Iraq: What to do? - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #166
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 04:43 PM
Don't you see the straws?
__________________

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #167
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,858
Local Time: 10:43 AM
m e s s a g i n g i s e v e r y t h i n g
__________________

__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #168
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,542
Local Time: 04:43 PM
Everything you know is wrong
beLIEve
Watch more TV
__________________
Popmartijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #169
Blue Crack Addict
 
Babydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Berlin, Germany.
Posts: 22,268
Local Time: 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Don't you see the straws?
I do now
__________________
Babydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:23 PM   #170
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 10:43 AM
"And Iraqi Ministry of Human Rights spokesman Kamil Amin told CNN that up to 20,000 Yazidi Iraqis, who have been targeted by the militants, had been rescued and taken to safety near the Syrian border. However, thousands remain trapped on a mountain, scrambling for food and water dropped by U.S. airlifts."

U.S. airstrikes bring early gains in Iraq


At least some good news after a week of bad.
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:01 AM   #171
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Local Time: 07:43 AM
I think it is far more nefarious to not question things. Sure, we're using a humanitarian situation to persuade Americans to get involved for a reason other than humanitarian. Two days in to helping out and now they say we'll be there for weeks and months.... Because of the Kurds not the Yezidis. It was always about the oil and/or gas fields, pipelines and refineries. I don't know but one person in this forum who is Christian and referred me here. We met years ago on the band Creed's forum. The nations will do as they please. My only concern pertains to believers abandoning the Word of God, letting it take a back seat to kingdoms of the earth which are destined for destruction. Matthew 16:24-26; 10:28; Daniel 2:41-45


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
kidrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:39 AM   #172
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Local Time: 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
... why are you trying so hard to find food for your conspiracy theories? It's just an abbreviation of a name, that happens to have an English acronym. How the hell is that anything more than a complete utter coincidence?

I'm not trying to do anything. After two glasses of wine last night it was just an interesting thought I had because the languages are so different. It doesn't have anything to do directly with the real reason the West is going into Iraq. How many times must people be lied to by their national leaders before they wise up? The persons here who are taking issue with the obvious remind me of someone who went by the name Creed of Kings. C.O. K. convinced an entire board of Christians to believe the Bush administration was telling the truth about Iraq's "wmds" and that he helped Al Quaeda. Even though the truth existed beforehand. But they were so bent on believing in a man who professed to be Christian, they supported war based on lies. Many people died or were maimed for that man's lies. Those lives could have been protected if there was an educated populace. But the kings of the earth, and the corporate- (fat cats who profit from war and oil) -controlled media had a job to do and they revealed that they serve the powers that be rather than the publics interest. Afterwards they express remorse and say they needed to do better, until now when they are doing it all over again.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
kidrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:45 AM   #173
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrambler View Post
I think it is far more nefarious to not question things. Sure, we're using a humanitarian situation to persuade Americans to get involved for a reason other than humanitarian. Two days in to helping out and now they say we'll be there for weeks and months.... Because of the Kurds not the Yezidis. It was always about the oil and/or gas fields, pipelines and refineries. I don't know but one person in this forum who is Christian and referred me here. We met years ago on the band Creed's forum. The nations will do as they please. My only concern pertains to believers abandoning the Word of God, letting it take a back seat to kingdoms of the earth which are destined for destruction. Matthew 16:24-26; 10:28; Daniel 2:41-45


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I find this post to be really sad on many fronts. Of course question things. But don't assume who is Christian or not, don't create conspiracies without facts, and more importantly don't get holier than thou... You do know how many verses there are about false witness, right?

I'm glad you're here, I welcome your point of view, but you might want to relax a little. More open discussion less assuming, maybe...


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:03 AM   #174
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Local Time: 07:43 AM
Iraq: What to do?

Thank you for the welcome. I haven't assumed anyone to be Christian but the one I know. And he's falling down the same rabbit hole again.

As for facts, they said it plainly on the news before we started giving aid, our involvement is important because the Kurds are our friends and 80% of Iraq's oil is at stake in the northern region.

Yesterday CNN showed a map of the places in Iraq where ISIS have control or have an "occupational presence". If you google a map of Iraq's oil fields, you will that the fields, pipelines and refineries locations match the map ISIS locations in Iraq.

Before people here jump to accuse someone of creating a conspiracy, especially a person new and unknown to the forum, they might try asking questions for clarification. I admit, I don't know how to write well, but I'm not an idiot.

Now my husband returned today from a ten day river trip and I'm going to spend the rest of my evening with him.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
kidrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:38 AM   #175
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrambler View Post
I'm not trying to do anything. After two glasses of wine last night it was just an interesting thought I had because the languages are so different. It doesn't have anything to do directly with the real reason the West is going into Iraq. How many times must people be lied to by their national leaders before they wise up? The persons here who are taking issue with the obvious remind me of someone who went by the name Creed of Kings. C.O. K. convinced an entire board of Christians to believe the Bush administration was telling the truth about Iraq's "wmds" and that he helped Al Quaeda. Even though the truth existed beforehand. But they were so bent on believing in a man who professed to be Christian, they supported war based on lies. Many people died or were maimed for that man's lies. Those lives could have been protected if there was an educated populace. But the kings of the earth, and the corporate- (fat cats who profit from war and oil) -controlled media had a job to do and they revealed that they serve the powers that be rather than the publics interest. Afterwards they express remorse and say they needed to do better, until now when they are doing it all over again.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Why is it so important for you to constantly point out christianity in all of your posts?

Why does it matter that the guy convinced an entire board of christians? Why is that any different from believing a board of people of random faith beliving Bush was telling the truth?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #176
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 09:43 AM
Iraq: What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrambler View Post
Thank you for the welcome. I haven't assumed anyone to be Christian but the one I know. And he's falling down the same rabbit hole again.

As for facts, they said it plainly on the news before we started giving aid, our involvement is important because the Kurds are our friends and 80% of Iraq's oil is at stake in the northern region.



Did the news source that you're watching also happen to mention that humans are being killed, beheaded, and that there are thousands without food and water?

Or is this the rabbit hole you're talking about?

I'm extremely confused about the point you are trying to make. I've seen you mention oil and Christianity in several of your posts, but not once have I seen you mention the targeting of humans?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:55 AM   #177
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Local Time: 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Why is it so important for you to constantly point out christianity in all of your posts?



Why does it matter that the guy convinced an entire board of christians? Why is that any different from believing a board of people of random faith beliving Bush was telling the truth?

I'm sorry. I thought this forum was the spot where U2 fans to express their views and opinions. My bad.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
kidrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #178
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 04:43 PM
It is, I'm asking about your view so you can explain it... since the way you are posting makes it seem that christians is all that matters to the world I assume I am taking this wrongly, so I ask for an explanation rather than jumping to conclusions.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #179
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Local Time: 07:43 AM
Iraq: What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Did the news source that you're watching also happen to mention that humans are being killed, beheaded, and that there are thousands without food and water?

Or is this the rabbit hole you're talking about?

I'm extremely confused about the point you are trying to make. I've seen you mention oil and Christianity in several of your posts, but not once have I seen you mention the targeting of humans?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yes, they mentioned it. And I saw the photos online. Our media is acting like this is worse than before. But mass executions and beheadings did happen before. My point is that we only "help" people when it's in our "interests " to do so. I'm addressing what I strongly suspect is coming, not what is now. An old Christian acquaintance in the virtual world invited me here because he thought I'd find it a welcoming place. He knows me, he usually disagrees with me. But he's respectful of my zeal for the truth in all matters, especially as it pertains to the teachings of J.C. Also, I care about using the troops under false pretenses. I detest lying. And this time I have skin in the game--a loved one who is a Marine.
America isn't as noble as it pretends to be.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
kidrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #180
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrambler View Post
Yes, they mentioned it. And I saw the photos online. Our media is acting like this is worse than before. But mass executions and beheadings did happen before. My point is that we only "help" people when it's in our "interests " to do so. I'm addressing what I strongly suspect is coming, not what is now. An old Christian acquaintance in the virtual world invited me here because he thought I'd find it a welcoming place. He knows me, he usually disagrees with me. But he's respectful of my zeal for the truth in all matters, especially as it pertains to the teachings of J.C. Also, I care about using the troops under false pretenses. I detest lying. And this time I have skin in the game--a loved one who is a Marine.
America isn't as noble as it pretends to be.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You're right, we don't send aid to every humanitarian cause, but it's in our interest to do so. This is the worst mass executions since we've gone in their and done our nation building. I along with others would say we should have never gone in there in the first place, and we've caused some of this, but to turn our backs now would be irresponsible. I'm not sure what you believe is to come, but I think our military efforts will be pretty minimal no one has any interest in going back in there.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com