Iraq: What to do? - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #136
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I dunno.

There's something about religion that's uniquely motivating.


Sent from
That is because there is something about religiosity that is profoundly stupefying.
__________________

__________________
kidrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #137
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I dunno.

There's something about religion that's uniquely motivating.


Sent from
Well, I mean, religion (or at least faith, not organized religion perhaps) is the entire motivation behind existence in the eyes of those who follow it, isn't it?
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #138
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Well, I mean, religion (or at least faith, not organized religion perhaps) is the entire motivation behind existence in the eyes of those who follow it, isn't it?
Exactly. Organized religion is the problem because most adherents surrender their minds to whatever they are told is the truth--the good and acceptable will of god, rather than "making sure of all things."
__________________
kidrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #139
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrambler View Post
Exactly. Organized religion is the problem because adherents surrender their minds to whatever they are told is the truth, rather than "making sure of all things."
I can get behind that idea, to an extent. People take advantage of power in all places, religion just has a more nefarious feel to it, when exploited, because people can put their entire self into it. The results of which can, clearly, be very negative.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #140
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I can get behind that idea, to an extent. People take advantage of power in all places, religion just has a more nefarious feel to it, when exploited, because people can put their entire self into it. The results of which can, clearly, be very negative.
Organizations (secular, religious and charitable) take on an arrogance of necessity. It's as if the organization becomes the servant of god rather than the individual. It actually supplants the congregation of god's people with an institution requiring laws to keep everyone in submission. Consequently, organizations stifle the will of god by presuming itself to be the director of god's will. Ultimately, all these organizations stumble because fund-raising becomes essential to accomplishing god's will (aka good will) and its power becomes inevitably limited. "The love of money is the root of all evil." Humans are the only species which pays to live on earth, and that is all owing to man-made organizations and/or powers.
__________________
kidrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #141
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 90
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Dramatic first strike on Islamic State by American forces revealed as aid airdrops finally reach besieged Yazidis on mountainside | Mail Online
__________________
Jacobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #142
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Iraq: What to do?

So now we know why the media quit reporting, as they had at the start of the Isis story, that these are the rebels we armed in Syria. President Obama just said we need a functional Iraqi government. Now it all makes sense. Our gov't never liked Malaki's Shia-led Parliament. Now I understand. My question now is, Is ISIL on our payroll?



Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
kidrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #143
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 90
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrambler View Post
So now we know why the media quit reporting, as they had at the start of the Isis story, that these are the rebels we armed in Syria. President Obama just said we need a functional Iraqi government. Now it all makes sense. Our gov't never liked Malaki's Shia-led Parliament. Now I understand. My question now is, Is ISIL on our payroll?



Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
McCain called for more arming of ISIS last year on Fox news, what an idiot he is.
__________________
Jacobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #144
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Local Time: 09:14 AM
This could be the biggest espionage success story since Argo! Team America, @@@k Yeah! I'm impressed.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
kidrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #145
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 90
Local Time: 06:14 PM
From Twitter:

Englishpapist ‏@EnglishPapist 25 mins Astounding to see the argument which is pretty much 'ISIS is USA's fault, so leave Yazidis/Christians to their fate to teach USA a lesson'
__________________
Jacobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #146
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Last night on one of the "news" shows (Can't say which as I channel shift allot) it was said that "dozens, if not more" Americans joined ISIS. Give me a C! Give me an I! Give me an A! Give me a CIA!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
kidrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,615
Local Time: 06:14 PM
A lot of wars were started on made-up stories, that's true. The crisis of the Yezidi is neither made-up, nor were they too stupid to use the resources. If you have cattle and animals on a bunch of rocks, and you have 40,000 people in 45°C (113°F), then all liquid is gone very quickly.

The US is not behind everything. There is a great desire to create conspiracies out of everything. The support the US gave ISIS is by not doing anything in Syria, not the other way round.
__________________
Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #148
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrambler View Post
So now we know why the media quit reporting, as they had at the start of the Isis story, that these are the rebels we armed in Syria. President Obama just said we need a functional Iraqi government. Now it all makes sense. Our gov't never liked Malaki's Shia-led Parliament. Now I understand. My question now is, Is ISIL on our payroll?



Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Really?!


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #149
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
A lot of wars were started on made-up stories, that's true. The crisis of the Yezidi is neither made-up, nor were they too stupid to use the resources. If you have cattle and animals on a bunch of rocks, and you have 40,000 people in 45°C (113°F), then all liquid is gone very quickly.

The US is not behind everything. There is a great desire to create conspiracies out of everything. The support the US gave ISIS is by not doing anything in Syria, not the other way round.

I really appreciate your informed posts in this subject. Thank you.


Sent from
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #150
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Iraq: What to do?

One hundred Americans joined Isis. The fear is them coming home and terrorizing us. Really? I fear Blackwater (now known as XE) more. Actually, maybe Isis is XE. Regardless, be afraid. Be very afraid. Spoken like the devil, knowing full well fears grips people into doing and saying nothing about --effectually justifying--the warmongers who wage war for the false god of money. It's the ultimate idolatry and ruse put over the children of god.

"Fear is a restraint against perfect love."--First John 4

How quickly we lose or surrender our faith in God's Word.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
kidrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com