Iran is a beautiful place to visit...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadelynIris

Refugee
But the government rubs me the wrong way...

"The Iranians wanted to be able to strike a deal whereby they stopped killing our forces in Iraq in return for them being allowed to carry on with their nuclear program -- 'We stop killing you in Iraq, stop undermining the political process there, you allow us to carry on with our nuclear program without let or hindrance," said John Sawers, now the British ambassador to the United Nations, in the documentary, "Iran and the West: Nuclear Confrontation."

BBC: Iran held 'backroom' talks with Western diplomats - CNN.com

lol

"But the government rubs me the wrong way..."

Yes, that always seems to be the problem.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."

~Thomas Jefferson

Funny, I'm planning a trip at the end of the year from SE Asia to Asia Minor, I want to spend a fortnight in the country.

Funny, I'm planning a trip at the end of the year from SE Asia to Asia Minor, I want to spend a fortnight in the country.

If you are allowed in, it is proof that the sinister global Islamist conspiracy is not all it is cracked up to be.

Yeah, I wasn't joking about it being a nice place to visit. Beautiful country. I guess it's in their best interest to screw things up in Iraq as much as possible.

Just be careful while you are there -- be prepared for anything, and ready to get out on a moments notice, or live off the land.

I don't like their current government, but I have seen a documentary of the country. Very modern and the people seem to be quite nice.

Though, even if I could afford to travel there. I don't think it would be allowed, because I am an American Citizen.

The country is beautiful and the people are very friendly.

About the nuclear project, I wonder why the US and Europe only focus on Iran, while it is known that France (Mururoa is off the map since 1995), India (you don't want to know what kind of waste is on the bottom of the Indian ocean), Israel and China (both good at keeping secrets of that kind) are doing probably the same nuclear projects... (However, I'm not saying that the rest of the world should stop asking questions about the testings.)

Iran has too much to lose when they will start a nuclear war and altough the Iranian government are a bunch of religious nutters, I don't believe they will let their country turn into a radioactive pit after they've received the second nuclear strike.

The country is beautiful and the people are very friendly.

About the nuclear project, I wonder why the US and Europe only focus on Iran, while it is known that France (Mururoa is off the map since 1995), India (you don't want to know what kind of waste is on the bottom of the Indian ocean), Israel and China (both good at keeping secrets of that kind) are doing probably the same nuclear projects... (However, I'm not saying that the rest of the world should stop asking questions about the testings.)

Iran has too much to lose when they will start a nuclear war and altough the Iranian government are a bunch of religious nutters, I don't believe they will let their country turn into a radioactive pit after they've received the second nuclear strike.

I agree.....and thankfully the U.S. has a president whom is willing to speak with the Iranian government. If Iran is using their nuclear power for peaceful purposes, such as cleaner energy, then they should be allowed to do so.

Back
Top Bottom