Interference Poll: 2012 US Presidential Election

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whom are you voting for?

• Virgil Goode (Constitution Party)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pearl said:
I agree with the economics part, but I also am nervous about women's issues if Romney gets in. That is why I'm hoping the Democrats keep control of Congress to prevent any radical changes to abortion and contraceptives.

Row v Wade will remain law no matter what, but you'll likely see more erosions of choice in te way of required transvaginal ultrasounds like in VA and cutting of funding to Planned Parenthood.

All of which will only harm poor women. I suppose having cervical cancer is better than having an abortion.

I am voting in my first election and I am voting for Barack Obama.

Mitt Romney is awful. I dislike everything about his positions. I don't trust him. His running mate is a disaster. His economic plan makes no practical sense. His social issues are archaic and regressive. I cannot understand anyone who supports Romney. Anyone I've talked to (hundreds) who has tried to explain their views and why they support Romney just says things that either don't make sense or aren't true. I have yet to see one single coherent argument for a Romney presidency in all of these months. It's unbelievably frustrating.

I am voting for Obama to keep that guy out of the presidency.

Aw, shucks. I'm glad I can still bring a laugh or two in between my bouts of excessive internet crankiness. :)

A friend texted me tonight that I should turn on PBS for some Mark Twain comedy award thing for Ellen Degeneres. But it autocorrected to Degenerate.

I was all, damn girl, when did you turn into some mean anti-gay Ellen hater?

Then she was all, whoops.

And I was all LOL.

corianderstem said:
A friend texted me tonight that I should turn on PBS for some Mark Twain comedy award thing for Ellen Degeneres. But it autocorrected to Degenerate.

I was all, damn girl, when did you turn into some mean anti-gay Ellen hater?

Then she was all, whoops.

And I was all LOL.

Like 10 of my friends were in the audience that night.

No one invited me. :(

My mother and auto correct = lethal combo when she tries to text or e-mail me on her phone. I have one gem saved that I wouldn't even post here.

It's funny posting on my phone in FYM and the things it auto corrects. Maybe it's trying to tell me something

PhilsFan said:
I am voting in my first election and I am voting for Barack Obama.

Mitt Romney is awful. I dislike everything about his positions. I don't trust him. His running mate is a disaster. His economic plan makes no practical sense. His social issues are archaic and regressive. I cannot understand anyone who supports Romney. Anyone I've talked to (hundreds) who has tried to explain their views and why they support Romney just says things that either don't make sense or aren't true. I have yet to see one single coherent argument for a Romney presidency in all of these months. It's unbelievably frustrating.

I am voting for Obama to keep that guy out of the presidency.

Funny, a lot of people are voting for Romney for the exact same reasons.

Funny, or sad.

In fact your supreme Court justice argument you gave me the other day is the first and only logical reason as to why Obama deserves another 4 years that anyone has given me.

I only know about Obama and Romney, and yeah, Obama 100%. Can't ever see myself vote for someone like Romney. I prefer to look forward, not stay in the past and go even further backwards.

I changed my vote (my real vote not this poll) to Barack Obama.

I respect your right to choose and everyone elses, and the right to not vote.

I do think the national vote tally is going to be huge talking point after this election, regardless of who wins. and any slight preference should cause one to take that into consideration.

I do think the hard push by Libertarians during the primaries for Ron Paul is reasonable and not wasted votes, they tell a story

I also would say the same for any green party, progressive types that throw votes, money and support at progressives like Dennis Kucinich when he is on the primary ballots.

Voted for Obama today. Went in anticipating long lines (my wife did early voting on Saturday and had to wait nearly 3 hours), but was in and out in 15 minutes.

I'll echo iron yuppie's and Irvine's reasons why, and add that, beyond actual policy, I find Romney lacks the moral character necessary for office. Given Obama's flaws (of which there are many), he at least has the moral character to stand up for his positions and defend them even when they're unpopular. Romney, over the course of this campaign (and really, his entire political career), has shown time again a lack of any sort of deep seated moral conviction in his positions, and willingness to either change his position, or falsely claim a different position than his own if it benefits him politically. And if you can't be honest and forthcoming while running for office, why should I expect you to behave any differently once in office?

Last edited:
This is a choice between an economic system that has a chance to balance the budget and begin paying down the debt and an economic system that has NEVER done so.

We've had massive job creation under both Keynesian economics and Supply-Side economics. That is mostly about demand and new industry.

But what we've never had is a balanced budget under Supply-Side economics.
Slick Willie was 100% right. The math doesn't add up. And it is that simple. Period.

I think most undecided/middle voters don't care about the social issues.
Otherwise, they'd be in the Republican camp already.
That's why I think this election is and should be about the one issue.

Once we get our house in order, in terms of the deficit, the economy will grow.
The credit rating will go back up. Jobs will be created. Boehner will have no footing for playing politics (especially if BO is re-elected) and things will improve.

I still think it's going to be a pretty damn close election.
Obama by less than 20 EV's.
I think my last prediction was 271-267, Obama.
So if that's right, I am claiming that prediction. :wink:

Rocky Anderson and his Justice Party have decent values, so i would be tempted to give him a vote.

I'm a big fan of Obama though. He's conducted himself admirably and his action on health care and gay marriage are bold and brilliant. Would have preferred Kucinich as the Democrat candidate though. He's a star.

Romney is unappealing on every level.

If I was american citizen, of those options, I'd vote for the Green Party, because it's closest to the type of parties I'm for here in Portugal and in Europe.

I'm reading the comments and I found interesting that there's also the phenomenon that (at least here) we call "the helpful vote", which is «I like this one better, but since this one doesn't have a chance of winning, I'm voting for Obama (Romney) to stop Romney (Obama) from winning».

Back
Top Bottom