Iran is a beautiful place to visit... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Refugee
 
MadelynIris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Craggy Island
Posts: 1,504
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Iran is a beautiful place to visit...

But the government rubs me the wrong way...

Quote:
"The Iranians wanted to be able to strike a deal whereby they stopped killing our forces in Iraq in return for them being allowed to carry on with their nuclear program -- 'We stop killing you in Iraq, stop undermining the political process there, you allow us to carry on with our nuclear program without let or hindrance," said John Sawers, now the British ambassador to the United Nations, in the documentary, "Iran and the West: Nuclear Confrontation."
BBC: Iran held 'backroom' talks with Western diplomats - CNN.com

lol
__________________

__________________
MadelynIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 12:09 AM
"But the government rubs me the wrong way..."


Yes, that always seems to be the problem.



"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."

~Thomas Jefferson
__________________

__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 03:09 PM
Funny, I'm planning a trip at the end of the year from SE Asia to Asia Minor, I want to spend a fortnight in the country.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
Funny, I'm planning a trip at the end of the year from SE Asia to Asia Minor, I want to spend a fortnight in the country.
If you are allowed in, it is proof that the sinister global Islamist conspiracy is not all it is cracked up to be.
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 03:09 PM
Saudi Arabia might be a stretch.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #6
Refugee
 
MadelynIris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Craggy Island
Posts: 1,504
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Yeah, I wasn't joking about it being a nice place to visit. Beautiful country. I guess it's in their best interest to screw things up in Iraq as much as possible.

Just be careful while you are there -- be prepared for anything, and ready to get out on a moments notice, or live off the land.
__________________
MadelynIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 304
Local Time: 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
If you are allowed in, it is proof that the sinister global Islamist conspiracy is not all it is cracked up to be.
I'd be more worried about being allowed out.
__________________
Reead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 05:09 AM
I don't like their current government, but I have seen a documentary of the country. Very modern and the people seem to be quite nice.

Though, even if I could afford to travel there. I don't think it would be allowed, because I am an American Citizen.
__________________
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
Refugee
 
Bonoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: a nuthouse for total Egyptfreaks
Posts: 1,040
Local Time: 06:09 AM
The country is beautiful and the people are very friendly.

About the nuclear project, I wonder why the US and Europe only focus on Iran, while it is known that France (Mururoa is off the map since 1995), India (you don't want to know what kind of waste is on the bottom of the Indian ocean), Israel and China (both good at keeping secrets of that kind) are doing probably the same nuclear projects... (However, I'm not saying that the rest of the world should stop asking questions about the testings.)

Iran has too much to lose when they will start a nuclear war and altough the Iranian government are a bunch of religious nutters, I don't believe they will let their country turn into a radioactive pit after they've received the second nuclear strike.
__________________
Bonoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #10
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonoa View Post
The country is beautiful and the people are very friendly.

About the nuclear project, I wonder why the US and Europe only focus on Iran, while it is known that France (Mururoa is off the map since 1995), India (you don't want to know what kind of waste is on the bottom of the Indian ocean), Israel and China (both good at keeping secrets of that kind) are doing probably the same nuclear projects... (However, I'm not saying that the rest of the world should stop asking questions about the testings.)

Iran has too much to lose when they will start a nuclear war and altough the Iranian government are a bunch of religious nutters, I don't believe they will let their country turn into a radioactive pit after they've received the second nuclear strike.
I agree.....and thankfully the U.S. has a president whom is willing to speak with the Iranian government. If Iran is using their nuclear power for peaceful purposes, such as cleaner energy, then they should be allowed to do so.
__________________

__________________
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com