Is Feminism Still Relevant? - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #196
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 07:51 PM
magic cock is true

I once saw a live show
__________________

__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #197
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 10:51 PM
I saw your pre-edited post, deep... I rated it 2 stars out of 10. This was an improvement
__________________

__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #198
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevey View Post
How is that a cop out? I'm not really getting it.
Because in essence what you are saying is that the woman as an individual has absolutely no responsibility at all in that scenario. That's rather anti-feminist of you.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #199
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 10:51 PM
Also, I'm reading a lot of book recommendations, but not a whole lot of substance
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #200
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 10:51 PM
Not to keep harping on about that dumb quote, but another interesting point is how they took what that man said (regardless of how poorly he worded it), then used it in a way he never intended. The article twisted his phrasing to make it seem like he didn't "give a shit" about the women he's having sex with. The way he clearly intended was that he didn't give a shit whether the girl was his girlfriend or a hookup, he was all about making her orgasm. The the article followed up with "Well women know the difference". So this man was completely interested in pleasing his partners, but because of his poor choice of words, the author of the article decided to spin it against him. Just another example of the deceitful tactics being used.
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 07:51 PM
no magic cock, then what of the jive turkey? I believe in the fraternity of the fowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I saw your pre-edited post, deep... I rated it 2 stars out of 10. This was an improvement
that was just for you,
this one gets 2 1/2 stars, still it is one of the more credible posts in here
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #202
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 07:51 PM
as someone that was alive in the 70s and someone that actually went out with members of local chapter of National Organization for Women. (just for drinks)
I met them at demonstration against my Police Chief and one captain that had met with women police officers after hours and got them drunk and raped them. Anyways, I wanted these NOW members to explain their concerns and issues in their own words to me. It was very educational. None of them complained about the orgasm deficiency. I really think this latest turn has trivialized feminism.


the orgasm equality topic, not much to discuss there in regards to society, etc.

It simply comes down to evolution, and how the species propagates itself.

Men are not having more orgasms. They are releasing sperm where evolution wants them to, to meet with women's eggs.

If love making only consisted of each partner stimulating the other orally to climax, then we could have a discussion about equality.
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #203
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 10:51 PM
It's so much less complicated having sex with dudes.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #204
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
jeevey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rue St. Divine
Posts: 4,095
Local Time: 11:51 PM
You guys are inadvertently making my point over and over. Most people are not trying to make babies when they go looking for an orgasm. So why are a majority of people still having sex as if they were? Unless you're trying to conceive, than you have absolutely no reason to go along with that "simple biology" business. Why are we not much more dedicated to just making sure both partners have a good time? Defending this position also makes you look like uninteresting partners...

And "Dude, my GF loves hard thrusting" is not really an adequate way to address a cultural trope. Now, if you had a nice controlled study about how many US women report howling orgasms after hard thrusting or a survey of sex acts included in erotic fictions, then I could give that some time.

And if lovemaking did consist only of oral, we would have something a lot more like equality. Neato, eh?

As for the lots of book recommendations.... that's because actual information is useful when discussing a topic. Plus, you know, finding stuff out is kinda neat.
__________________
jeevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #205
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
jeevey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rue St. Divine
Posts: 4,095
Local Time: 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It's so much less complicated having sex with dudes.
I'm pretty sure this is why women like gay porn and read slash. Every possibility is absolutely reciprocal. There's no default power dynamic- they have to be decided on.

Well, it's one reason, anyway...
__________________
jeevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #206
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,998
Local Time: 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Because in essence what you are saying is that the woman as an individual has absolutely no responsibility at all in that scenario. That's rather anti-feminist of you.
I agree with that. I don't know how this turned into a sex topic, but anyway..it is feminist (but not necessarily- it can be just taking your own personal responsibility for your own satisfaction, happiness, whatever) to take that responsibility. If you're not getting what you want from a relationship or one night stand, whatever you're having-then take the control over that and don't be with those types of people. Change your patterns and outlook.

Women not being in control over all of that is a long gone thing of the past. Unless you have personal issues that cause you to be drawn to those sorts of people and unhealthy situations, that cause you to think you don't deserve equal pleasure, etc. That obviously exists, but it's up to that person to recognize it and to take the necessary steps to change that. No other person can take the responsibility or blame for that. Feminism means equal rights and equal personal responsibilities. Taking control over those things is very empowering.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #207
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevey View Post
You guys are inadvertently making my point over and over. Most people are not trying to make babies when they go looking for an orgasm. So why are a majority of people still having sex as if they were? Unless you're trying to conceive, than you have absolutely no reason to go along with that "simple biology" business. Why are we not much more dedicated to just making sure both partners have a good time? Defending this position also makes you look like uninteresting partners...
When your only point seems to be "it's the fault of men", I hardly see any one here making your point "over and over"
I made it quite clear why biology is important. I won't spend any more energy repeating myself. And since you're throwing around insults, the way you've been defending your position makes you sound like you've got some personal issues with men you need to take care of before tackling any of this business.

Quote:

And "Dude, my GF loves hard thrusting" is not really an adequate way to address a cultural trope. Now, if you had a nice controlled study about how many US women report howling orgasms after hard thrusting or a survey of sex acts included in erotic fictions, then I could give that some time.
Again, interesting light you've chosen to illustrate my comment with (not completely unexpected). If you can't address a point without resorting to caricaturizing it (especially a point made in a completely mature manner), maybe you need to reassess what your problem is with it in the first place. It seems you can't wrap your head around the fact that some women might actually like to have sex in ways that differ from you (is "hard thrusting" not in line with your 'feminist' ideals?). My comment to you was in response to you 'rolling your eyes' as if it was outlandish that a woman might like things a bit rough. And whats more, your whole point is that men don't listen to what women want. When I mention a scenario in which I did respond to a specific need, you turn your nose up and imply I'm some sort of mouth breathing dude-bro, because that sort of sex doesn't appeal to you personally. Completely ridiculous. A little more consistency might mask your real motivations


Quote:
And if lovemaking did consist only of oral, we would have something a lot more like equality. Neato, eh?
You seem to have an issue with vaginal sex.

Quote:

As for the lots of book recommendations.... that's because actual information is useful when discussing a topic. Plus, you know, finding stuff out is kinda neat.
You know what's also neat? Understanding what you read, internalizing it, and expressing it to others in your own words. You should try it some time. Otherwise you just come across as someone who desperately wants to come off as well read, but can't be bothered taking the time to actually be so


My advice to you: Take care of your personal issues first, then think about reaching outward
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #208
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevey View Post
Every possibility is absolutely reciprocal. There's no default power dynamic- they have to be decided on.
very revealing
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #209
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Because in essence what you are saying is that the woman as an individual has absolutely no responsibility at all in that scenario. That's rather anti-feminist of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

Women not being in control over all of that is a long gone thing of the past.
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #210
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
jeevey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rue St. Divine
Posts: 4,095
Local Time: 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I agree with that. I don't know how this turned into a sex topic, but anyway..it is feminist (but not necessarily- it can be just taking your own personal responsibility for your own satisfaction, happiness, whatever) to take that responsibility. If you're not getting what you want from a relationship or one night stand, whatever you're having-then take the control over that and don't be with those types of people. Change your patterns and outlook.

Women not being in control over all of that is a long gone thing of the past. Unless you have personal issues that cause you to be drawn to those sorts of people and unhealthy situations, that cause you to think you don't deserve equal pleasure, etc. That obviously exists, but it's up to that person to recognize it and to take the necessary steps to change that. No other person can take the responsibility or blame for that. Feminism means equal rights and equal personal responsibilities. Taking control over those things is very empowering.
I totally agree with you that women need to take part in educating their partners about what they want. I do think though, that each partner receiving satisfaction should be assumed. The question should not be "if" but "how".

I don't have issue with vaginal sex- I have issues with the assumption that it's good enough all by itself, when for many women it's not. The assumption should be that both people are satisfied every time. The imagination might need to get a little larger and the partners more generous, brave or conscious to make that happen.

And again, Jive, the initial 'multiple O from hard thrusting' comment was about a cultural trope- how acts are used in fiction. I was rolling my eyes not at the huge variation of acts which people sometimes enjoy, but at the over representation and idealization of this certain mode of female sexuality. There are lots of unrealistic tropes we could laugh at that are unfair to both men and women.
__________________

__________________
jeevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com