Iran hiding Nuclear Facility - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2009, 02:26 PM   #16
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Your under the illusion that all this started in 2001. I didn't.
Actually, I'm trying to say that it was all over by 2001. I know what happened before that. And we took care of it in 1991. There was no reason to go back.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
My vote goes for keeping our nose out of Iran's affairs, as well as all the other mid-east countries. That's what got us in all this terrorist shit to begin with.

B-B-But what about Israel?!?!?

Fuck em. They can take care of themselves. What have they ever done for us except cause us problems?
Good post. Agreed.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
when we actually look what's going on here, we see a huge victory by Obama, and more evidence of his incredibly deft handling of international policy, as well as giving us a textbook case of how you prove that a leader is lying that only highlights the incredible failures of the Bush administration. how pathetic and foolish they look now after the chess game Obama has played against Ahmadinejad:
Sorry, but the intelligence work on this occured during the Bush administration. The reason Obama went public with the information was because the Iranians had just found out that we knew about it and were attempting to declare it publically. Obama went public with the information before they did.

When it comes to Iran, there are not to many differences between Bush and Obama administration policies, although certain Obama administration chauvinist would like to paint a different picture.

Quote:
now we see the deeper strategy behind scrapping the silly missile defense in Eastern Europe as Tehran is further isolated.
There is nothing silly about missile defense. There are US and coalition troops, Saudi and Israeli citizens who are alive today because of missile defense.

In addition, Obama's reason for not going ahead with the specific missile defense system in Poland and the Czech Republic was because of new intelligence information showing that Iranian production and development had refocused away from long range missile develoment toward short range and medium range missile development.

There efforts under way to bolster US and allied missile defenses in middle east and Persian Gulf against short range and medium range ballistic missiles, but you probably think that is "silly".

Quote:
maybe, just maybe, Obama really can save the US from the absolute disaster of the Bush years.
Now that is something silly. About as silly as the Russian claim that a few radars and intercepter missiles placed in Poland and the Czech Republic posed a threat to Russia.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Plenty of evidence has been out there that Iran is not cooperating, the question is, will liberals dream up a way to dismiss this latest piece of evidence.

The people of Iran are very proud of their country and government. What they have achieved while the West constantly attempts to thwart them is impressive.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
About as silly as the Russian claim that a few radars and intercepter missiles placed in Poland and the Czech Republic posed a threat to Russia.
So why were they there? As scenic attractions?
Old 09-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Good post. Agreed.

what is really amusing to me is when people talk about bombing Iran and we need to send in troops and they are terrorists and all that bullshit, and yet most of them probably couldnt point to Iran on a map if their life depended on it, let alone know their basic history from the 50's or so.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #22
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
Actually, I'm trying to say that it was all over by 2001.
If your claiming that Iraq was not in violation of 17 UN security council resolutions passed under Chapter VII rules of the United Nations in 2001, you would be incorrect.

Quote:
I know what happened before that. And we took care of it in 1991. There was no reason to go back.
Really, well I have some shocking news for you. Take a look at this video from December 16, 1998.

YouTube - President Clinton orders attack on Iraq

The hard fact is, that so long as Saddam remains in power, he threatens the well being of his people, the peace of his region, the security of the world. The best way to end that threat, once and for all, is with a new Iraqi government. A government ready to live in peace with its neighbors. A government that respects the rights of its people.

President Bill Clinton

December 16, 1998

"All taken care of in 1991"? I don't think so.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #23
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
Really, well I have some shocking news for you. Take a look at this video from December 16, 1998.

"All taken care of in 1991"? I don't think so.
Never said I agreed with that action either. But I will say that an airstrike and an all out invasion are two very different things.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
The people of Iran are very proud of their country and government. What they have achieved while the West constantly attempts to thwart them is impressive.
Proud of their government eh? Take a look at this video:

YouTube - Violence in Iran
Old 09-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:15 AM
2 questions:

Why are the Alphabet Media surprised about any of this?

How long will Israel wait to pounce?

<>
Old 09-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #26
Refugee

Quote:
So why were they there? As scenic attractions?
Well, since you don't know, they were to be placed there to defend against the threat of long range Iranian Ballistic missiles. The United States also has systems in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Israel and Turkey which defend against short range and medium range ballistic missiles that could threaten those countries.

But none of these systems threaten the country with the largest ballistic missile force in the world, Russia.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Proud of their government eh? Take a look at this video:

YouTube - Violence in Iran
I suppose the US government would just stand idly by in the event of a revolution by disaffected elements?
Old 09-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
How long will Israel wait to pounce? <>
Israel will not be involved in any direct attack. Why should they - better to let the foreigners do the dirty work.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
Never said I agreed with that action either. But I will say that an airstrike and an all out invasion are two very different things.
I was just pointing out that the issue which you mysteriously claim was resolved in 1991 was not. Bill Clinton's administration was also involved in other military actions against Iraq besides Desert Fox.

Iraq was NOT in compliance with any of the 17 UN Security Council resolutions in March 2003, and that is the chief reason why the invasion and Saddam's removal were justified.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #30
Refugee

Quote:
I suppose the US government would just stand idly by in the event of a revolution by disaffected elements?
The United States did stand idly by this past summer as they did not want to give the Iranian government a scape goat to focus people's attention on.

But none of that should matter anyway's since the "Iranian people love their government".