IRS Targeted Conservative Groups - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
I don't have a problem with Congress abolishing the IRS and going to a flat/fair/sales tax approach but the Left will never give up the progessive tax code and the IRS.
Great idea. Everyone who makes more money than you can't wait for you to carry the load on their behalf!

Do you wonder at all why no reputable economist (including free market ones that would appeal to your particular ideology) is supportive of this? That the only way this could ever work is if alongside a flat/consumption tax you enacted a tax code AND an IRS-type body to administer deductions and rebates to low- and middle-income individuals?

Old 05-31-2013, 09:42 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
News flash, everyone! Conservative writers think this is all Obama's fault!
1) He orchestrated it
2) He put people in place that understood Chicago thugpolitics
3) He's an incompetent, detached boob of an executive

Either way, yes, "this is all Obama's fault."

Don't you at least tire of the constantly changing stories, lack of accountability and hubris behind all these "scandals"?

Old 05-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Great idea. Everyone who makes more money than you can't wait for you to carry the load on their behalf!

Do you wonder at all why no reputable economist (including free market ones that would appeal to your particular ideology) is supportive of this? That the only way this could ever work is if alongside a flat/consumption tax you enacted a tax code AND an IRS-type body to administer deductions and rebates to low- and middle-income individuals?

So you defend a tax code so complex that Americans spend 6 billion hours/year and $265 billion/year to comply with?

You defend a tax code that has become the playground of politicians and social engineers to affect the behavior of Americans by subsidizing this, taxing that or allowing deductions for this?

You defend a tax code that swells Washington D.C with lawyers, lobbyists, accountants, crony capitalists and special interest groups?

You defend a tax code that allows demagogues to pit Americans against Americans in the name of "fairness" and "entitlement"?

Well I say it's crap not to mention inconsistent with our founding principles of limited government, private property rights and individual sovereignty. Oh yes, some of us still believe in those.

Ps You'd be surprised how many countries or states in the U.S. have flat tax rates.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Wow, what great insight. This is a revolutionary way at looking at politics and the presidency. Tell me more!
Wouldn't it be fun to go back and find all the posters here blaming GWB for the abuses at Abu Ghraib because of his "cowboy" mentality in running the war and the people he put in key positions.

You know, back when we thought "the fish rots from the head" and "dissent is patriotic."
Old 05-31-2013, 10:24 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

The tax code (and not just the American version) is overly complicated, full of ridiculous loopholes and basically a goldmine for tax lawyers and nobody else. It needs major reform and simplification.

What you said, INDY, is to abolish the tax code and get rid of the administering authority. Which is preposterous for many reasons.

I am obviously aware that there are states with flat tax. Are you aware of the deductions and exemptions permitted under such a system and a need for a centralized tax authority to process these?

A flat tax is regressive without a very carefully crafted tax code to support it. You don't seem to mind the regressive nature of it; my point is that in supporting it, you are actually aiding every person out there who is wealthier than you. I'm sure they don't mind.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #51
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:

1) He orchestrated it
Man, and here I was hoping you'd at least try.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
my point is that in supporting it, you are actually aiding every person out there who is wealthier than you. I'm sure they don't mind.

Not at all.

It will help is buy a child who we will subject to a motherless home and use to prove that children do best with two parents irregardless of gender. Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha
Old 06-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #53
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
1) He orchestrated it
1. I thought this guy was incompetent and never ran a business, so how come all of a sudden he's smart enough to orchestrate such huge conspiracies?

2. So Obama was so brilliant that he somehow convinced Bush to assign the "thugs" to the IRS to do his bidding years later? I have to say you are wrong on this one. This isn't the talking heads slogan "Chicago thugpolitics" bullshit, this is New World Order shit, don't be so blind.

3. Now "incompetent", "detached", and "boob" are terms you should be very well acquainted with, should we start with how these terms equate with the GOP, or shall we go more micro and just discuss how they equate with you?
Old 06-01-2013, 01:50 AM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Man, and here I was hoping you'd at least try.
Ok, Indy is down on three strikes, Diemen's turn at bat.

4) _________________________________
Old 06-01-2013, 02:06 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
The tax code (and not just the American version) is overly complicated, full of ridiculous loopholes and basically a goldmine for tax lawyers and nobody else. It needs major reform and simplification.

What you said, INDY, is to abolish the tax code and get rid of the administering authority. Which is preposterous for many reasons.
No, establish a tax code minus almost all the loopholes, shelters, subsides, etc. And I wouldn't abolish the entire IRS, just the harassing, tyrannical 3/4ths or so of it.

Quote:
A flat tax is regressive without a very carefully crafted tax code to support it. You don't seem to mind the regressive nature of it; my point is that in supporting it, you are actually aiding every person out there who is wealthier than you. I'm sure they don't mind.
What is wrong with a system where a citizen that makes 10 X more or 10 X less than what I make pays 10 X more or 10 X less in total taxes? Other, that is, than it's fair in the true sense of the word rather than the class warfare sense of fair?
Old 06-01-2013, 05:16 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:42 PM
That is utter bullshit. The very poor, the middling poor, the plain old middle, spend a far greater proportion of their income on goods and services necessary to their day to day living. A cup of coffee, a bag of tomatoes, still costs about the same if the person buying it has $5 billion in the bank, as it does if they have $5 in the bank (albeit they might not be frequenting the same establishment).
Old 06-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
That is utter bullshit. The very poor, the middling poor, the plain old middle, spend a far greater proportion of their income on goods and services necessary to their day to day living. A cup of coffee, a bag of tomatoes, still costs about the same if the person buying it has $5 billion in the bank, as it does if they have $5 in the bank (albeit they might not be frequenting the same establishment).

Maybe they should have thought about that before choosing to be poor.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Maybe I should have thought about ... something... before injecting this crack into my eyeball. Blue crack I mean. Whatevs.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
So you argue that the price of a Peppermint Mocha Vente should be progressive; subject to the status of automobile you pull up to the drive thru window in?
You recommend a form of commerce in which shoppers present their bank statement to the Kroger cashier prior to checking out so proper adjustments can be made to their cart of groceries and sundries?

In the name of fairness of course.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #60
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

You miss the point so clearly one could almost suspect you of doing it intentionally.