint: it's not synonymous with something you don't like.

Actually according to how the left portrays it that is exactly what Fascism is. And yes I know quite well what Fascism and Communism are. And I still find it funny the left protests the ideas of one while romanticizing the other.

Actually according to how the left portrays it that is exactly what Fascism is. And yes I know quite well what Fascism and Communism are. And I still find it funny the left protests the ideas of one while romanticizing the other.
For all the things you claim to know, I wish you knew how to use the quote function correctly, you're making me do more work :angry:.

I'm confused, do you think that Fascism and Communism are the same thing?

It doesn't seem like you do at all. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I almost expected you to dig out a fake Winston Churchill quote.

For all the things you claim to know, I wish you knew how to use the quote function correctly, you're making me do more work :angry:.

I think it's pretty evident that he does, since he seems to have very little idea about the definition of fascism and thinks he can apply it to everything he doesn't like.

If the information is not supposed to be discussed then its not supposed to be discussed.

There is a minor difference between say protesting against a policy as a citizen and actually working for the govt. That would mean people like Snowden and Wikileaks are protected under the first amendment too.

Are you kidding me?!

No but violence has been used to reinforce both ideas.

That is the point. Fascists have done some horrible things throughout history but so have communists and when you protest one by raising the flag of the other it leaves people like me confused.

That is the point. Fascists have done some horrible things throughout history but so have communists and when you protest one by raising the flag of the other it leaves people like me confused.

So have Democrats, so have Republicans, so have liberals, so have conservatives so on and so on - if that's the path you wish to take ...

What you don't seem to realise (judging by your hundred or so posts over the past day) is that communism and fascism are both diametrically opposed to each other as ideologies - so much so that conflating them is dangerously ignorant at best. The former aims for a classless, stateless, and moneyless society and is based on internationalism. The latter emphasises the merger of corporate and state power, traditionalism/social conservatism, hierarchy and class collaborationism as well as institutionalised racism. They couldn't be more different. That you labelled the protestors' shutting down of the Milo event as being 'fascist' is dangerously ignorant and displays no understanding of what the ideology really is.

There was a time when the left praised people like Snowden....If the ends justified the means but if its the left that gets the light shined on them the person that did it needs to be brought to book....See what I mean?

This has absolutely nothing to do with Snowden. This is cutting off the information from the EPA to the public.

You can guess why the EPA was one of the first targeted?!

It's the President shutting down the discussion, shutting down the info, removing the transparency.

I agree it's not part of the violent discussion, but it definitely applies to the shutting down discussion. So let's not pretend this is only one side. Your orange leader is taking it to the highest level, remind you of something?

I would also like to add that Yiannopoulos has outed a trans student during one of his university talks - which is an incredibly dangerous thing to do, because it puts the victim's livelihood into such uncertainty and disarray. That's another justification for protesting him, he's not merely just doing a speech.

I have no idea what you're even talking about. Are you suggesting that by being opposed to fascism makes one a communist?

I would also like to add that Yiannopoulos has outed a trans student during one of his university talks - which is an incredibly dangerous thing to do, because it puts the victim's livelihood into such uncertainty and disarray. That's another justification for protesting him, he's not merely just doing a speech.

I'd like to be clear that I had no problem with protesting his appearance, my issue is with the people using violence.

milo-champagne-instagram-640x480.jpg

So have Democrats, so have Republicans, so have liberals, so have conservatives so on and so on - if that's the path you wish to take ...

What you don't seem to realise (judging by your hundred or so posts over the past day) is that communism and fascism are both diametrically opposed to each other as ideologies - so much so that conflating them is dangerously ignorant at best. The former aims for a classless, stateless, and moneyless society and is based on internationalism. The latter emphasises the merger of corporate and state power, traditionalism/social conservatism, hierarchy and class collaborationism as well as institutionalised racism. They couldn't be more different. That you labelled the protestors' shutting down of the Milo event as being 'fascist' is dangerously ignorant and displays no understanding of what the ideology really is.

I should have been more clearer. The point I was trying to make is for a group that is anti fascist the extreme left employs a lot of the same tactics.....Terror. Simple as that.

I'd like to be clear that I had no problem with protesting his appearance, my issue is with the people using violence.

Oh I know you don't, there's some here who think he's actually good - unfortunately.

I have no idea what you're even talking about. Are you suggesting that by being opposed to fascism makes one a communist?

No I am saying don't employ the same tactics when you are protesting against it.....It makes you like hypocrites.

Also I will say you do have idiots that show up at these things simply because its an excuse to break crap and stir **** up so even if the protest has a noble cause it gets hijacked.....That is a problem a big one.

New question:

Will Milo Yiannopolous be more popular or less popular after this riot than he was before?

There is an objectively right answer.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I suppose I'll answer this myself:ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1486094615.384472.jpg

No I am saying don't employ the same tactics when you are protesting against it.....It makes you like hypocrites.

I honestly haven't a clue as to what you are talking about here.

They are protesting fascism by behaving like communists? Huh?

I suppose I'll answer this myself:View attachment 11075

His book sales jumped 12,000% overnight.

This interview from last night sums up his appeal. Speaks extremely well extemporaneously. Rush Limbaugh train of thought conservative intellect + Howard Stern Sex crazed brain + Fashions himself as the SJW kryptonite.

Makes some really good points about the future "free market" of academia. Worth a watch.

This interview from last night sums up his appeal. Speaks extremely well extemporaneously. Rush Limbaugh train of thought conservative intellect + Howard Stern Sex crazed brain + Fashions himself as the SJW kryptonite.

Makes some really good points about the future "free market" of academia. Worth a watch.

He does a pretty good job of what he does.

You give him too much credit. He's a posh manchild. They're a common entity in some areas.

Milo's much more knowingly engaged in performance art than people give him credit for, I suspect

Milo's much more knowingly engaged in performance art than people give him credit for, I suspect

THIS

I think Breitbart specifically sought him out, told him what views to take, specifically places him in moments and areas where emotions might get the worst of people, then play victim and make bank. He's just another version of Ann Coulter, their views are more designed rather than personal principled passionate views.

Would just like to add my two cents on Milo - he is a fucking cunt, and it's completely irrelevant that he's a gay Jew who dates black people or whatever. All the conservatives who love him use that as justification for why he's so great, it literally doesn't fucking matter at all. He incites harassment. Someone said earlier that he always wins arguments against the left, which isn't true at all, he's impossible to argue with because he believes his own bullshit and will never concede anything. That's not an argument, that's a childish cockhead.

The violent protests? Not great. But if, like Richard Spencer, he becomes scared of going outside, then that's a win in my book.

Back
Top Bottom