Interference FYM Mock U.S. General Presidential Election #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For President!

• Obama/Biden

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • McCain/Palin

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Nader/Gonzalez

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Barr/Root

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I suck and will not exercise my right to vote.

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
We had polls here during the primaries, and I seem to remember there being polls here for the GE in 2004 as well. I thought since both VPs have been named, now would be a good time. The idea is obvious: Vote the way would vote if the election were today.

I will leave the poll open for 24 hours.

I figure, we can do it again after the RNC, to see if any of our independents/undecideds change their mind after it. And then maybe one more time closer to the actual election, but we'll see how it goes, if there's enough interest, before that.

You can post who you voted for or not. Although the thread will be boring if no one talks :wink:

I'm voting for the Irish guy......

O'bama.:sexywink:

As of today, based on the extremely awful judgement used by McCain I am going with Obama.

We had polls here during the primaries, and I seem to remember there being polls here for the GE in 2004 as well. I thought since both VPs have been named, now would be a good time. The idea is obvious: Vote the way would vote if the election were today.

I will leave the poll open for 24 hours.

I figure, we can do it again after the RNC, to see if any of our independents/undecideds change their mind after it. And then maybe one more time closer to the actual election, but we'll see how it goes, if there's enough interest, before that.

You can post who you voted for or not. Although the thread will be boring if no one talks :wink:

You realize FYM is a forum where the vast majority of people support the Democrats, even more so than in a state like Massachusetts. We learned that with the polls from 2004, higher percentage of people in Massachusetts voted for Bush, the most pro Kerry state in 2004, than in FYM.

I'm voting for the two fellas. The one my age and his pal.

I don't understand.

Why aren't you voting for the anti-choice woman who wants to teach science fiction in biology class?

I know these votes will have no value in the electoral colloge

But, I know quite a few people that are going to use

"write in" votes this year.

some will "write in"

Hillary

Romney

or

Huckabee

They should just write-in "useless waste of time" then.

That will be the outcome.

Except they can say they never missed an election
and they always voted for the person they believed in.

It seems like about half of the 2000 Nader voters I talk to say they wished they had held their nose and voted for Gore.

But, some knowing what we know about the Bush/ Cheney debacle,
still say they would not have supported the Gore surge. :shrug:

Barack, of course (with Barr as my second choice). I wish America was more like Interference.

"Barack, of course (with Barr as my second choice). "

Shame.

Maybe a new poll.

:lol:

Are you actually going to vote for Barr?

If so, I fucking get on my knees and plead that you don't. It's throwing your vote away. You don't even have to vote for Obama. A vote for McCain at least would actually matter. A vote for Barr has as much value as a vote for my pet cat. Same for Nader.

Back
Top Bottom