Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #136
The Fly

Local Time: 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I dunno.

There's something about religion that's uniquely motivating.

Sent from
That is because there is something about religiosity that is profoundly stupefying.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #137
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I dunno.

There's something about religion that's uniquely motivating.

Sent from
Well, I mean, religion (or at least faith, not organized religion perhaps) is the entire motivation behind existence in the eyes of those who follow it, isn't it?

Old 08-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #138
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Well, I mean, religion (or at least faith, not organized religion perhaps) is the entire motivation behind existence in the eyes of those who follow it, isn't it?
Exactly. Organized religion is the problem because most adherents surrender their minds to whatever they are told is the truth--the good and acceptable will of god, rather than "making sure of all things."
Old 08-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #139
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrambler View Post
Exactly. Organized religion is the problem because adherents surrender their minds to whatever they are told is the truth, rather than "making sure of all things."
I can get behind that idea, to an extent. People take advantage of power in all places, religion just has a more nefarious feel to it, when exploited, because people can put their entire self into it. The results of which can, clearly, be very negative.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #140
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I can get behind that idea, to an extent. People take advantage of power in all places, religion just has a more nefarious feel to it, when exploited, because people can put their entire self into it. The results of which can, clearly, be very negative.
Organizations (secular, religious and charitable) take on an arrogance of necessity. It's as if the organization becomes the servant of god rather than the individual. It actually supplants the congregation of god's people with an institution requiring laws to keep everyone in submission. Consequently, organizations stifle the will of god by presuming itself to be the director of god's will. Ultimately, all these organizations stumble because fund-raising becomes essential to accomplishing god's will (aka good will) and its power becomes inevitably limited. "The love of money is the root of all evil." Humans are the only species which pays to live on earth, and that is all owing to man-made organizations and/or powers.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #141
The Fly

Local Time: 06:14 PM
Dramatic first strike on Islamic State by American forces revealed as aid airdrops finally reach besieged Yazidis on mountainside | Mail Online
Old 08-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #142
The Fly

Iraq: What to do?

So now we know why the media quit reporting, as they had at the start of the Isis story, that these are the rebels we armed in Syria. President Obama just said we need a functional Iraqi government. Now it all makes sense. Our gov't never liked Malaki's Shia-led Parliament. Now I understand. My question now is, Is ISIL on our payroll?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 08-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #143
The Fly

Quote:
So now we know why the media quit reporting, as they had at the start of the Isis story, that these are the rebels we armed in Syria. President Obama just said we need a functional Iraqi government. Now it all makes sense. Our gov't never liked Malaki's Shia-led Parliament. Now I understand. My question now is, Is ISIL on our payroll?

McCain called for more arming of ISIS last year on Fox news, what an idiot he is.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #144
The Fly

This could be the biggest espionage success story since Argo! Team America, @@@k Yeah! I'm impressed.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #145
The Fly

From Twitter:

Englishpapist ‏@EnglishPapist 25 mins Astounding to see the argument which is pretty much 'ISIS is USA's fault, so leave Yazidis/Christians to their fate to teach USA a lesson'
Old 08-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #146
The Fly

Last night on one of the "news" shows (Can't say which as I channel shift allot) it was said that "dozens, if not more" Americans joined ISIS. Give me a C! Give me an I! Give me an A! Give me a CIA!!!!

Old 08-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

A lot of wars were started on made-up stories, that's true. The crisis of the Yezidi is neither made-up, nor were they too stupid to use the resources. If you have cattle and animals on a bunch of rocks, and you have 40,000 people in 45°C (113°F), then all liquid is gone very quickly.

The US is not behind everything. There is a great desire to create conspiracies out of everything. The support the US gave ISIS is by not doing anything in Syria, not the other way round.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #148
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:14 AM
Quote:

Really?!

Old 08-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #149
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
A lot of wars were started on made-up stories, that's true. The crisis of the Yezidi is neither made-up, nor were they too stupid to use the resources. If you have cattle and animals on a bunch of rocks, and you have 40,000 people in 45°C (113°F), then all liquid is gone very quickly.

The US is not behind everything. There is a great desire to create conspiracies out of everything. The support the US gave ISIS is by not doing anything in Syria, not the other way round.

I really appreciate your informed posts in this subject. Thank you.

Sent from
Old 08-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #150
The Fly

Iraq: What to do?

One hundred Americans joined Isis. The fear is them coming home and terrorizing us. Really? I fear Blackwater (now known as XE) more. Actually, maybe Isis is XE. Regardless, be afraid. Be very afraid. Spoken like the devil, knowing full well fears grips people into doing and saying nothing about --effectually justifying--the warmongers who wage war for the false god of money. It's the ultimate idolatry and ruse put over the children of god.

"Fear is a restraint against perfect love."--First John 4

How quickly we lose or surrender our faith in God's Word.